Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rankings Week Ending 10/10
Granny Bear Wrote:QUOTE=jetpilot;1927923]This coming from a Monday morning QB, there needs to be more discussion among panel members before results are made public. That could eliminate some glaring errors. Pretty decent job overall for a new deal but you can tweak it a little IMO...

Also, there are 11 teams in Class A top 10. If 2 teams tie for #1, the next team is #3, not #2...

Again, you guys get a "B", tinker a little and it could easily be an "A" every week IMO...

picky picky picky......

I do that so that more teams can get mentioned, and get a little exposure. If you don't like it, volunteer to tally up the scores!!
Confusednicker:[[/QUOTE]

Hey , I gave you guys a B!!!!!:Cheerlead
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Im interested to see how everyone feels about Belfry and Paris now.

Do you want to know how I feel? :biglmao:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I stand firmly behind the fact that Paris is NOT a top 5 team.

1. Beechwood (is still a two td favorite over the east rep imo)
2. Paintsville (deserves the 2 spot as well as makes their statement on really being a number 1 team)
3. Russellville (hard not to put them over the next two after seeing Murray's showing against Mayfield)
T4. Raceland/Pikeville .these two are neck and neck imo. I give Raceland the slight edge based on the Raceland/LC, Pikeville/Belfry, and LC/Belfry game.

The rest imo, can be pulled from a hat. The semi finalist and state champs are somewhere in my top 4/5. My question is this, if Raceland beats Fairview by as much or more than Paintsville did, what does that make everyone think?

In 3A, I have a hard time pushing Belfry higher than 3-5. I think they are title contenders, but they have some major issues with turnovers. Hard to have much faith in a team that turns the ball over 7 times but at the same time, they turned it over 7 times and still won the damn ball game...defense wins championships. But if they make it that far, you cant do that against other championship caliber teams, they will make you pay for them.

Beechwood is the favorite from the west. Pikeville should be 3 and I agree on the turnovers.
Quote:Hey , I gave you guys a B!!!!!:Cheerlead

I want an "A"!

I know what "B" stands for!!!
Confusednicker:
killbilly usmc Wrote:Corbin should be higher than Adair. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in Bowling Green if they ever get healthy again.

I agree.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Lexington Catholic was not a nobody when JC dominated the Knights in Lexington. LexCath has lost to two top 10 6A teams and to Johnson Central.

South Warren could not even reach the 3A finals a year ago and JC soundly beat the 3A champion the week before the playoffs began. Both teams returned many starters, but JC was easily a better team a year ago and I see no convincing evidence that SW has improved enough to overtake JC this season.

However, I can see how a reasonable person might vote SW #1. I do not see how a reasonable person could leave Lexington Catholic off the ballot in 3A or vote Paintsville #1 over Beechwood. The Tigers have a shot at a title, but Covington Catholic, which beat Beechwood by 20, would likely beat Paintsville by an even wider margin. Paintsville has never won a state title and without a really bad loss by Beechwood or an impressive win over a common opponent with Beechwood, I don't understand how anybody could rank Paintsville over Beechwood. Yet 6 voters did exactly that. Amazing...

6 voters from your neck of the woods?
pjdoug Wrote:Beechwood is the favorite from the west. Pikeville should be 3 and I agree on the turnovers.

Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I stand firmly behind the fact that Paris is NOT a top 5 team.

1. Beechwood (is still a two td favorite over the east rep imo)
2. Paintsville (deserves the 2 spot as well as makes their statement on really being a number 1 team)
3. Russellville (hard not to put them over the next two after seeing Murray's showing against Mayfield)
T4. Raceland/Pikeville .these two are neck and neck imo. I give Raceland the slight edge based on the Raceland/LC, Pikeville/Belfry, and LC/Belfry game.

The rest imo, can be pulled from a hat. The semi finalist and state champs are somewhere in my top 4/5. My question is this, if Raceland beats Fairview by as much or more than Paintsville did, what does that make everyone think?

In 3A, I have a hard time pushing Belfry higher than 3-5. I think they are title contenders, but they have some major issues with turnovers. Hard to have much faith in a team that turns the ball over 7 times but at the same time, they turned it over 7 times and still won the damn ball game...defense wins championships. But if they make it that far, you cant do that against other championship caliber teams, they will make you pay for them.

Based on that you would think Raceland could play with Belfry and that blows your whole ratings system out of the water.
jetpilot Wrote:This coming from a Monday morning QB, there needs to be more discussion among panel members before results are made public. That could eliminate some glaring errors. Pretty decent job overall for a new deal but you can tweak it a little IMO...

Also, there are 11 teams in Class A top 10. If 2 teams tie for #1, the next team is #3, not #2...

Again, you guys get a "B", tinker a little and it could easily be an "A" every week IMO...

if the panel consisted of you,me,64 etc. it would improve drastically. I can even count to 10. :biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:if the panel consisted of you,me,64 etc. it would improve drastically. I can even count to 10. :biglmao:

If the three of us were on there no other ratings in the state would touch BGR>:truestory:
Granny Bear Wrote:QUOTE=jetpilot;1927923]This coming from a Monday morning QB, there needs to be more discussion among panel members before results are made public. That could eliminate some glaring errors. Pretty decent job overall for a new deal but you can tweak it a little IMO...

picky picky picky......

I do that so that more teams can get mentioned, and get a little exposure. If you don't like it, volunteer to tally up the scores!!
Confusednicker:[[/QUOTE]
no matter how hard a person tries. they can get 11 out of 10:trolldad:
jetpilot Wrote:picky picky picky......

Confusednicker:[

Hey , I gave you guys a B!!!!!:Cheerlead[/QUOTE]

You are too lenient.
Granny Bear Wrote:I want an "A"!

I know what "B" stands for!!!
Confusednicker:

Bear? Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:If the three of us were on there no other ratings in the state would touch BGR>:truestory:

You got that right.
Paintsville has not played Hazard.
pjdoug Wrote:picky picky picky......

Confusednicker:[
no matter how hard a person tries. they can get 11 out of 10:trolldad:[/QUOTE]

what?
Granny Bear Wrote:no matter how hard a person tries. they can get 11 out of 10:trolldad:

what?[/QUOTE]

:igiveup:
My freshman son was in the game too. The Paintsville offense and defense went vanilla. Zones on defense with no blitzing and they ran the same play on offense using 2 backup running backs for the last two quarters in an attempt to run the clock out. Kash is on the way to break a few Tiger records on defense. That is why they kept him in on defense. His backup QB had hurt his hand is why he stayed in on offense.
jetpilot Wrote:Based on that you would think Raceland could play with Belfry and that blows your whole ratings system out of the water.

I think if the same Belfry team that LC played, Raceland, Pikeville, and Paintsville would all 3 beat would beat them. Truth is, we should have beaten LC by 2 scores. We left 2 tds on the field. Credit Lc for the stops, but we didnt use our offense like I thought we would. We didnt throw the ball nearly as much as we usually do. Im not out to change anyone's mind, just voicing my opinion. All this is for talk any way.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Are you thinking Corbin should be unranked, or do you think they should be ranked higher.

Unranked or lower, maybe...MAYBE IN THE 10 spot.
pjdoug Wrote:6 voters from your neck of the woods?
Well, I'm one of them, and I didn't pick them #1, so that theory is out the window. Because they are VERY good, but the schedule doesn't support a first place vote, at least not yet, from me. They do the same thing to Raceland, then maybe, especially if Beechwood has a closer than expected game or a loss over the next couple of weeks.
jetpilot Wrote:This coming from a Monday morning QB, there needs to be more discussion among panel members before results are made public. That could eliminate some glaring errors. Pretty decent job overall for a new deal but you can tweak it a little IMO...

Discussions prior to release would likely accomplish little. IMO, for the most part I think it is done very well and almost everyone puts good thought into their votes. Do some have brain farts on some of them? Probably. It happens over the course of a season. As more and more Apple to Apple games/scores become available, it is correcting itself pretty well though, I think. There may still be a couple here and there that may get overlooked by a voter or two due to not knowing the teams from an area well, but again, I think it balances out.
irishcard16 Wrote:Unranked or lower, maybe...MAYBE IN THE 10 spot.

:thatsfunn
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Lexington Catholic was not a nobody when JC dominated the Knights in Lexington. LexCath has lost to two top 10 6A teams and to Johnson Central.

South Warren could not even reach the 3A finals a year ago and JC soundly beat the 3A champion the week before the playoffs began. Both teams returned many starters, but JC was easily a better team a year ago and I see no convincing evidence that SW has improved enough to overtake JC this season.

However, I can see how a reasonable person might vote SW #1. I do not see how a reasonable person could leave Lexington Catholic off the ballot in 3A or vote Paintsville #1 over Beechwood. The Tigers have a shot at a title, but Covington Catholic, which beat Beechwood by 20, would likely beat Paintsville by an even wider margin. Paintsville has never won a state title and without a really bad loss by Beechwood or an impressive win over a common opponent with Beechwood, I don't understand how anybody could rank Paintsville over Beechwood. Yet 6 voters did exactly that. Amazing...

Well, I was one of those that ranked Paintsville over Beechwood.. Here's why.. Look at Beechwood's schedule.. Show me a better than average team that they've beaten. There aren't any.. Many, like yourself, are looking at Beechwood as if they're the same team they were in the 90's.. They aren't, not even close.. The one team they played who was decent, but, still at 0-4 at the time with a running clock in 3 of those 4, the Tigers were absolutely man handled.. Now, we can say that CC would beat any other 1a team by as much or more, is nothing more than a guess.. Yes, past CC teams would likely beat any 1a team out their, but, I'm not buying that this particular CC team is very good.. It's one thing to play a strong schedule and compete, it's completely another, to play a strong schedule and get pummelled, which is what they did.. Paintsville defeated Bourbon Co bad.. Bourbon's a good team, not a great team, but, as good or better than any team Beechwood has beaten.. Pikeville and Fairview are better wins than any on Beechwood's schedule.. Paintsville has not only won every game, but, they've done it convincingly, for the most part and throwing out the EKy/NKy bias that exist, most reasonable fans would agree that Paintsville has done as much or more than Beechwood has minus the ugly loss..
anotherfootballnut Wrote:There are only 4 teams imo that have any shot at winning the 1A title
Paintsville
Beechwood
Pikeville
Raceland
After those it's a huge drop off , so to say Paintsville has two wins over top 10 teams ( Fairview and Hazard) isn't saying much , Raceland has one good win which is Lawrence co but after 2 straight loss's they dropped out of the top 10 in 3a so that doesn't help their cause much , if the beat fairview Friday night that really don't say much either . Pairs only beating Nichols co 12-7 shows how good they really are , Nichols co is pretty weak . Next week when Paintsville and Raceland play will decide the number 2 with beechwood being one just how it works when your from eastern ky no respect .

Paintsville beat Fairview and Pikeville....not Hazard.
More scheduling experts at work TongueirateSho
^^
Oh Lord, don't YOU start, too!!!
I looked for Gator95 to throw a flag :ref2: on 2A rankings. Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:Do you want to know how I feel? :biglmao:

Love to Oprah!
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Well, I was one of those that ranked Paintsville over Beechwood.. Here's why.. Look at Beechwood's schedule.. Show me a better than average team that they've beaten. There aren't any.. Many, like yourself, are looking at Beechwood as if they're the same team they were in the 90's.. They aren't, not even close.. The one team they played who was decent, but, still at 0-4 at the time with a running clock in 3 of those 4, the Tigers were absolutely man handled.. Now, we can say that CC would beat any other 1a team by as much or more, is nothing more than a guess.. Yes, past CC teams would likely beat any 1a team out their, but, I'm not buying that this particular CC team is very good.. It's one thing to play a strong schedule and compete, it's completely another, to play a strong schedule and get pummelled, which is what they did.. Paintsville defeated Bourbon Co bad.. Bourbon's a good team, not a great team, but, as good or better than any team Beechwood has beaten.. Pikeville and Fairview are better wins than any on Beechwood's schedule.. Paintsville has not only won every game, but, they've done it convincingly, for the most part and throwing out the EKy/NKy bias that exist, most reasonable fans would agree that Paintsville has done as much or more than Beechwood has minus the ugly loss..
I hope that you are right about the Tigers - I would love to see two Johnson County teams win state titles - but I think you are wrong. To rank Paintsville 1st because Beechwood has an "ugly" loss to a 5A team that plays one of the toughest schedules in the state makes no sense to me. Beechwood has soundly defeated every team on its schedule that it was favored to beat.
Here's a question. When's the last time Highlands and Cov Cath not in top 10? Rumor words from Highlands. They still think they can win state