Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County 75 Magoffin County 21
If bell embarrasses Powell and ran up the score nobody would say a word because they wouldn't care.. But lord help if Powell ever plays well somebody always has to criticize them in some way yeah 75 points is a lot to score in a game but you gotta understand that magoffin let that happen Powell was scoring everytime they touched the ball and JV did the same just magoffin couldn't stop Powell it's just as much there fault for letting a team run all over them
Kingtitan3 Wrote:If bell embarrasses Powell and ran up the score nobody would say a word because they wouldn't care.. But lord help if Powell ever plays well somebody always has to criticize them in some way yeah 75 points is a lot to score in a game but you gotta understand that magoffin let that happen Powell was scoring everytime they touched the ball and JV did the same just magoffin couldn't stop Powell it's just as much there fault for letting a team run all over them
Scoring 75 points is uncalled for. I pray Bell or whoever they play runs it up like Powell did. I see a lot of dominate teams ( Belfry for one) that keeps their score in check. Now I hope who ever Powell plays win by a 100 and say we played our freshman.
Kingtitan3 there's no use in it everyone will only ever say Powell are losers and such I mean everyone thinks everyone has to be a winner now days oh well let them all cry and such Powell plays with class and won with class and will continue to do so and kingtitan3 thank you Powell is a good team and appreciates what you have said or should in my opinion thank you very much and if they get beat by 100 they will realize they weren't the better team and accept the lose because they win and lose alike with class
waughdaddy59 Wrote:Kingtitan3 there's no use in it everyone will only ever say Powell are losers and such I mean everyone thinks everyone has to be a winner now days oh well let them all cry and such Powell plays with class and won with class and will continue to do so and kingtitan3 thank you Powell is a good team and appreciates what you have said or should in my opinion thank you very much and if they get beat by 100 they will realize they weren't the better team and accept the lose because they win and lose alike with class

Winning by score 75 isn't using class.
Who remembers last year when estill beat Powell 62-6 nobody hounded estill for doing that to Powell that was a total beat down and they just kept scoring and scoring... Estill had no mercy on Powell and nobody stood up for Powell but I guess that doesn't matter because Powell will always be the bad guys
Kingtitan3 Wrote:Who remembers last year when estill beat Powell 62-6 nobody hounded estill for doing that to Powell that was a total beat down and they just kept scoring and scoring... Estill had no mercy on Powell and nobody stood up for Powell but I guess that doesn't matter because Powell will always be the bad guys

So you agree that Powell didn't show no mercy on magoffin county this year? And, Powell scored two more tds than estill did last year just to flex a little. Magoffin paid the price of estill county beating Powell so bad last year they had to beat someone by a lot more this year.
Woooh that was total just shit you pulled out of nowhere it wasent a flex on anything and it wasent to just beat someone it was just football I mean my god man your crazy ignorant and kingtitan3 is right last year I watched them be beat 62 to 6 which is worse than 75 to 21 no one cared then but yet if Powell Does it everyone thinks we are monster what happened to no one caring about them lol
You can talk a big game Hoss Cat but truth is Powell will get destroyed by Breathitt or Bell. It really doesn't matter. Enjoy your Sunday. By the way a few periods here and there never hurt anybody big dog
Okay bell might give the pirates a go for the money but breahitt was beaten by Powell and that's down in the books already I mean it's true bell is good but Powell is good I mean boys no one knows the future I think Powell can do whatever they plz and this site was built for grammar lol
Guys Powell is very classy. The clock started running in the 3rd, within a possession half of the players on the field were JV. It Eventually got to where the entire defense were JV players. The Varsity Offense was kept in until the start of the 4th. The score was 41-21 at halftime, at Magoffin led 14-13 at the end of the 1st. Powell didn't use any trick-plays throughout the whole game and most scoring drives were one play. Even the JV scored in play, there was a flag thrown they then scored on the next play, from the opponent 40. Honestly Powell was just the better team. Coach Brandon Brewer did everything he could to not run up the score and is concerned that Powell is being accused of being a classless team. If you end up losing that game that would be crushing to all involved. Alabama and big time programs win games 70-7 to weaker FCS/Division 2 opponents all the time yet they are considered classy. Don't get me wrong I am not comparing either to Alabama or a FCS/Division 2 team. I know the score looks bad but, Powell only ran about 3 or 4 plays all night long and Magoffin couldn't stop it, none of those were trick plays. Don't say Powell classless unless you went to the game if you went to the game and you think Powell was classless, I am sorry you just don't know Football
In 2009 Stanford played USC and won 55-21, they went for a 2 point-conversion on a late TD in the 4 by running star running back Toby Gerhart. The coaches Pete Caroll and Jim Harbaugh, they saw each other quite often in the NFL Seahawks vs 49ers. But Anyways after the game Caroll, and obviously so was upset by Jim going for 2. My point being that is running up the score Powell wasn't trying to run up the score but merely competing. And I agree with KingTitan3 some blame must go to the other team. By the way the Stanford QB Freshman QB Andrew Luck, but karma struck him hard remember the 2014 AFC Championship game yes that's right 45-7 ouch that must hurt to get embarrassed in front thousand of fans attending and the millions more watching at home.
The starters stayed in against MCHS jv and scored twice before they put there jv in. Thus is a real class act from Powell Co staff. All jerks.
They didn't put there jv 8n until the last bit of the forth quarter. Now let's tell the truth.
Its over! They got beat let it go... Powell was the better team all around just saying.
the only reason a team should score 75 is..... The other team is in the 60s-70s as well... Very, very few from PC know what "class" is. I'd love to hear y'all whine and cry if the opposition hung 70 on you... You don't have to worry tho, they won't. They would adjust play calling, use play clock, take out the starters or whatever it took to make it look decent. Show me a coach that kicks the opposition after they tap out, I'll show you the purest form of an a$$hole... I'm a fan of the game, a fan of the kids and coaches.. I know of several times where Holcomb, Hilton, Haywood, HAddix, Larky, ect. Had the team to do it.. But didn't. All you guys or gals who approve of this need to lead the March for a coach with character and good morals who will teach kids the game, form relationships, and life... That's the foundation of a team..
The 4th quarter was played by only JV players and the JV scored 3 TD's. Magoffin had a 14-13 lead at the end of the 1st, but I'm sure you already knew that. Name me a team that lower by 30 plus and blamed the other team, they all blame themselves. Look Colts last year against New England, 2012 Alabama vs Notre Dame. Powell ran no trick plays and kicked the PAT every time, and only ran the 3 or 4 plays the whole game, bcpc I know it looks bad if you were not there but if you were you would understand. The other team also has the responsibility no not let 75 points get put up.
bcpc Wrote:the only reason a team should score 75 is..... The other team is in the 60s-70s as well... Very, very few from PC know what "class" is. I'd love to hear y'all whine and cry if the opposition hung 70 on you... You don't have to worry tho, they won't. They would adjust play calling, use play clock, take out the starters or whatever it took to make it look decent. Show me a coach that kicks the opposition after they tap out, I'll show you the purest form of an a$$hole... I'm a fan of the game, a fan of the kids and coaches.. I know of several times where Holcomb, Hilton, Haywood, HAddix, Larky, ect. Had the team to do it.. But didn't. All you guys or gals who approve of this need to lead the March for a coach with character and good morals who will teach kids the game, form relationships, and life... That's the foundation of a team..

When I saw the score I was surprised, thought it was running it up. 85% of Powell's plays run right up the middle. They've thrown 6 or 7 times in the past 6 games. Early in the Magoffin game (which was close through the first and part of second quarter) was the only time Powell passed in district play. STOP talking unless you were at the game or watched the film. The only thing Powell could've done to prevent the score was to knee and punt. It is high school football, that would take the fun out of it for every kid out there. Bottom line. They probably could have subbed better, but they do not have many backups, especially for offense. They simply ran the ball up the middle and no one tackled them. So stop talking, and I want to know why you think Powell is so "classless". Waughdaddy, from a fellow Pirate, shut your mouth, there's no reason to defend it, people are going to talk whether they know what really happened or not.
Well man I'm just defending the kids they won this game because they played hard there's no reason to down and to be a fellow pirate don't tell me to shut my mouth I don't know who you are but don't do that
Bell County 67
McCreary Central 0

Breathitt 68
Newport 12

Breathitt 62
Morgan 8

Garrard 70
Powell 33

Bourbon 70
Powell 7

Madison Southern 71
Powell 21

Estill 62
Powell 6

Morgan 65
Powell 6

Fleming 61
Powell 2

Estill 77
Powell 6

Fleming 68
Powell 7

Prestonsburg 79
Powell 20

Berea 61
Powell 8

Middlesboro 60
Powell 16

Breathitt 68
Powell 7

Where there poat about all of those blowouts? Classless???? Really. If a coach put young kids in, that never gets to play, then they will do everything they can to impress the coaches. In all of the blowouts Powell took, did the other team take knees? Taking a knee doesn't help a team get better. Even if the JV is playing defense. They want to impress their coach as well.
Let the kids play. Let the coaches coach their team. If there is a problem, let them settle it. But calling Powell County classless is ridiculous. Look at the beat downs your teams have given and we don't call your team classless. You guys have a good team and always have a great team. Good luck to all the teams in the playoffs.
Well said pc sports let the kids play boys they won fair and square that's all this should be
I was at the game and MCHS put there jv in and Powell left starters in and scored twice on there jv. That's not class, that's being a jerk.
It's time to let it go it's done and gone
Sorry hornet dad your team just couldn't hang with the Pirates