Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the best defensive players in the region?
Three point shoots and fast breaks puts points on the board. But defensive wins the games. Who the best defensive players?
In the 14th, I think Sheri Gilbert from Owsley County would qualify for one of the best. She is extremely quick on her toes having many steals a game. If you don't watch out for her she will come out of nowhere. She knows the game of basketball well and will take any oportunity she can get to get her team the ball.
In the 15th Region I think everyone would have to mention Sally Roberts from Shelby Valley. She's just so quick--

Laura Perkins is also a very good defensive player from SV. She knows no fear--you can put her up against anyone and she'll get after it.
I Would Have To Say Haley Ratliff From Pike Central She Is Fast As Lighting She Sure Puts Up The Points 2 She Is Working This Year On Having 3;ooo Points That Is Something To Say For Her Or Anyone To Have That Imo
I agree Haley Ratliff
Bree Frazier from Lawrence Co, Haley Ratliff from Pike both are so darn quick its hard to keep up with them.
bballmama Wrote:Bree Frazier from Lawrence Co, Haley Ratliff from Pike both are so darn quick its hard to keep up with them.
i agree
Ratliff and Frazier are both very quick....even if they do foul they are so quick that the refs don't even see.....very good defensive players
I agree with the small one1024 that Sheri Gilbert is the best in the 14th.
Ashley Sexton Letcher Co Central
Heather Sturdivant Perry Co Central
Haley Ratliff
Sally Roberts - Shelby Valley
In the 14th there are some very good defensive players, including Sturdivant from PCC and I was impressed with Madden's defense for her size, she's a great contribution on the defensive end. Also Noble from Breathitt is quick and gets quite a few steals a game. Stidham from Leslie Co. is also good. Although she may not be the quickest she scraps for the ball and never turns the hustle off, very impressive, and I think her name is Boggs from Leslie is good also.
Ashley Jade Howard, Brittany Manns and Ashley Hall - Magoffin County. They all can pick your pocket and take it the other way!
Ashley Jade Howard, Haley Ratliff, and Sally Roberts are all terrific on defense!!
Hawksfan Wrote:Ashley Jade Howard, Haley Ratliff, and Sally Roberts are all terrific on defense!!
Ashley Hall from Magoffin Co.
Bree Frazier from LC
Brittany Manns and Ashley Jade Howard-MC
Ashley Hall had 18 steals in one game. Ashley Jade & Brittany Manns also great D players
str8 ripp'n Wrote:Ashley Hall had 18 steals in one game. Ashley Jade & Brittany Manns also great D players

Yeah she is very good alson, what game was this?

and when Michaela Howard means buisness she can rack up the steals to.
Sally Roberts is quick and plays good defense at times but she has to learn not to get into foul trouble with all the reaching she seems to do.....needs to learn her team needs her more on the floor instead of on the bench b/c of fouling out.....
bluefever4life Wrote:Sally Roberts is quick and plays good defense at times but she has to learn not to get into foul trouble with all the reaching she seems to do.....needs to learn her team needs her more on the floor instead of on the bench b/c of fouling out.....

I will agree that her team needs her on the floor but when u play good defense it is natural to foul ....that shows hussle and determination
IMO I would say Ratliff and sally roberts ...Imo also i think this is their strong point in the game of basketball
Shelby Valley's whole team! Defense is there game Man! Boy, Sally Roberts is quick. She's too fast for her own self sometimes. And I would hate to see Fleming coming my way as well. Congrats to Kayla Cantrall for really stepping up defensively this year. I'm mucho impressed.
Bree Frazier is the best!
IMO Ratliffs offencesive game foresadows her ability on the other end of the floor...she is always on the floor scrapping for lose balls and to knock them away...another girl from Pike Central who is tough on the defencive end who i have not saw mentioned is Abby Coleman out right now due to a straighned ligament in her shoulder, but shes a streaky shot and has great great hands...
Ashely Sumpter from SC.
spalding Wrote:I will agree that her team needs her on the floor but when u play good defense it is natural to foul ....that shows hussle and determination

Yes but you also have to learn to be smart when it comes to fouling....refs can be bad at times but you have to be able to read the refs and see how there going to call from the begining of the game so you'll know if you need to adjust your game...dont get me wrong roberts is a great defender but if she could just learn a bit she could really be great...maybe she'll mature more as a player and learn...she still young
Haley Ratliff. I've never seen anyone in my entire life run as fast as her. Shes a speed demon.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:IMO Ratliffs offencesive game foresadows her ability on the other end of the floor...she is always on the floor scrapping for lose balls and to knock them away...another girl from Pike Central who is tough on the defencive end who i have not saw mentioned is Abby Coleman out right now due to a straighned ligament in her shoulder, but shes a streaky shot and has great great hands...
I have to agree with you on that one. Abby is also great on defense, I have seen her frustrate many of opponents! The most important thing that she does is she stays in front of her opponent at all times and when I say in front, I mean she stay's right up in their grill!!!