Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County 28 North Laurel 24
Final.
A great high school game, could not possibly be prouder of North. Pulaski is so good offensively, that we basically had to score on every possession to have a chance, which we did until oor next to last one in the fourth quarter. Ran 42 plays in first half to 6 for PC, which was our recipe to have a chance. Big tip of the hat to PC, they took our best possible shot and managed to pull out a win, something championship teams have to do.
Hats off to NL. Great job of executing your game plan.
Hats of to PC for doing what it takes to survive and move on.
You have to give it to this NL group though. I don't mean this mean but North Laurel hasn't been known for much winning in just about any what I call main sports and usually even with good teams they end up disappointing. I have sometimes joked it was the North Laurel way, but this team may have helped change that mindset at that school. I have always believed that to have a perceived strong athletic program you must be successful in football and/or basketball. Good luck to North in the future and good luck Pulaski the rest of this season.
Congrats Maroons!!

Great season North Laurel!!!

Good luck next week Maroons!
Olred Wrote:You have to give it to this NL group though. I don't mean this mean but North Laurel hasn't been known for much winning in just about any what I call main sports and usually even with good teams they end up disappointing. I have sometimes joked it was the North Laurel way, but this team may have helped change that mindset at that school. I have always believed that to have a perceived strong athletic program you must be successful in football and/or basketball. Good luck to North in the future and good luck Pulaski the rest of this season.

May not be a main sport to you there, Olred, but a state title, 2 state runner ups and more wins than ANY school in the state says at least one program at North knows a lot about winning. Stick to the football commentary.
Olred Wrote:You have to give it to this NL group though. I don't mean this mean but North Laurel hasn't been known for much winning in just about any what I call main sports and usually even with good teams they end up disappointing. I have sometimes joked it was the North Laurel way, but this team may have helped change that mindset at that school. I have always believed that to have a perceived strong athletic program you must be successful in football and/or basketball. Good luck to North in the future and good luck Pulaski the rest of this season.

May not be a main sport to you there, Olred, but a state title, 2 state runner ups and more wins than ANY school in the state says at least one program at North knows a lot about winning. Stick to the football commentary.
Congrats to PC. North proved they belonged.
North did every thing they needed to do to win that game but good teams like Pulaski find a way to win! North showed me tonight that they are for real!! Nothing but respect!!! That being said Pulaski better be ready to play their best game of the season if they want to beat the Bluebirds!!!
They'll beat Highlands
walterwhite Wrote:May not be a main sport to you there, Olred, but a state title, 2 state runner ups and more wins than ANY school in the state says at least one program at North knows a lot about winning. Stick to the football commentary.

walterwhite Wrote:May not be a main sport to you there, Olred, but a state title, 2 state runner ups and more wins than ANY school in the state says at least one program at North knows a lot about winning. Stick to the football commentary.

Sorry I didnt mean to ruffle any softball feathers. The comment was about football and a congratulations on a good season. Just an opinion of mine on the rest. I didn't mean to ruffle softball or cheerleaders either one, both have been great.
Olred Wrote:Sorry I didnt mean to ruffle any softball feathers. The comment was about football and a congratulations on a good season. Just an opinion of mine on the rest. I didn't mean to ruffle softball or cheerleaders either one, both have been great.

No problem at all. Feathers are perfectly groomed. Just stating the facts.
bo67 Wrote:They'll beat Highlands

Hope your right but if they play like they did tonight they will get killed!
R.E.S.P.E.C.T.! Hat off to North Laurel. They came out tonight and played the perfect game! Pulaski ran a total of 6 plays in the 1st half for a TOTAL 1:36 time of possession in the entire half! The Nelson kid ran his guts out tonight. He had 33 carries in the HALF! That's riding the horse right there. In the end, PC did show how dangerous its offense is, scoring on every drive in the 2nd half except the last one, when they ran out the clock inside the 3. North is building a very nice program. I look for them to be back very soon. Now, the Maroons have to get rested up for the next team n the list, Highlands. It's a great time of year to still be practicing.
Congrats PC, North executed the perfect gameplan and almost pulled it off.
First off congrats to the Maroons. I posted earlier that I hope the winner of this game wins the 2015 5A State Championship. Don't disappoint us Maroons finish it off and bring another one back to the east side of the state!!

Second, Congrats to the JAGS, Coach Larkey and staff for a terrific season!! Over the last few years the bar has continued to be set higher for each season. Future JAG teams now have tradition as well as high goals to aim at!!

Next, for those of you that have been Jaguar Haters this season and done nothing but troll the boards I hope that you now see what a Great Team this has been. Schedule or nothing else can take away from this group of kids!! They have had a terrific season for any team whoever they may be!! They have broke and set nearly ever record basically at North and Laurel Co as a whole!! If the only way you judge a team is by state championships, then there is only 6 successful programs a year. I personally see that as unfair to all the kids, coaches and parents who support their given teams!!

Closing, to all the Sr JAGS, it has been a honor and privilege to watch you grow up into fine young men. We have had some really good times over the years!! If you are ever in need of an ear to listen or a shoulder to lean on you all know where to find me!! I love each and every one of you guys!! May God bless each of you in a mighty way and I hope all your dreams come true!! You are all #1 in my book!!!!

God Bless & Go JAGS!!
David Oliver AKA TouchdownJaguars!!!! :Thumbs:
Jags are on the right path. Larkey has done a tremendous job.
We have enjoyed this North Laurel Season immensely. We knew a couple of years ago this North Laurel team was going to be special and it was. This team never failed to bring excitement to their fans, they have been more fun to watch play the game than any team four of us have ever been involved with. To the Seniors, you guys brought leadership to this team that was unbelievable, you set the bar high for these under classmen coming on behind you. You established a tremendous tradition for your school that will be talked about and used as a measuring stick for a lot of years to come. Thanks for the memories and continued good luck to everyone of you in the future. Hope to see several of you in the college ranks fairly close where we can get to a game and watch you play next season. The B'B Boys From B'ville
All year long, I've wondered why N.Laurel wasn't getting more respect.. Not being from that area, I'm not familiar with their FB history and tradition or lack thereof, but, I knew they were winning pretty big each week against some decent and not so decent teams.. After reading last weeks pregame thread with NL and SW, I thought maybe I was wrong and NL was just a product of a weak schedule, because they got absolutely no respect from the SW folks.. After last weeks performance and this weeks battle with the defending 5a champs should definitely quieten the critics and nay sayers. They were deservent of a Top 5 ranking in their class and hopefully, they'll build off this years success and get the program playing state championship type football year in and year out..
By the way, why isn't NL in the same district with SW and Pulaski Co.. Aren't those teams a better geographic fit than their current district? I may be wrong, just asking cause I'm not sure..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:By the way, why isn't NL in the same district with SW and Pulaski Co.. Aren't those teams a better geographic fit than their current district? I may be wrong, just asking cause I'm not sure..

North was in Pulaski's district, along with Madison Southern, until the last realignment. It didn't make much sense moving them to the eastern district when the 7th was left with only 4 teams. North should own District 8 for a long long time. Coach Larkey has them on the right path.
Congrats to NL on a great season. Best of luck to the Maroons next week as they take on the Blue Birds. Should be another great game. Survive and advance.
Congratulations to both teams!! North played so hard, and Pulaski never gave up. Shame one of them had to lose!
Granny Bear Wrote:Congratulations to both teams!! North played so hard, and Pulaski never gave up. Shame one of them had to lose!

Your a class act Granny!! No losers in this game though!! Winners all the way around!! God Bless & Go JAGS!!! :1:
Some folks in your neck of the woods would argue you over that statement. Sometimes, I ruffle feathers.....even walterwhite's!!!

Confusednicker:
If my feathers have to be ruffled I'd rather you be the one to ruffle 'em! You are alright, Granny. As for the game, Coach Larkey had a tremendous game plan and his players carried it out. Keep the ball away from the Pulaski offense as long as possible. I loved the onside kicks. Great strategy.If not for the holding call late, who knows, just might have pulled it off. Great game and season for North.
Great game plan + big balls + players that execute game plan = almost shocking the world
Yes it was!! I could barely believe the time of possession for PC. Great game plan from Coach Larkey!!
KYHSFBFan Wrote:All year long, I've wondered why N.Laurel wasn't getting more respect.. Not being from that area, I'm not familiar with their FB history and tradition or lack thereof, but, I knew they were winning pretty big each week against some decent and not so decent teams.. After reading last weeks pregame thread with NL and SW, I thought maybe I was wrong and NL was just a product of a weak schedule, because they got absolutely no respect from the SW folks.. After last weeks performance and this weeks battle with the defending 5a champs should definitely quieten the critics and nay sayers. They were deservent of a Top 5 ranking in their class and hopefully, they'll build off this years success and get the program playing state championship type football year in and year out..

SW folks give nobody any respect.
walterwhite Wrote:If my feathers have to be ruffled I'd rather you be the one to ruffle 'em! You are alright, Granny. As for the game, Coach Larkey had a tremendous game plan and his players carried it out. Keep the ball away from the Pulaski offense as long as possible. I loved the onside kicks. Great strategy.If not for the holding call late, who knows, just might have pulled it off. Great game and season for North.

Your right, the holding penalty killed them!