Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 36 Belfry 0 (JV)
Expected it to be a closer game. Good game for freshman RB Joe Jackson.
THOMCAT Wrote:Expected it to be a closer game. Good game for freshman RB Joe Jackson.
Do you expect Jackson to see much varsity action this season? I saw that he had 50+ yards and two touchdowns on only two carries against Fairland. Does he have the size, strength, and speed to be a factor this season or is he JC's feature back of the future?
WoW!!!!!!!!!!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Do you expect Jackson to see much varsity action this season? I saw that he had 50+ yards and two touchdowns on only two carries against Fairland. Does he have the size, strength, and speed to be a factor this season or is he JC's feature back of the future?

Varsity action this season? YES
Size? YES
Strength? YES
Speed? YES
Feature back of the future? YES
THOMCAT Wrote:Varsity action this season? YES
Size? YES
Strength? YES
Speed? YES
Thanks. That is good news. I understand that he was also a middle school state wrestling champ. I remember another Johnson Central wrestling champ who had a pretty good football career a few years ago. :Thumbs:
This young JV team must be pretty good.
Joe Jackson, was he #12 last year for JCMS? I know the rest of the backfield wears blue now lol
Does this say more about the young kids at JC or the young kids at Belfry? Is JC that good or is Belfry coming back to earth a little?
samson81 Wrote:Does this say more about the young kids at JC or the young kids at Belfry? Is JC that good or is Belfry coming back to earth a little?

Depends. I know Belfry starts a sophomore at LB and was the leading rusher Friday, a sophomore at corner. A freshman is the first LB off the bench. So it depends who played. JC has a little more upper class experience and numbers so young guys aren't as likely to be playing JV.
Belfry had only a few sophomores who played the rest were true freshman some freshman and sophomores play for varsity so due to the 8 quarter rule they will not play anyone esp if they have chance at varsity play on Friday !! Belfry didn't even have their freshman qb tonight ..because my understanding he will be playing fridaynight against Harlan !
Ballmom25 Wrote:Belfry had only a few sophomores who played the rest were true freshman some freshman and sophomores play for varsity so due to the 8 quarter rule they will not play anyone esp if they have chance at varsity play on Friday !! Belfry didn't even have their freshman qb tonight ..because my understanding he will be playing fridaynight against Harlan !

Hmm interesting. Playing as in we are anticipating a blow out, or playing as in Corbett didn't do so hot last weekend? Lol
Belfry0304 Wrote:Hmm interesting. Playing as in we are anticipating a blow out, or playing as in Corbett didn't do so hot last weekend? Lol
Not playing as in suspended and he is not the only one.
bucslover68 Wrote:Not playing as in suspended and he is not the only one.

Discipline issue is not what this team needs.
This will be my only post on the matter and I encourage everyone to follow suit.

The rumors are true and Belfry will be without two starting Offensive players for Friday's game and maybe longer. The length of suspension is Coach Haywood's discretion.

I will not name names, though one name is easy to figure out. I also will not respond in PM with names so no need to ask... you will know who the second is Friday and I am sure some may already have a suspicion.

For the sake of sharing info here is what I can provide:
The two players are suspended for a violation of team policy. The offense to be honest is something that most would find to be quite harmless, and truth be told is something that if this happened at most other schools in the State we would never even hear of a suspension. With that said, we all know Coach Haywood values teaching the Game of Life as an equal to the game of football... probably even values it much higher... so Haywood is using this as a lesson to teach leadership and decision making away from the field.

For the two suspended players I am sure they are well aware that they made an innocent mistake and this suspension will definitely hit home if I were to guess. You simply have to realize that decisions you make as a 17 or 18 year old kid have different magnitudes when you are a key starter for a program like Belfry.

Belfry will be fine and as long as the players receive the lesson Haywood is teaching them they will be fine too and return to the field as better people.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Thanks. That is good news. I understand that he was also a middle school state wrestling champ. I remember another Johnson Central wrestling champ who had a pretty good football career a few years ago. :Thumbs:

Correct. And he placed 6th as an 8th grader in the High School state meet at 160 lbs.

JJ Jude... Joe Jackson. What are the odds of the same middle school and high school having two wrestling champions/running backs and having their First & Last names begin with J.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
THOMCAT Wrote:Varsity action this season? YES
Size? YES
Strength? YES
Speed? YES

Overrated? YES
jim rome Wrote:Overrated? YES
It was just one game, Jim. Southwestern may bounce back.
jim rome Wrote:Overrated? YES

Just like Southwestern!