Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holmes 65 Johnson Central 61
final 5/3rd
Congrats Holmes. Keep working hard JC
Congrats Holmes. JC got into a very tough tournament, prolly one of the toughest in the state. Keep workin hard though guys.
Sounds like JC must have played a pretty good game and kept it close. Congrats Holmes...to JC, keep your heads up....take this loss and learn from it.
How did McCarty fair?
Wow! Really surprised that JC stayed with them that close, considering how things have been for JC lately. JC should be very proud of themselves. I don't guess that McCarty played so that would make it even more impressive. Holmes is not necessarily a top team on the state level IMO, but would probably be able to beat most teams in the 15th fairly easily.

Congrats to Holmes and JC on this game!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Wow! Really surprised that JC stayed with them that close, considering how things have been for JC lately. JC should be very proud of themselves. I don't guess that McCarty played so that would make it even more impressive. Holmes is not necessarily a top team on the state level IMO, but would probably be able to beat most teams in the 15th fairly easily.

Sportser Jamie played in that game but did only like 20 some points
Wow, way to hang in there JC...keep it up!
congrats Holmes
-STAT- Wrote:Congrats Holmes. JC got into a very tough tournament, prolly one of the toughest in the state. Keep workin hard though guys.
5/3 is the toughest tourny in KY, including the sweet 16.
i thought McCarty was like the best player in the state, hes not showing it right now. i still think johnson central can win the 15th but not without McCarty.
stroked Wrote:i thought McCarty was like the best player in the state, hes not showing it right now. i still think johnson central can win the 15th but not without McCarty.

Yeah, hes only averaging 40 pts a game. He's been injured the past couple of games so JC hasn't faired well. He played today but you could tell his hand still hurt him. On another note JC has found themselves a very capable big man in Ian Welch, he was unstopable with 19 pts. With McCarty at full speed JC would have won this game by 20.
eaglehoops Wrote:With McCarty at full speed JC would have won this game by 20.

:yikes:
Congrats to Holmes
I would agree that the 5/3 is a great tourney but I do not think it can compare to advancing out of the 11th region to the sweet sixteen. The winner of that region would probably in all likelihood have to beat 3 of the top twenty teams in the state to advance, not counting also playing a top team in the state in the district.... Scott county, Tates Creek, Lex Cath, Henry Clay, Bryan Station, Madison Central, etc... What a tough region.
Congrats Holmes!
eaglehoops Wrote:Yeah, hes only averaging 40 pts a game. He's been injured the past couple of games so JC hasn't faired well. He played today but you could tell his hand still hurt him. On another note JC has found themselves a very capable big man in Ian Welch, he was unstopable with 19 pts.With McCarty at full speed JC would have won this game by 20.

I would say that right now it's in the 24 to 25 point range.

Ian is really coming along very nicely.

Are you aware that Holm's best player Duran Jefferson did not play as well.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Wow! Really surprised that JC stayed with them that close, considering how things have been for JC lately. JC should be very proud of themselves. I don't guess that McCarty played so that would make it even more impressive. Holmes is not necessarily a top team on the state level IMO, but would probably be able to beat most teams in the 15th fairly easily.

11th team in the state to be exact.
rooster Wrote:I would say that right now it's in the 24 to 25 point range.

Ian is really coming along very nicely.

Are you aware that Holm's best player Duran Jefferson did not play as well.

Their best player is Austin Hill.
Quit making excuses.
stroked Wrote:i thought McCarty was like the best player in the state, hes not showing it right now. i still think johnson central can win the 15th but not without McCarty.

McCarty played sparingly. His team needed him too for them to be close to get a win. I was told he played a completely different style of basketball because of his unability to dribble. This shows a complete player. Just wait till he is healthy again. JCHS basketball will be fine. 4-8 doesn't sound good....but half of those games were without McCarty and the eagles stepped up with losing margins about 2 a game.
JCHS will be fine.
congrats holmes
BlacK_ClaW Wrote:McCarty played sparingly. His team needed him too for them to be close to get a win. I was told he played a completely different style of basketball because of his unability to dribble. This shows a complete player. Just wait till he is healthy again. JCHS basketball will be fine. 4-8 doesn't sound good....but half of those games were without McCarty and the eagles stepped up with losing margins about 2 a game.
JCHS will be fine.

2-3 of those games were without McCarty.
Tough loss