Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview @ Dawson-Bryant (Coal Grove), OH 10/2
Who do you have and why. Fairview seems to be doing a bit better than anyone in the area thought they would this year, and Coal Grove seems to be a bit weaker than usual, so I take Fairview by a touchdown 28-20.
Fairview should win this game. But win or lose, they will get a dose of physicality. Coal Grove is always really chippy and extremely physical upfront. This game should prepare the Eagles for the battle they will face on the LOS in the district games. I like Fairview by a pretty good margin.

Westweed 42
Coal Grove Dawson Bryant (team needs a few more names) 6
Coal Grove is fairly average this year.

Two Coal Grove losses of note are to Lucasville Valley 47-14 and Portsmouth West 8-6. Both losses were AT Coal Grove.

I think Fairview wears them down and has a Running Clock by 3rd Quarter.
I say Fairview wins 55-14.
Fairview by 36.
let me shed some light on this renewed rivalry. coal grove has two players that were once at Fairview and chose to leave and go back to coal grove. McKnight also has a parent who coached defense at Fairview. I don't think there is any "bad" blood at all. but from what im hearing and reading there is no love loss here!! also playing across the river with ohsaa officials. I wouldn't be surprised if the game is closer than it should be. Fairview has picked it up playing better, fewer penalties and less turnovers lately. all this being said I think Fairview rolls in this one on the turf in hornet land:Cheerlead

FAIRVIEW 42

COAL GROVE 24
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:Who do you have and why. Fairview seems to be doing a bit better than anyone in the area thought they would this year, and Coal Grove seems to be a bit weaker than usual, so I take Fairview by a touchdown 28-20.
seriously 28-20 Fairview...28 points in first half maybe. and where is pondcreek??
Fairview should win, but you're automatically down 14-0 before the coin is tossed when you cross the river.
The Ohio team gets to run back fair catches for TD'S and the KY team will always get a block in the back flag on any break-away score. OH team only has to go 8 yards for a 1st down and KY team has to go 12 yards. OH team gains 5 yards, they spot it a 7 yard gain. KY team gains 5 yards, they spot it a 3 yard gain. Seen it happen way too many times.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Fairview should win, but you're automatically down 14-0 before the coin is tossed when you cross the river.
The Ohio team gets to run back fair catches for TD'S and the KY team will always get a block in the back flag on any break-away score. OH team only has to go 8 yards for a 1st down and KY team has to go 12 yards. OH team gains 5 yards, they spot it a 7 yard gain. KY team gains 5 yards, they spot it a 3 yard gain. Seen it happen way too many times.
unfortunately your correct sir. we have had this experience once already this year at madeira ohio. its a shame. but Fairview has the fire power to rise above. as always prayers for a safe game and no injuries.
I would agree 28 in first half if being played in Westwood. My prediction us based heavily on the game being played on the other side of the bridge.
Pond Creek is where Belfry is, I am a Belfry graduate. My kids attend Fairview. Thus PondCreekToWestwood.
If you dont know where Pond Creek is, you have been living under a rock Scrappy! Lol jokes bud. Hope your Eagles bring home a win for the bluegrass.
Other than Lucasville Valley, I haven't seen very good sportsmanship from any North of the river team I've seen the past few years. Lucasville Valley is a CLASS ACT in the sportsmanship category.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Other than Lucasville Valley, I haven't seen very good sportsmanship from any North of the river team I've seen the past few years. Lucasville Valley is a CLASS ACT in the sportsmanship category.

I , agree with you Ohio teams are not much on sportsmanship . However I will say this just like your experience with Lucasville Valley , Fairview played a team back in 2012 up close to Columbus called Grove City Christian who I have to say we're pure class . There team , coaching staff , & fans/ parents treated Fairview extremely well , but outside of them I haven't seen very much sportsmanship or class in any other Ohio schools
just really hope they focus on the opponent at hand and not look forward to next week vs Paintsville. id say its hard not to think about it. coaches really need to help these players not to get ahead of themselves.
scrappy coco Wrote:just really hope they focus on the opponent at hand and not look forward to next week vs Paintsville. id say its hard not to think about it. coaches really need to help these players not to get ahead of themselves.

That would be my biggest concern as well. Fairview was kind of flying under the radar, no one really knowing just how good they were. Their win over LCA, not just the win, but the way they did it, turned alot of heads. Now, LCA isnt quite as good as many thought, myself included. But thats not bc Fairview beat them, it was based on their seeming regression over the last weeks loss to Walton-Verona. But that could have been a hickup. Regaurdless, Fairview needs to stay focused. Only takes one district loss to throw your post season into a much more difficult road, but I think who ever comes out of our region will have played a district opponent twice. Its all a big mess lol, a good one though. Of course I want my Rams to win the district, region, and that ever so ellusive first state title game and winning of said title. But whoever comes out of our district will have my complete support. You can etch that crap in stone.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:That would be my biggest concern as well. Fairview was kind of flying under the radar, no one really knowing just how good they were. Their win over LCA, not just the win, but the way they did it, turned alot of heads. Now, LCA isnt quite as good as many thought, myself included. But thats not bc Fairview beat them, it was based on their seeming regression over the last weeks loss to Walton-Verona. But that could have been a hickup. Regaurdless, Fairview needs to stay focused. Only takes one district loss to throw your post season into a much more difficult road, but I think who ever comes out of our region will have played a district opponent twice. Its all a big mess lol, a good one though. Of course I want my Rams to win the district, region, and that ever so ellusive first state title game and winning of said title. But whoever comes out of our district will have my complete support. You can etch that crap in stone.
agree 100%
scrappy coco Wrote:agree 100%

Me and Crappy Coo Coo are in agreement, call Aaron Snyder to write this crap down! Man, I have to say, Fred Ray has seemed to have turned the whole program around at Fairview. Not from a wins and losses standpoint, but the team, boosters, and even you westweed posters. Im glad to see that. The real test will be when he loses the tallent he has this year though. Hope everything stays the course its on for the Eagles, not just the football program but the district in general. Imo, a community needs a school they can reat assured that things are being done correctly and all the "I's" are dotted and "T's" are crossed. Seems like things are shaping up. Good luck to the Eagles Friday.

Ps...
With all the warm fuzzy crap I just posted, dont think for a minute that the gloves wont come off when the Raceland/Fairview thread gets started! Till then, TCB across the pond this Friday.
for the record anything I post is based on facts. its just funny everyone is quick to jump on Fairview and say anything they want but when it comes to the mighty rams they and their school and coaches and fans do no wrong:lmao:
From an outsiders perspective coming in to the Fairview schools, I have to honestly say they are great and offer a very good educational experience.
scrappy coco Wrote:for the record anything I post is based on facts. its just funny everyone is quick to jump on Fairview and say anything they want but when it comes to the mighty rams they and their school and coaches and fans do no wrong:lmao:

Here's my opinion, Scrappy, and you and I have squashed alot of our past transgressions lol. But, in my opinion, what you stated was a bit of a potshot, bc it really has nothing to do with the football TEAM, but was in regaurds to a personal matter with one of the coaches. Imo, that statement and the things that have been said in the past regaurding the goings on at Fairview, are in different spectrums. I have no ill feelings toward the comment, doesnt matter. Fairview needs to worry about CG and Raceland about LC. Im sure this years Raceland/Fairview thread will be as epic as ever.
Scotty your a good man. Scrappy gets a little emotional when district play is upon us soon. Probably wasn't the best place to say. But it needed to be said. When a coach or administrative employees of a school use bad judgment it can effect young men. Thats all i was really saying. The truth will come out. But i most definitely like talking about the x's and o's rather than the Tommy's and joe's
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Other than Lucasville Valley, I haven't seen very good sportsmanship from any North of the river team I've seen the past few years. Lucasville Valley is a CLASS ACT in the sportsmanship category.

Lucasville Valley always is a Class Act, plus they got some VERY NICE Facilities. One of the nicest Football Stadiums in Southern Ohio. Valley is a pretty small school, but has some of the nicest facilities I think.