Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County @ Letcher County 10/23
fence jumper Wrote:Sounds like woods should be the running back not the qb

He is both Smile
He would be their best receiver if they had somebody to throw it to him.
fence jumper Wrote:Sounds like woods should be the running back not the qb

In a perfect world, Woods still has Mills and Hickey behind him in the backfield and he never runs it.
E's Army Wrote:He would be their best receiver if they had somebody to throw it to him.

Hes just one of those natural athlete kind of kids.
Hed go big time if he had the size. He could very well end up being the best basketball player in the region before the season is over. He just has that kind of athleticism. Definitely one of the best Colonels of the past decade.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:In a perfect world, Woods still has Mills and Hickey behind him in the backfield and he never runs it.

That would have been a lot of fun to watched, but Luke would still be doing his Fran Tarkenton thing driving defenses crazy...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Hes just one of those natural athlete kind of kids.
Hed go big time if he had the size. He could very well end up being the best basketball player in the region before the season is over. He just has that kind of athleticism. Definitely one of the best Colonels of the past decade.

Luke is a gifted athlete that plays the game the way it's supposed to be played...He's got some of Dad and Uncle Mike in him, the Colonels will miss him next year...
Luke is one of those guys you want in a trench with you. Plays hard and smart.
OldJacket Wrote:Luke is a gifted athlete that plays the game the way it's supposed to be played...He's got some of Dad and Uncle Mike in him, the Colonels will miss him next year...

In my honest opinion, if Chappell is still there, he will have to completely restructure his offense as right now its based completely around Woods.

Problem is, they need and entire summer to line a defense up.
OldJacket Wrote:That would have been a lot of fun to watched, but Luke would still be doing his Fran Tarkenton thing driving defenses crazy...

Fran Tarkenton is exactly who he reminds me of.Mills and Hickey behind him would really drive defenses crazy :biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:In a perfect world, Woods still has Mills and Hickey behind him in the backfield and he never runs it.

That's the kind of world I want to live in.
OldJacket Wrote:Luke is a gifted athlete that plays the game the way it's supposed to be played...He's got some of Dad and Uncle Mike in him, the Colonels will miss him next year...

I hope they have another good one to step into his shoes. He has been fun to watch.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:In my honest opinion, if Chappell is still there, he will have to completely restructure his offense as right now its based completely around Woods.

some big changes need to be made.
pjdoug Wrote:I hope they have another good one to step into his shoes. He has been fun to watch.

Soph Dylan Wilson will be the next one. He is a very good athlete and has a cannon arm. He starts on both sides of the ball right now at Y receiver and safety. I think there will be less big plays by the QB next year as far as runs but the offense will be in good hands with Dylan.
Need to get Luke Fever and show up and watch the Colonels.
footballfever Wrote:Soph Dylan Wilson will be the next one. He is a very good athlete and has a cannon arm. He starts on both sides of the ball right now at Y receiver and safety. I think there will be less big plays by the QB next year as far as runs but the offense will be in good hands with Dylan.

glad to hear that.
Luke could move up the state's leading rushers list with another big night in Whitesburg.
Luke Legend 300 yards passing and 200 rushing in Whitley victory.
footballfever Wrote:Soph Dylan Wilson will be the next one. He is a very good athlete and has a cannon arm. He starts on both sides of the ball right now at Y receiver and safety. I think there will be less big plays by the QB next year as far as runs but the offense will be in good hands with Dylan.

Dylan made some big plays tonight.
E's Army Wrote:Luke Legend 300 yards passing and 200 rushing in Whitley victory.

Over 500 yards of total offense tonight.
What a team they could be with a few more skill players.

Lukes numbers have got crazy.
Luke's numbers....317 passing 3 TD
202 rushing 4 TD
Luke for Presudent. If he can make Whitley's offense work he can do anything
Really depends on which defense he sees. He is very good, but can not do it alone.
Fever who was betting you on the 1-5 start for Whitley? Looks like they did a little better than that.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:In my honest opinion, if Chappell is still there, he will have to completely restructure his offense as right now its based completely around Woods.

Uh oh what do you mean if Chappell is still there. I smell something :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
E's Army Wrote:Luke Legend 300 yards passing and 200 rushing in Whitley victory.

Luke Woods is hands down one of the best all around athletes in the area and a great kid to. It's hard to imagine 500 total yards of offense in 1 game, I wonder if this has ever been done before? Coach Chappell has done a good job.
Thomas Frazier did it for Williamsburg against Cumberland in a shootout they won. Luke's dad was probably calling the plays for Williamsburg that night. Luke is as good a student as he is an athlete.
We got owned.
64SUR Wrote:Uh oh what do you mean if Chappell is still there. I smell something :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:

:yikes:
LCC Wrote:We got owned.

:truestory: