Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caldwell 46 Tilghman 27
My corporate phone's security settings will not let me post mobile on this site so...

Game was much closer than score shows. Just a 7 point margin with 4 minutes to go. I had predicted Tilghman to lose and they did...but it showed me more about Caldwell's defensive weaknesses than i realized.

Tilghman lost QB Jesse Dunigan midway in the second quarter when he fell on his shoulder after running for a first down. Dunigan had pretty much thrown at will against Caldwell in the first half and had 90 yards on 8-10 passing. PT is a much less potent team without him.

Burns threw for about 190 yards but it was the running of Javonte Riley that saved Caldwell. Tilghman did not have answer for his speed. CC RB Dee Cain, who has committed to WKU, left late in the game immobilized on a backboard and also had an impressive night.

Other notes: CC missed at least three extra points. CC has excellent receivers who come back for the ball and can make circus catches. Tilghman sacked and pressured Burns several times. i stopped counting after the 14th penalty called on Tilghman. CC struggled in the 1st half to stop PT's passing and, in the second half, with the Wing T. Again, PT contributed to its demise with 4-5 fumbles, three of which killed key drives and a late pick 6 interception. PT was unable to consistently stop CC defensively due to the speed.

CC deserved to win and congrats but unless they shore up their defense, they will be vulnerable down the road to a team not too much better than Tilghman. As for PT, it's still hobbled by bad luck, mistakes and hothead penalties it can't seem to fix.
Congrats to Caldwell County. PT continues to be Jekyl and Hyde.
The loss of Dunnigan is big. They better hope he gets back soon. He is one of the top qb's we have seen all year.
I think you can flip a coin on who makes it to the semis out of region 1. Elizabethtown, Tilghman, Caldwell County not much difference in the 3. You can throw out Tilghmans 19 point loss to Caldwell if Dunigan comes back. My friend who is the last to give another team credit against his tigers, seemed impressed with Tilghman, and didn't seem so sure if they would have beat Tilghman if Dunigan wouldn't have been on the sidelines for the last 3 quarters.
yeah dunnigan probably would have stopped caldwell from rushing for nearly 300 yards with that inferior offensive line you referred to killbilly.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:yeah dunnigan probably would have stopped caldwell from rushing for nearly 300 yards with that inferior offensive line you referred to killbilly.

Show me where I said anything about either teams offensive line. I bet you wont find anyone to say that Tilghman who put up 14 in the 1st quarter with Dunigan would have been held scoreless in the 2nd, and 3rd quarter with Dunigan still on the field. After he went out they went scoreless for 2 quarters. Whether anyone admits it or not that was a big loss to there offense when he went out. Ive heard many Caldwell fans blame the loss in the playoffs last year on there qb going down, and missing 3 quarters, so I would think its fair to say it didn't help Tilghman in this game either.
one word. cupcakes.
pjdoug Wrote:one word. cupcakes.

Not saying they are or aren't. Im just taking the position these 2 teams are fairly even as it was a 1 score game with 2 minutes left with the losing team without there starting qb. Personally if they play again id be the first to say Caldwell should be favored, but barely. Ive heard mainly on another site that Tilghman should be considered not a threat now, and Caldwell is getting praised and considered taking over as the #4 team because of this "convincing win" Im just saying hold the phone, how could this elevate Caldwell that much in peoples eyes, and make Tilghman fall that much when people where on the edge of there seats till late. If these 2 meet again will be a fight, and well Caldwell is starting to get the reputation of great regular season team that falls short of expectations in the playoffs. Who knows Tilghman could be the new Murray, and get the W next time around.
Dunnigan is no Sindelar, Dunnigan is a good quarterback, who knows what would have happened, Caldwell could have made adjustments or he could have stayed hot, it was a good game and it will be a toss up next time they meet. Everything the fans you work with say isn't the gospel killbilly, sounds like you are losing sleep over this, chill out and enjoy the season man.
Great win for Caldwell.

Dee Cain left early in the 4th with an injury though.

As for PT.... different year.... same ole PT.
missthefield Wrote:Dunnigan is no Sindelar, Dunnigan is a good quarterback, who knows what would have happened, Caldwell could have made adjustments or he could have stayed hot, it was a good game and it will be a toss up next time they meet. Everything the fans you work with say isn't the gospel killbilly, sounds like you are losing sleep over this, chill out and enjoy the season man.

Losing sleep?:biglmao: I suppose I should listen to what 1 fan like you says instead of the 20 I know. By the way who said dunnigan was sindelar? We agree on 1 thing it will be a tossup if they meet again, but who knows Etown is really good to.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Not saying they are or aren't. Im just taking the position these 2 teams are fairly even as it was a 1 score game with 2 minutes left with the losing team without there starting qb. Personally if they play again id be the first to say Caldwell should be favored, but barely. Ive heard mainly on another site that Tilghman should be considered not a threat now, and Caldwell is getting praised and considered taking over as the #4 team because of this "convincing win" Im just saying hold the phone, how could this elevate Caldwell that much in peoples eyes, and make Tilghman fall that much when people where on the edge of there seats till late. If these 2 meet again will be a fight, and well Caldwell is starting to get the reputation of great regular season team that falls short of expectations in the playoffs. Who knows Tilghman could be the new Murray, and get the W next time around.

I saw a team from the east getting the same praise after a convincing win(they pumped a cupcake up ). I seriously, dont know Tilghman's problem ,but they need to do something different.
Caldwell obviously will get the #1 seed in the district and will be in the driver's seat for the region. They may or may not face Tilghman again. Not sure if the kid's shoulder is badly bruised or separated. He had it iced and in a sling. Dunigan is tough and probably the most underrated play action QB prospect in the state. He doesn't have a big line to protect him. When he was in the game, it was even and PT was driving when he got hurt. Such is life.

Everybody gets up to play Tilghman and every team savors beating them. Caldwell's issues are not on offense, but in its secondary and linebackers. But they can put on such an offensive show that their D is overlooked.

It's not a case of what if or what about. It is what it is and Caldwell got a nice win in their 1st year in 3A. They have excellent receivers, blistering speed in their backfield and a soph QB who can air it out on the money.

They can outrun anybody but if they have a weakness, it will come from a someone that runs ball control and controls the time of possession.
My bad Killbilly it was that guru mysonis55 knocking Caldwell's line not you. Where is he at? Strangely silent.

PT is very undisciplined. #81 should have been ejected. He received 3 personal fouls and 2 of them should have been unsportsmanlike. 1 for celebrating and 1 for punching a kid in the helmet after the play. I thought this staff would have cleaned that stuff up. Turnovers also killed PT. It will be interesting to see how things play out. The backup QB for PT did an admirable job filling in. They will be fine for the rest of the season without dunnigan.
#81 has been an issue in previous games and quite frankly I am surprised that Rogers has not been able to get that cleaned up. Rogers was also flagged on that same play and I thought the whole penalty situation got to be a little one sided against Tilghman. I never saw official stats.

As far as Dunigan: he is gonna be out for a few weeks. I thought his backup gave a decent performance and frankly, I could not see much difference in the running game. The passing was ok and will improve.
It's my understanding that this game was playing out just as I said it would until PT lost their qb. The o line is where you exploit Caldwell. The defense also struggles to stop anyone. It was their biggest win of the season. Let's see how it goes the second time around.
It's my understanding that you don't have a clue.
Coming from you, I will take that as a compliment of the highest order.