Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murray 2a @. Russellville 1a
Since I boneheaded and forgot to put this great one in the top ten, who you got and why. Two top ten teams in 1a and 2a going at it in an intimidating atmosphere.
Murray by 1.
I going with Russellville. It's very hard to win there. The field itself gives the home team several advantages. Very intimidating place to play.
Murray. :poker face:
This should be a great game. Russellville will have the speed advantage, but, not by much and Murray will have the size advantage in the trenches, but, not by much. I think Murray has to be the favorite due to having played the tougher schedule, but, that may be made up by Russellville having the home field advantage. Russellville has been a bit more consistent while Murray has been up and down a little. If the good Murray shows up, I think they'll take it in a close one.. I expect it to be a defensive battle, with the team that makes the fewest mistakes taking it.. Murray 27 Russellville 22..
With these two teams it's definitely going to be a lower score than that. I remember we always struggled to score there.
Since the return of Johnny Drumgole this team just got a lot more dangerous. Russellville by 12.
Neither can beat Mayfield
This will help everyone to understand the true difference in playing Russellville at home or on the road. Since 2011 until last year this team has been one of the toughest teams the Mayfield Cardinals have played. I can testify that it was much tougher when we played them in Russellville than at home though. I broke it down by scores just so everyone can understand the difference. We played them 4 times at home during that time. The average score was Mayfield 36 and Russellville 9. We played them twice in Russellville. The average score there was Mayfield 22 and Russellville 8. Several of those points for us came off flukish stuff. One I remember was a blocked punt at almost halftime that led to a quick td for us. The other was due to a fumble and a backflip which led to quick points for us. When you go there you better strap up.
Murray
Murray hasn't proved anything thus far. I think they will have a tough time at Russellville loosing by 6
I wouldn't be surprised if Murray is playing a little bit of opossum with us. I say that because of how they have done with Caldwell the past 2 years.