Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 54 Highlands 28
not looking good for the bluebirds so far this yr..
Scott County with two huge wins in back to back weeks.
Maybe Johnson Central wishes the Blue Birds was still in 4A. This could have been the year.
I know Highlands is down a little but even a down Highlands is good enough to beat most. I think this shows that Pulaski is better then people think if you ask me.
Game not nearly as close as score would indicate. Game was never in doubt. Highlands simply isn't the highlands of old. Outmuscled at every position tonight. In the words of CCR...I see a bad moon arising.....I see trouble on the way
Game was 40-0 at half and JV played the entire 2nd half for Scott. They dominated from opening kickoff. Highlands is in for a long year. Great job Scott County, knocking off the 2014 5A and 4A state champs in back to back weeks.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Game not nearly as close as score would indicate. Game was never in doubt. Highlands simply isn't the highlands of old. Outmuscled at every position tonight. In the words of CCR...I see a bad moon arising.....I see trouble on the way

Natives are getting restless for sure as they experience how the other half lives
Can anybody beat Scott County outside of the Louisville teams?
E's Army Wrote:Can anybody beat Scott County outside of the Louisville teams?

Simon Kenton is the only non-Louisville team I would give a chance

No team outside of 6A could beat them IMHO.
Simon Kenton, Trinity, X and Scott County are separating themselves from the rest of the state.
E's Army Wrote:Simon Kenton, Trinity, X and Scott County are separating themselves from the rest of the state.

Dont forget Male...

To me Male and Trinity are next level
Highlands is a little down this year compared to Highlands standards. They will be tough moving forward.
With BG getting blown out by St X and this lack luster performance from Highlands, it would be hard not to see PC as the clear favorite right now in 5A.
To be fair, could Pulaski play with St. Xavier or Scott County?
Real Badman Wrote:To be fair, could Pulaski play with St. Xavier or Scott County?

Pulaski lost to Scott County at Scott County 53-31 last week.

So, depends on what you call "play with".

However, with the other teams in 5A all hitting the self-destruct buttons at the same time, Pulaski may LEGIT be the best team in the 5A this year, instead of getting the once in a lifetime free pass they got last year courtesy of Graves County. (Which, to their credit, they took advantage of, so fair enough there.)
Scott County with another impressive victory again this week. Congrats to them.
FTH down but anyone would trade their past for the blue birds Scott and Trinity might be interesting.
Scott Co might could give Southwestern a game. Great win.
Real Badman Wrote:To be fair, could Pulaski play with St. Xavier or Scott County?

Well we already know the answer to one of those.

Pulaskis offense was good enough to beat Scott County.

There defense just wasn't quick enough. That game was one or two plays away in the second half from being a 45-39 game instead of of 53-31 game.

St. X could be better than Scott County, but if they are, it isn't by much.
Real Badman Wrote:Highlands is a little down this year compared to Highlands standards. They will be tough moving forward.

A LITTLE DOWN?!

When was the last time they lost to a NKY school? 2006? When was the last time they lost to a school in Northern Kentucky not named CovCath? NEVER?!
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
hardcore1 Wrote:Game was 40-0 at half and JV played the entire 2nd half for Scott. They dominated from opening kickoff. Highlands is in for a long year. Great job Scott County, knocking off the 2014 5A and 4A state champs in back to back weeks.

Can they beat the 6 A champs?:biggrin:
jim rome Wrote:Scott Co might could give Southwestern a game. Great win.

Scott County would hammer Southwestern if they played like they did tonight.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Natives are getting restless for sure as they experience how the other half lives

Highlansds fans are fine! we saw this coming, just do not have a lot of good athletes in the school at this time. It was a great run they had and every school has a down year, even the Highlands, Trinity's ect. Believe me, HHS fans know how special that run was, and we will continue to support this team and teams to come. THey will not stay down so HHS haters get it in now will you can.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:With BG getting blown out by St X and this lack luster performance from Highlands, it would be hard not to see PC as the clear favorite right now in 5A.

Till you remember Owensboro is 5A, undefeated and ranked ahead of PC in most polls. Then the words "clear favorite" makes one chuckle.
Just got done watching Scott County vs. PC and Scott County vs. Highlands on the computer and the Guy kid for Scott County is Mr. Football. If he stays healthy he is hands down the best player in the state.
BFritz Wrote:A LITTLE DOWN?!

When was the last time they lost to a NKY school? 2006? When was the last time they lost to a school in Northern Kentucky not named CovCath? NEVER?!

Um it would actually be Ryle, oh and Cooper.
pjdoug Wrote:Scott County would hammer Southwestern if they played like they did tonight.

get with the program or:gtfo:
BFritz Wrote:A LITTLE DOWN?!

Ryle - 2010
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
Who is the best looking coach in Northern Ky. just curious.:yum: