Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield @ Caldwell County updates.
I will try to keep you all updated here.
Mayfield wins toss and defers.
3 and out for CC
Pick 6 for CC
7-0 CC with 9:06 left n first
7-3 CC with 1:53 left first
Same score at half.
10-7 Mayfield with 11:04 left in 3
Punt return for td. CC up 14-10 with 8:02 left in 3
Same score end of 3
Missed FG by Mayfield. Same score with 9:44 left in game.
CC just got their first offensive touchdown. CC up 21-10 with 7:34 left in game.
21-16 with 6:17 left in game.
Go Tigers!
22-21 MHS with 2:50 left
mysonis55 Wrote:22-21 MHS with 2:50 left

:Sad04:
Long FG. 24-22 CC with 37 seconds left in game
Mayfield 25-24 final
Hell of a ball game
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Congrats to Mayfield. Sounds like a good one to watch.
I hate that I missed the game, but I had to work,from what I could tell from the news it looked like a good game between two EVENLY MATCHED teams
I can't wait to see the stats. We severely out gained them. Their offense scored 1 touchdown and 1 fg. The fg came late with us in prevent defense due to a VERY controversial pass int call. The had a pick 6 and a punt return for 6. Our defense was lights out. Theirs was much better than I suspected they were. Of course we did have a starting senior lineman out and a sophomore replacing him. I think if you would check most would say we really should have had that one by 2 touchdowns or more. But it's football and that's the way the ball bounces sometimes.
mysonis55 Wrote:I can't wait to see the stats. We severely out gained them. Their offense scored 1 touchdown and 1 fg. The fg came late with us in prevent defense due to a VERY controversial pass int call. The had a pick 6 and a punt return for 6. Our defense was lights out. Theirs was much better than I suspected they were. Of course we did have a starting senior lineman out and a sophomore replacing him. I think if you would check most would say we really should have had that one by 2 touchdowns or more. But it's football and that's the way the ball bounces sometimes.

Mayfield down by one with 37 second to play and win give us a run and how in the **** did mayfield win this one. The football gods is good to mayfield. :Cheerlead
64, you would have loved it. After CC scored and we had 37 seconds, I saw the coaches make all of the offensive players drink some of that special water we have been telling you about. Is is trademarked and a guard kept on it at all times.

Then we go out and throw about a 15 yard pass On the first play to get it around our 30. Then they tackle one of our recievers across the middle which gives us another 15 yards. Then we hit Kevin Caldwell (ironic huh) across the middle. He slips a tackle and runs it to their 5. There is 2.8 seconds left. As soon as they blow the whistle, Arnett spikes the ball. The clock operator tried to run the time out but, the refs caught it. Then Sidney Herndon did what he did to the burg last year.
64, what the heck happened to the Corbin boys???
64, you can look at our future tomorrow at 12:30 eastern. Our 8th grade plays CAL in state semis. It is streaming live.
Despite the punt return TD and the pick 6 that Caldwell had, the stats were still fairly even.. Mayfield had 120 total yards in the 1st half and CC had 90.. Mayfield had a big play on the 1st series of the 2nd half to score a go ahead TD and then had a big play at the end of the game that gave them a chance to kick the winning FG.. Throw those 2 plays out and Mayfield did very little offensively.. CC had a very good long drive in the 2nd half and a couple of other decent drives.. Not sure what the final stats were, but, I don't think they were dominated either way.. This was 2 pretty evenly matched teams going at it, imo..
Caldwell's pass defense is its Achilles heel. It also shows Caldwell will struggle to get beyond its region. They probably will be able to take Tilghman again unless PT plugs some holes. This is not a particularly powerful Tornado team, but one that is capable of segments of potency.

I'm not worried at all about Mayfield. Just another tough win on the road.
Mayfield was just teasing CC. Snatching victory away from a team that thinks it has it won is hard on their soul.
Final stats by Caldwell Countys paper was 458 for Mayfield. 305 yards for Caldwell. Caldwell did do a great job on the pick 6, and on the punt return. Caldwell players did a great job of setting up a wall of blockers for Cain.