Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
100.00%
Fleming County
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleming County @ Russell 10/2
Thoughts & Predictions
Devils win
I see Russell continuing on their winning ways. Russell beats Fleming Co. 35-14
Russell by 14
Russell 42
Fleming County 13

:popcorn:
Russell should win this game. I hope we can get through it without anymore injuries.
Russell - 42

Fleming County - 20
Russell 35 to 14
This could be over by halftime, maybe midway of 3rd qtr.
Fleming Co. has some nice talent, but they're mostly young and inexperienced. They could definitely be a team to watch out for in a year or two. This year, however, I don't think they can play with Russell for four quarters.

I look for Russell's offense to continue it's progression this week. McKee's back and looked pretty good throwing the ball against West Carter. He hooked up with Drey Boehm and Ryan Stump against West for TD passes. Russell's two longest pass plays of the season occurred last week. Conley's rushed for 300+ yards and 4 TDs combined the last two games.

Aside from the Ashland game, Russell's D has been pretty stout. I think that will continue this week, although I won't be surprised if Fleming puts up some yards on Russell through the air like they did last year. Then again, the Devils are only giving up about 50yds passing a game.

Russell 42
Fleming Co. 14
Russell by 2 tds
If Fleming can hold onto the ball they could make it interesting. In their 2 losses they turned the ball over 5 times vs Greenup and 6 times versus Rowan. The sad thing was they still had a chance to beat Rowan and missed an extra point with no time on the clock that made it go to OT.
No doubt Russell is the better team, but Fleming can make a game of it if they protect the ball.
thecoacher, is Fleming using a two QB system this year? I noticed that they've got two QBs with similar numbers. I think it was Browning that played the second half last year against Russell after the starter got hurt. If I recall, he played quite well.
samson81 Wrote:thecoacher, is Fleming using a two QB system this year? I noticed that they've got two QBs with similar numbers. I think it was Browning that played the second half last year against Russell after the starter got hurt. If I recall, he played quite well.

Browning was the starter at the first of the season. He got hurt right at half time of their first game. He hasn't seemed to be healthy since then. Josh Crump has played in the last 2 games. He came in to lead the comeback against Rowan (scored 20 points in the last 3 minutes of the game) and then started against Lewis County. Not sure the situation for this week, but Browning did play some receiver against Lewis although he was still limping noticably.
Russell 40

Fleming County 14
Russell 34
Fleming County 7