Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley @ Hurley Va. 9/11
Hurley returns their fullback and most of their line from one of the better teams they have had in several years. Shelby Valley is close to be healthy for the first time all year. I am going with SV 28-12
I look for Shelby Valley to come out ready for a dog fight in rebel country. I am going with Shelby Valley 41 Hurley 12
It's very hard to win in virginia for a Kentucky team. Especially at Hurley but I'll go with Shelby Valley 28-21
Shelby Valley 42
Hurley Va 14

:Cheerlead
I watched Hurley play a couple of weeks ago, they only seem to have one weapon. #11 he's a scat back capable of breaking the big play at any moment, his only problem is he's very small in stature and not very durable. I see Shelby Valley taking this one easlily.

SV 48
Hurley 12
Shelby Valley - 36

Hurley, VA - 13
SV by 16
Hurley lost too much from last year. Shelby Valley 35-6
Shelby Valley 35 to 28
As much as I would like to see Hurley beat SV, just don't think we're going to see it this year. SV has a few too many weapons than Hurley.
SV- 38
Hurley- 14
Big Five-0- Wrote:As much as I would like to see Hurley beat SV, just don't think we're going to see it this year. SV has a few too many weapons than Hurley.
SV- 38
Hurley- 14

Hey 5-0, why do you want to see Hurley beat SV?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There will be no quit in the Rebel's but SV win's by 14+.
More Cowbell Wrote:Hey 5-0, why do you want to see Hurley beat SV?

Nothing against SV. Teams in the Co. should support each other. I guess it's for the same reason Shelby Valley 02 wants SC to beat Pikeville. :biggrin:
Big Five-0- Wrote:Nothing against SV. Teams in the Co. should support each other. I guess it's for the same reason Shelby Valley 02 wants SC to beat Pikeville. :biggrin:

Don't know anything about someone else wanting SC to beat Pikeville. I myself do support the other Pike Co. teams.

And honestly, seeing as how they rarely play each other after middle school, SV and Pikeville don't have a football rivalry to speak of. Just thought it was kinda random to be pulling for Hurley, Va over a school 5 miles south of town.

Unless, of course, you have family from Hurley, then it makes perfect sense. For that matter, maybe SV 02 has family from Martin County! :biggrin:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Don't know anything about someone else wanting SC to beat Pikeville. I myself do support the other Pike Co. teams.

And honestly, seeing as how they rarely play each other after middle school, SV and Pikeville don't have a football rivalry to speak of. Just thought it was kinda random to be pulling for Hurley, Va over a school 5 miles south of town.

Unless, of course, you have family from Hurley, then it makes perfect sense. For that matter, maybe SV 02 has family from Martin County! :biggrin:

He could have. Don't know. Then again he might have thought I have family in Hurley. Other than that, then we should support each other in Co. Jmo.
More Cowbell Wrote:Don't know anything about someone else wanting SC to beat Pikeville. I myself do support the other Pike Co. teams.

Nope I have no ties to Martin Co, have never been a big Pikeville fan. I just like to see the underdog pull one out.
As for the game, I'm trying to understand where all these predictions of a SV blowout are coming from. Hurley is 2-0 on the year, with margins of 36-20 and a 32-6 in those two games.

Admittedly, I don't know anything about Hurley's team this year, but last year SV only won by 4 points, and it was played at Robinson Creek. Can Hurley really have lost that much to see them getting stomped on their own field?

I'll say SV wins in a tight one, 28-20.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:Nope I have no ties to Martin Co, have never been a big Pikeville fan. I just like to see the underdog pull one out.

Nothing wrong with pulling for the underdog. Appreciate your honesty though.
Shelby Valley should take this one pretty easily.
Any time you travel to Hurley, its a tough trip. That road is unforgiving and the Rebel Faithful will be out giving rebel yell's at the top of their lungs.
Valley by as much as they want.
Watched Hirley a little today on film. They big up front, have a very good back that has good size, QB is very solid and they also have a kid with very good speed. This will be a better game than people think.
Valley -38
Hurley -14
SV- 30
Hurley- 24
Valley
SV by whatever they want. With their fastest back playing I expect him to score 4-5 touchdowns on his own. I think he got 3 last game and averaged about 23 yds. Per carry.