Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro @ Shelby Valley 11 / 6
Some say Middlesboro has not shown up since Whitley Co. Well can that team show up and get the upset at Shelby Valley. Playing hard.
SV 35
Boro 7

Boro will finish the season at 1-10 😱
Consolidate with Bell... Will be lucky to have enough to get on charter bus..
SV by 26.
Shelby Valley runs away with this one

Shelby Valley 38

middlesboro 13
Shelby valley 64
Middlesboro 07

:yikes::yikes::yikes:
Another exciting nail-biting contest that has become the norm for first-round KHSAA playoff games.

Yawn. Running clock.
wild cats win
Shelby Valley - 46

Middlesboro - 14
Valley names it in this one...
I heard there was a new kid coming to Middlesboro team next year. Does anyone know any details on him?
Valley is a very good offensive team. They have three strong tremendous backs that can rush for big yardage against anyone. They get through the line as quickly as any backfield I have seen in 35 years. Layne is exceptional at hiding the ball and carrying out fakes. Keeps the defense on their heels. Tall order for the Jackets.
Valley by 35
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ThatMan98 Wrote:I heard there was a new kid coming to Middlesboro team next year. Does anyone know any details on him?

To be very honest, if he has an option to go anywhere else I would. Things are not good and will not improve for sometime. We may dress 18 players friday night, just depends, could be less. Go to Bell. Sorry, just the shape we are in.

:igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup:
I never thought that I would see the day where Middlesboro would fall to this level. I don't like it either.
Valley rolls!!! JV plays 2nd half.
From what I have heard from people he is about 6'1 and 305 maybe bigger. Sounds like middlesboro might get a good one
NextGeneration Wrote:To be very honest, if he has an option to go anywhere else I would. Things are not good and will not improve for sometime. We may dress 18 players friday night, just depends, could be less. Go to Bell. Sorry, just the shape we are in.

:igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup:

WOW, he can come to Pineville. I never thought that they would fall apart this bad. What has happened? They have folded.
Chase Elliott was at Bell Co's first day of practice this year, but the Middlesboro coaching staff talked him into coming back to Boro. I'm hearing quiet a few are transferring to Bell next year. Will move addresses if they have too. I bet Chase is sick he went back to Boro.
Just not many athletes there right now and the ones that are there are young. Absolute disgrace to talk about transferring, how do you ever expect the program, or you as a player, to ever get any better if you tuck tail and switch schools when things are bad? That's not how it's done. You just work hard to get better and it will.... Just ask Paintsville
Did some of those kids from Paintsville leave and then come back?

If you do not want to play somewhere and can leave , then be happy and go. High school is to short.
Flicka Wrote:Did some of those kids from Paintsville leave and then come back?

If you do not want to play somewhere and can leave , then be happy and go. High school is to short.

So you're unhappy because you're losing, but instead of putting the blame on yourself you blame the coaches and program and leave? Sorry buddy but I just don't agree with that logic
The players are the same ones that Randy Frazier brought that program back with. Then Admin at Middlesboro ran him off because a past Graduate of Middlesboro wanted the job. Now Randy is back at Bell Co as a Assistant Coach where he was at before he took the Middlesboro job. Don't blame the kids for wanting to follow Randy.
RicFlair Wrote:So you're unhappy because you're losing, but instead of putting the blame on yourself you blame the coaches and program and leave? Sorry buddy but I just don't agree with that logic

They said he was there at Bell at the beginning of the season, sounds like he was unhappy before losing. Middlesboro has more problems than just losing, sounds like no one is wanting to play their for whatever reason.

So yes if I am unhappy where I am and can leave, I will. Do you stay at places that you are unhappy. Have you never changed jiobs for a better one. Have athletes never transferred because they did not like the school or coach. His choice , not yours or mine.
Middlesboro Wrote:The players are the same ones that Randy Frazier brought that program back with. Then Admin at Middlesboro ran him off because a past Graduate of Middlesboro wanted the job. Now Randy is back at Bell Co as a Assistant Coach where he was at before he took the Middlesboro job. Don't blame the kids for wanting to follow Randy.
You couldn't be more wrong. Frazier had one winning season and probably one kid that touched the field on that team is playing now. Every skill player they have is a sophomore or freshman and randy did what with those kids?
RicFlair Wrote:Just not many athletes there right now and the ones that are there are young. Absolute disgrace to talk about transferring, how do you ever expect the program, or you as a player, to ever get any better if you tuck tail and switch schools when things are bad? That's not how it's done. You just work hard to get better and it will.... Just ask Paintsville
And middlesboro will get better with experience. All the freshmen that played this year know what to expect having that first season under their belts, even though it might not have been a good one. With more people helping, maybe transfers, I the program will get better. Chase Elliot will also improve with experience. He will learn from mistakes and remember what he did during the season that helped get him yards, TD's, etc and strive for those accomplishments
Flicka Wrote:They said he was there at Bell at the beginning of the season, sounds like he was unhappy before losing. Middlesboro has more problems than just losing, sounds like no one is wanting to play their for whatever reason.

So yes if I am unhappy where I am and can leave, I will. Do you stay at places that you are unhappy. Have you never changed jiobs for a better one. Have athletes never transferred because they did not like the school or coach. His choice , not yours or mine.
A job is a little different, have some pride about where you play and change it instead of running off and making it worse.
Middlesboro is down more this year than they have been in the past. They used to have a pretty good program over there. I predict it to be a running clock before halftime. SV wins it 49-12. And the 12 points for boro will come in the second half against the Wildcats JV
This year 1-10, next year the same or 0-11. Attitude reflects leadership, They need Coach Boone. Argue all you want, if I am not happy, I will change that. Middlesboro has all the skill they need, graduate 4 of the 5 starting oline. with only freshmen coming. Linemen is why they will not improve.
We have played 1 JV game in the last two years, what has anyone done with our younger players to make them better for next year. I agree that this will not be turning around anytime soon. Great point with attitude reflects leadership. Enough said.