Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 28 Corbin 14
Final
Congrats to Mayfield.
Mayfield moves into the Mountain Top 10 at #8...
Congratulations to The Cardinals for winning The cream puff Bowl.
Very good game. Mayfield scores 2 4th quarter TDs to break a 14 all tie. Corbin's size in the trenches gave the Cardinals some trouble and it took a great effort by the Cards to come out of the game with the win. A hard fought game that will help both teams down the road..
pjdoug Wrote:Congratulations to The Cardinals for winning The cream puff Bowl.
:yesno:
I give Corbin the style points for this.

Even without Bright Mayfield loses some clout.. Corbin is maybe at best the 8th best team in 3A... and was banged up as well.

If Mayfield wants to hang with DeSales and CAL they should have still one this one without much doubt.

Corbin can build off this and gain confidence
Was this played at a neutral field somewhere in the middle? That is a long way for a game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to the Cards
Jarons Wrote:Was this played at a neutral field somewhere in the middle? That is a long way for a game.

Yes. it was played at Columbia,KY.
They said that Corbin took a fight out of Knoxville to Mayfield.. Return fight home..
Better game than the score indicates....but Mayfield was the better team.
If these teams are cream puffs, what des that make Whitley?
I believe it was played in Columbia at Lindsey Wilson's field.
Bobcat4years Wrote:They said that Corbin took a fight out of Knoxville to Mayfield.. Return fight home..

Nt sure what you are saying/asking....
campbellfield Wrote:Better game than the score indicates....but Mayfield was the better team.
If these teams are cream puffs, what des that make Whitley?

des?? it makes Whitley another cream puff. Whitley has nothing to do with this game :lame::ChairHit:
How many turnovers did each team end up with?
Bobcat4years Wrote:They said that Corbin took a fight out of Knoxville to Mayfield.. Return fight home..

Confusedtare:
*does ..... keyboard battery getting low
Corbin has beat themselves 3 weeks in a row. Danville game was turnovers, past 2 games...missed opportunities.
Hounds are getting better will be a tough out in the playoffs wait-and-see
campbellfield Wrote:Corbin has beat themselves 3 weeks in a row. Danville game was turnovers, past 2 games...missed opportunities.

Confusederiously:

And just when you think the redhound fans have turned the corner and can accept another team being better……...
Leonards_loser Wrote:Confusederiously:

And just when you think the redhound fans have turned the corner and can accept another team being better……...

Why should they accept something that you cant accept? :biglmao:
This score makes me wonder how good Danville will be come playoff time.
Congratulations mayfield on win tonight. Maybe the smallest toughest team in the state. :truestory:
I had a great time. I got to see my buddies from the east and enjoyed their company all game long. Not a knock on Corbin, I do think they played tough. But we self destructed a lot. Our back up RB fumbled twice on drives in Corbin territory. I know it was raining hard but we also uncharateristically dropped a bunch of passes hitting receivers right in the hands. And our kicker missed 2 field goals on the college sized goal posts. We also had a touchdown reception called back for a stupid holding penalty. If we clean those things up we are really tough. But, it's another win. Neither team should worry about this game as they now move to the games that matter. I wish Corbin lots of luck. The qb is as big a threat running as he is throwing. He is big and is a load to tackle.
Corbin and Danville play again I say Corbin wins or it's very tight game. Playing on that field that nite for Corbin just didn't work out well. They pretty even teams
Forgive me if I don't say the sky is falling like EKU, and others. Best RB in 2a out, some fumbles when in scoring range, dropped passes in the rain, missed FG's, and still win ill take it. 5th ranked in 5a according to this site Southwestern only beat this same beat up Corbin team by 4. Danville beat them alittle worse by 20 after 9 fumbles by Corbin. Looking at another comparison, Caldwell didn't beat Tilghman near as handily last night as Mayfield, and Tilghman lost a very good starting Qb in the opening minute of the 2nd quarter. Caldwell was up 7 with 2minutes left, and Mayfield was up big mid 3rd after giving Tilghman 14 on fumbles to start the game. I saw McCracken steamrolled a Davies team that was supposed to give them a descent game. I guess many just don't get impressed with Mayfield unless they win by 40 every game even against ranked teams. Murray does concern me however after beating Russellville pretty bad on the road, and O Cath looks dangerous. Should be some battles coming up in 2a west. Wouldn't surprise me if Mayfield loses next week, but makes a big run in the playoffs.
Tough conditions, too many mistakes and missed opportunities in the red zone. Corbin would be 1,000 times better if they can develop a passing game. They were very physical, a touch slower than the Cards but very physical and they have a heck of a weapon in their punter
jetpilot Wrote:Mayfield moves into the Mountain Top 10 at #8...

Nobody cares about the mountain top 10....except you hillbillies
God bless us hillbillies.