Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Stapleton... Johnson Central's biggest Star
Last Wednesday night at the CMA's... Chris Stapleton became a household name winning three awards.

- Album of the Year (Traveller)
- Best New Artist
- Male Vocalist of the Year

But before he was taking country music by storm, he was wearing #33 for Johnson Central on the football field.

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1447143913]
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Dude is going to make it big! Way to represent Johnson Co. and Eastern KY! Big fan here! :Clap:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Last Wednesday night at the CMA's... Chris Stapleton became a household name winning three awards.

- Album of the Year (Traveller)
- Best New Artist
- Male Vocalist of the Year

But before he was taking country music by storm, he was wearing #33 for Johnson Central on the football field.

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1447143913]

He is a great story :Clap:
^^
What??? I am glad I'm sitting down to read that!
Wink

I love seeing mountain people doing well in the public stage!

I had actually thought Johnson Central's biggest star was Pulp Fiction!?!
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
Wink

Depends on who you ask :biggrin:
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
Wink

The biggest star in Johnson County is Loretta or Herman Smile
Chris played football at JC with one of Loretta's nephews/great nephews (I don't remember the genealogy) for a few seasons.

Loretta's maiden name was Webb.

[Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51fXjDdxr-L.jpg]
If Chris gets a movie deal about his life.... what actor will play Bill Musick?

:pondering:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Chris played football at JC with one of Loretta's nephews/great nephews (I don't remember the genealogy) for a few seasons.

I know her maiden name because I have that name in my treeSmile. I've been up in the holler to talk to Herman Webb. He is one of the nicest men I've met.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:If Chris gets a movie deal about his life.... what actor will play Bill Musick?

:pondering:

good question.
I thought Bob Seger was the biggest thing to come out of Johnson Co.....Oh wait, that's right, he's the biggest jackass to come out of Johnson Co. My bad.
Last Friday night I played several tunes from Chris, The Jompson Brothers and The SteelDrivers at the football game.

The JC crowd was singing along and you could tell the since of Pride & Respect they have for Mr. Stapleton.

The Mayor of Paintsville declared November 2015 as Chris Stapleton Month.
Always glad to hear good stories from Krntucky. Way to much negative out there
When Chris said "All my cousins in Kentucky" during his Male Vocalist of the Year speech....

Every person from JC, Paintsville, Johnson County and all of the people that know him and have played music with him over the years felt like they were on stage with him.
Great talent!!!!
Please tell me he is from Butcher Holler as well...dude can rock it.
1993 JC yearbook pic.

The team that beat Paintsville 56-12 in the Apple Bowl.

Chris Stapleton is #33.

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1447228533]
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Please tell me he is from Butcher Holler as well...dude can rock it.

He is actually from the other side of the county.

If you remember hearing about the terrible flooding we had in July, he is from that area. Cross Creek if I'm not mistaken.
Thanks for the info. I don't think I've ever been to that part of the county, but I remember the video of the house floating down the road from the floods.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Chris played football at JC with one of Loretta's nephews/great nephews (I don't remember the genealogy) for a few seasons.

Actually Loretty is my wife's family. Her and Do have sat in my kitchen ate and drank coffee with my wife's grandpa Jake Webb (Who previously owned the house).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I thought Bob Seger was the biggest thing to come out of Johnson Co.....Oh wait, that's right, he's the biggest jackass to come out of Johnson Co. My bad.

Atta boy wacky&tacky, how did I get involved in all this anyways? You must eat, sleep, and dream about Seger year around to even bring me up!!....I guess that when your football team is so horrible that you cant even bring them up for discussion, I guess the only thing you have to do in Fort Thomas this time of year is to go after Seger (who btw, aint said a dang thing about your Blue Birds because he has felt so sorry for ya'll). But come to think of it, they don't even claim you to begin with, now do they? Makes you a loser all the way around, don't it?....Confusednicker:
OffTheHook Wrote:Actually Loretty is my wife's family. Her and Do have sat in my kitchen ate and drank coffee with my wife's grandpa Jake Webb (Who previously owned the house).

I want to meet Loretta. I've met Herman and Cissie.
Bob Seger Wrote:Atta boy wacky&tacky, how did I get involved in all this anyways? You must eat, sleep, and dream about Seger year around to even bring me up!!....I guess that when your football team is so horrible that you cant even bring them up for discussion, I guess the only thing you have to do in Fort Thomas this time of year is to go after Seger (who btw, aint said a dang thing about your Blue Birds because he has felt so sorry for ya'll). But come to think of it, they don't even claim you to begin with, now do they? Makes you a loser all the way around, don't it?....Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I want to meet Loretta. I've met Herman and Cissie.

Never know she's in. She sneaks in a day or two then sneaks out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Never know she's in. She sneaks in a day or two then sneaks out.

maybe I'll get lucky and see her at Hurricane Mills sometime,if not at Butcher Holler...I hope to get back up to Van Lear soon and go up in the holler and sit on the porch and listen to Herman talk about the good ole days. I talk trash on here but I absolutely love my fellow Kentuckians and the whole state of Kentucky.not many places that I haven't been to in this great state Smile.
OffTheHook Wrote:Never know she's in. She sneaks in a day or two then sneaks out.

maybe I'll get lucky and see her at Hurricane Mills sometime,if not at Butcher Holler...I hope to get back up to Van Lear soon and go up in the holler and sit on the porch and listen to Herman talk about the good ole days. I talk trash on here but I absolutely love my fellow Kentuckians and the whole state of Kentucky.not many places that I haven't been to in this great state Smile.
There is a very nice display at the Country Music Museum with Chris. They is an individual picture in his football uniform in the display.
BigMelon63 Wrote:There is a very nice display at the Country Music Museum with Chris. They is an individual picture in his football uniform in the display.

I'm glad Chris came along and ushered The Judds and Billy Ray Cyrus off of the "Country Music Highway"

Yes, I admit it.... I'm a HUGE Chris Stapleton MARK!!!!!!

:Cheerlead :champ::champ::champ: :Cheerlead
For those of you who don't know... #33 and Class of '96 graduate of Johnson Central, Chris Stapleton is having two concerts today (3-24-16) at Johnson Central HS sponsored by Dodge Ram Trucks for being a "Hometown Hero'.

One concert will be for the HS & MS students during school hours.

The second concert will be at 7pm. This is a FREE concert, but good luck getting tickets.
Tickets were gone in about 5 minutes.

Chris has been in town for about two days, he has been all over the place. Johnson County is going nuts. Today is going to be insane!!!!

Believe me, if BGR allowed voice notes.... here is where I would insert my best Ric Flair WOOOOOOOO impression!!!!!!!