• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Belfry 9/18
The CAM will have a little extra energy next Friday night. The Pirates look to start a new streak against the Panthers, while PHS looks for two in row. Who ya got and why?
For all the talk of Mr. Browning having a bright future (on which I agree) I will welcome back Corbett and Willis. Especially Willis as this is his senior year.

Belfry's D will have to be stout in the front 7 and get off the field. Last year Pikeville controlled the LOS on offense. It shocked me and many others. The kids in red and white better come out ready to take away Mr. Pugh. I'm sure some Pikeville fans may disagree, but I think the Panthers are a tad less talented at QB and there is no Mr. Estepp to worry about. I know other Panthers are quality athletes and for a second I am not discounting them. That said I think Belfry can commit to stopping the run a bit more this year than last.

I'll go on record:

Belfry - 35
Pikeville - 21
Honestly think Belfry wins by 28
I honestly hope you are right..:biggrin:
A lot of honestly going on here. Confusednicker:

Belfry 49
Pikeville 14
^^I honestly think you are correct!!
Confusednicker:

Belfry 42
Pikeville 28
PaytoPlay Wrote:For all the talk of Mr. Browning having a bright future (on which I agree) I will welcome back Corbett and Willis. Especially Willis as this is his senior year.

Belfry's D will have to be stout in the front 7 and get off the field. Last year Pikeville controlled the LOS on offense. It shocked me and many others. The kids in red and white better come out ready to take away Mr. Pugh. I'm sure some Pikeville fans may disagree, but I think the Panthers are a tad less talented at QB and there is no Mr. Estepp to worry about. I know other Panthers are quality athletes and for a second I am not discounting them. That said I think Belfry can commit to stopping the run a bit more this year than last.

I'll go on record:

Belfry - 35
Pikeville - 21

I welcome the players back, but the leash is short. I think Willis steps right back in, but I am not so sure about Corbett. It will be an interesting decision for Haywood and his staff. Browning has played solid with only a few errors. I like the Pirates in this one 35-14.
I think Belfry is good, but I don't think they beat Pikeville by as much as some on this thread are predicting. I believe this Pikeville defense is just as good as NCC's but I think their offense may be just a little better if you ask me.

[Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...fry-ky.gif] 35

[Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...lle-ky.gif] 21
I honestly think it sucks ive been kicked off the Mayfield bandwagon by 55. Im taking references for a new team. I honestly like trolling Belfry threads, but think they get revenge on Pikeville, and it gets ugly.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think Belfry is good, but I don't think they beat Pikeville by as much as some on this thread are predicting. I believe this Pikeville defense is just as good as NCC's but I think their offense may be just a little better if you ask me.

Nobody asked you this is my thread to troll.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think Belfry is good, but I don't think they beat Pikeville by as much as some on this thread are predicting. I believe this Pikeville defense is just as good as NCC's but I think their offense may be just a little better if you ask me.

I understand your opinion but respectfully disagree. NCC would handle pikeville and that is just my opinion, and we all know what they say about that. I've seen them both and both have great teams but NCC is a notch above all the way around. Not saying it will have a bearing on the Pikeville Belfry game, it is all in how teams match up and intensity of the game. As far as your score prediction, you may be dead on, but NCC would still handle Pikeville.
Pikeville played an awesome game plan last year and came in with intensity that never stopped. They had more heart and desire than Belfry did the entire game. I said it in thread last year and will say it again. After the first drive even after the fumble return for a touchdown I told my wife Belfry would lose. You could see it in their demeanor on the sideline and on the field, all the fans seen it as though Belfry didnt care and came in thinking that they had the game won before they played. It that happens again Belfry will lose again.
I think Pikeville's defense is not getting enough respect so far.

Those boys can play some D and will keep Pikeville firmly in the game.

The Question is whether Pikeville will be able to show enough offensive balance to attack Belfrys biggest weakness. If it is Pugh left and Pugh right then I like Belfry to pull away
After watching what Paintsville done to Pikeville with a simple Zone read & Kash right/left im afraid pikeville's line is in for a very long night. The Belfry line is big, strong, fast & disciplined on both sides. Coach Mac better figure out how to get Pugh some room in space to run, whether it be screen passes or flare outs or whatever because they will not run with much success on belfry this year. But they will score points. Belfry gets revenge.

Belfry- 46
Pikeville- 21
Stop worrying Pirate fans. Pikevilles jetpilot will crash, and burn then have more excuses. Yall need to quit scheduling twinkies, its going to bite yall when Boyle beats yall by 3 scores. Id bet on it if I didn't already have 1 easterner welch on a bet.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think Pikeville's defense is not getting enough respect so far.

Those boys can play some D and will keep Pikeville firmly in the game.

The Question is whether Pikeville will be able to show enough offensive balance to attack Belfrys biggest weakness. If it is Pugh left and Pugh right then I like Belfry to pull away

I would've agreed with that until I watched them play paintsville in person. Yes they have a fast defense but letting kash win the whole game for them literally by himself scoring all the points. After watching them play paintsville I don't think their defense is good enough or mean enough to stop a complete team like Belfry.
I hope I made that point exactly EKU. Pikeville has an unproven QB and no Estepp this time. Big difference when it comes to stopping Pugh who is legit.
Crossbones Wrote:I understand your opinion but respectfully disagree. NCC would handle pikeville and that is just my opinion, and we all know what they say about that. I've seen them both and both have great teams but NCC is a notch above all the way around. Not saying it will have a bearing on the Pikeville Belfry game, it is all in how teams match up and intensity of the game. As far as your score prediction, you may be dead on, but NCC would still handle Pikeville.

My prediction isn't a knock on Belfry but a compliment to Pikeville. I think people still, even after last season can't get over the whole 1A small team stuff. In my opinion, 1A in the east has been "pound for pound" the best and toughest class for a few years now. With teams like Williamsburg, Pikeville, Paintsville, Hazard, Raceland and Fairview it is very strong. Pikeville may have been lucky last season for all I know, but they did beat you. That is all we have to go on because you have no common opponents to go by yet this season. I do think Pikeville is a little better this season then last especially on defense. Do you think this 2015 Belfry team is at the level they were at this time last season. I predicted a win for Belfry last season as I am this season, but I think this game is close and a Pikeville win wouldn't shock me in the least. I could be wrong and Belfry could win this think going away, but I just don't see it.
^ You are a fair poster man. It will be a good ballgame IMO.
Gator95 Wrote:I would've agreed with that until I watched them play paintsville in person. Yes they have a fast defense but letting kash win the whole game for them literally by himself scoring all the points. After watching them play paintsville I don't think their defense is good enough or mean enough to stop a complete team like Belfry.

I think you may be underestimating Paintsville just a little. Paintsville has a very good team. I also don't think Belfry has a player on their offense who can take over a game quite like the Kash Daniels kid can either. You can disagree if you want, but I think all those D1 schools who were after him know just a little better then me and you both. In my opinion Pikeville had that game won and if they play 10 times I say Pikeville wins 9 but we will never know. Teams just have off nights and make mistakes and overlook people and let off the gas to soon. It happens to every team from time to time.
9/19/14 Pikeville 29 - Belfry 20 case in point
:popcorn:
This is favorite thread of the year. I'm waiting on JP' s arrival. Confusedinglepar
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think you may be underestimating Paintsville just a little. Paintsville has a very good team. I also don't think Belfry has a player on their offense who can take over a game quite like the Kash Daniels kid can either. You can disagree if you want, but I think all those D1 schools who were after him know just a little better then me and you both. In my opinion Pikeville had that game won and if they play 10 times I say Pikeville wins 9 but we will never know. Teams just have off nights and make mistakes and overlook people and let off the gas to soon. It happens to every team from time to time.
9/19/14 Pikeville 29 - Belfry 20 case in point
So you'd say Kash would do the same thing to the Belfry defense? I'd bet my house he wouldn't. But he's a phenomenal player. I agree.
Here is my opinion. Every Belfry fan, player, coach under estimated pikeville last year. Not the case this year. These Belfry players want redemption they will get it. We was surprised by the 6-1 defense last year. And we was without some key players. Not the case this year. What pikeville has that I wish Belfry had is the closeness amongst each other. They play very well together and Belfry still has some " ME" players. But that I believe will get fixed. I look for Corbett to come back and play a good game as I do Willis. So this time next week it's gonna be back to the "you are a bigger school and are suppose to win". Lol.
Gator95 Wrote:So you'd say Kash would do the same thing to the Belfry defense? I'd bet my house he wouldn't. But he's a phenomenal player. I agree.

I think what he's saying is that Belfry has a bunch of good players but not any of the skill guys are game changers.

There's not one guy who is going to be the fastest player on the field at any given time a la David Jones, Matt Maynard, or Keaton Taylor, nor do they have a guy who is gonna bull his way for meaningful YAC yards like Austin Hatfield.

I agree with that, but I like our team. Sure, who wouldn't want a legit 4.4-4.6 guy or two? But the kids on this team are competitors, they're winners and I like our chances against anyone not named Male or Trinity on Friday nights this year.
Gator95 Wrote:So you'd say Kash would do the same thing to the Belfry defense? I'd bet my house he wouldn't. But he's a phenomenal player. I agree.

Different team, different game and different match up. Do I think any defense in the mountains can completely shut him down..............no! Are you saying that Belfry's defense is on another level from Pikevilles? Tit for Tat!
Do-double-gg Wrote:Different team, different game and different match up. Do I think any defense in the mountains can completely shut him down..............no! Are you saying that Belfry's defense is on another level from Pikevilles? Tit for Tat!

Yes Belfrys defense could stop him. How many top players in the state came to belfry and got stopped. Yes I'm saying it. Belfrys Defense is better than Pikeville. I tell you why. Pikeville's D line play scared. They have to cut our offensive linemans legs out from them. To me that chickensh!tt football.
Young Qab for Pville gets exposed, Belfry has size and quickness upfront, Pikeville has quickness, Pugh wont be enough.

Belfry 42
Pikeville 28
Pikeville may have lost estep, but they have filled that void well with Chatlin Jarrell. He's fast. Shifty and has great hands and is threat for a big play every time he touches the ball. Vanderbeck needs to have a big game . And of coarse Pugh does. Key to this game and Pikeville making it a game will be the play of Dials or whoever takes the snaps for Pikeville and the ability of our offensive line protecting the qb and blocking. they got to get a lot of their skill guys involved and soften up the middle for Pugh. . Basically they got to be fired up and make some plays and try derail this train that is Belfry. It's going to be a tough game. Pikeville has the players to compete just have to execute with no mistakes. Can't wait for this one.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:They have to cut our offensive linemans legs out from them. To me that chickensh!tt football.
:lmao:

Good luck to both sides, hope for a clean, injury-free football game.
Pikeville in a rout. They win by at least two touchdowns Smile
  • 1(current)
  • Next