Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County Lady Cardinals Pre-Season HoopFest
The Scott County Lady Cardinals Hoopfest is excited to release the schedule for 2015 “preseason” event, November 13th & 14th at Scott County High School. This is our 16th year hosting the biggest preseason varsity event in the state of Kentucky for Girl's High School Basketball.

Friday: November 13th

4:50 Williamstown vs Paris

5:55 Owen County vs Beechwood

7:00 Carroll County vs Jeffersontown

8:05 Anderson County vs East Jessamine

9:05 Scott County vs Holmes

Saturday: November 14th

9:00 Grant County vs Frankfort

10:05 Villa Madonna vs LCA

11:10 Bath County vs Western Hills

12:15 Whitley County vs St. Henry

1:20 South Laurel vs Scott High

2:25 Assumption vs Metcalfe County

3:30 North Laurel vs Holy Cross

4:35 Harrison County vs Powell County

5:40 E’town vs Lincoln County

6:45 Ballard vs Montgomery County

8:00 Manual vs Simon Kenton
What is the admission to the Hoopfest?
$5 all day ticket. Kids 6 and under are free. We also accept KHSAA coaches pass.
Follow the link for more details

http://tinyurl.com/schoopfest
Does anyone know how Whitley, South Laurel and North Laurel did today?
SK won.
South looked as bad as you would ever imagine. Bright side is can't get any worse but he was playing looked like 3 groups of 5 and played all 20 kids. Gonna be interesting to see how it unfolds. Just seen 2nd half of Whitley. They looked ok. Didn't stay for north game.
North lost first half by 6 and list 2nd half by 2. All I know. Was playing holy cross so must have played pretty well
Thanks playmaker... I just talked to someone who was there and was at all 3 games and this is what she said...
Whitley won both halves in close ones and struggled defensively. She said they were down from last year but thought the Estes girl shot it very well but was VERY timid on her leg still. If she gets her confidence back her and feltner will be a very good duo but some others will need to develop.

South Laurel lost both halves and was down double digits most of the time but played like playmaker said and played everyone! I was told that she thought if coach Thomas shortens it some and they can get the unforced turnovers under control that they will be dangerous in our district this year.

North Laurel lost the first half by 6 and won the second by 2. North struggled to score against the athletic guards of holy cross Covington. She thought North didn't play great on either side of the ball but also would have done better if they hadn't played 10-11 deep.
They should probably be happy though to have played such a good team.

I was told some other schools scrimmaged elsewhere does anyone know the outcomes of those?