Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Somerset Back ?
With Scott County's beatdown of PC, and SW losing to a team, in which Somerset would be favored by 2 scores against, does this mean Somerset is the best team in Pulaski County once again? With the addition of Doon, I believe one would have to think so.
As Much as I like Somerset and the Coaching Staff. The answer to your Question is No, No Way. Pulaski and Southwestern both are better than the Jumpers and they should be. Jumpers will hold their own against most Schools their class but you are talking about 2 of the better 5A programs in he State.
This will be a better question next week after Somerset plays Beechwood. If Somerset were to beat Beechwood I think this could be a serious conversation, but until then I still think they are the 3rd best team in Pulaski County.
Bucwheat Wrote:With Scott County's beatdown of PC, and SW losing to a team, in which Somerset would be favored by 2 scores against, does this mean Somerset is the best team in Pulaski County once again? With the addition of Doon, I believe one would have to think so.
No.
No.
No. Pulaski lost to a top 5 team in the state. And I doubt very seriously that Somerset would be a two score favorite to Bourbon County.
Not there yet.
Uhhhhh No!
No
Yes and No. Back to playing good football. Best in County NO !!!
Not right now. But I'm also not sure somerset would be a 2 td favorite over Bourbon county either.
Beechwood will tell a lot. Don't think so but beat Beechwood you can argue. Still don't think so though.
Nope
Wait wait wait. Did he just say that Somerset would be a two touchdown favorite over Bourbon County? That's just delusional, brother.
Somerset is much improved. They don't have the number of athletes they had a couple of years ago. Kids play hard and they have good coaches but not the sheer athletes. Like their team but just don't think they have quite got back to that level.
No.
BeReal Wrote:Wait wait wait. Did he just say that Somerset would be a two touchdown favorite over Bourbon County? That's just delusional, brother.

If you've followed his posts at all you'd know he's just trolling the Pulaski and Southwestern fans.

I don't think any Somerset fan that knows anything about football thinks that the Jumpers are the best team in Pulaski County. They're improved but I think the Beechwood game will give us a better idea of how competitive that they will be in the district and region.
Walt Longmire Wrote:If you've followed his posts at all you'd know he's just trolling the Pulaski and Southwestern fans.

I don't think any Somerset fan that knows anything about football thinks that the Jumpers are the best team in Pulaski County. They're improved but I think the Beechwood game will give us a better idea of how competitive that they will be in the district and region.

Let me tell you something dough boy, I'm not trolling anything. I ask a simple question. I happen to like Somerset's young bunch. They have an above average quarterback the best running back in the county and possibly the best receiving duo in the county. Let them upset Beechwood and I'll bet there is a lot more people thinking what I'm thinking. If you don't like what I'm posting quit following my posts. Now in honor of the great Jim Rome :gtfo:
The people in Pulaski County sure have a lot to look forward to this season, with all three schools having solid football teams. Pulaski and Southwestern will both be competing for a chance to go to Bowling Green and bring home a championship. On the other hand, Somerset has improved drastically from last year, and they will be making some noise in 2A. If I had to pick an overall best team, of course it would be Pulaski County. People can't put too much emphasis on the game against Scott County, due to it being early in the season, and Scott County is the defending 6A state champions. If I am not mistaken, didn't Pulaski lose two games late in the season last year to Southwestern and Bowling Green, only to win out and bring home a championship. The loss to Scott County will only make this team better, just like Southwestern losing to Bourbon County. Somerset in my opinion hasn't been tested yet, and the Beechwood game will determine how much the Jumpers have improved.
The two teams the Jumpers have beaten are a total of 0-4. They aren't very good.

Somerset appears better than last year but I would reserve the thought until they play a good team.
Cat Daddy Wrote:The people in Pulaski County sure have a lot to look forward to this season, with all three schools having solid football teams. Pulaski and Southwestern will both be competing for a chance to go to Bowling Green and bring home a championship. On the other hand, Somerset has improved drastically from last year, and they will be making some noise in 2A. If I had to pick an overall best team, of course it would be Pulaski County. People can't put too much emphasis on the game against Scott County, due to it being early in the season, and Scott County is the defending 6A state champions. If I am not mistaken, didn't Pulaski lose two games late in the season last year to Southwestern and Bowling Green, only to win out and bring home a championship. The loss to Scott County will only make this team better, just like Southwestern losing to Bourbon County. Somerset in my opinion hasn't been tested yet, and the Beechwood game will determine how much the Jumpers have improved.

Trinity is the defending 6a champs.
Bucwheat Wrote:With Scott County's beatdown of PC, and SW losing to a team, in which Somerset would be favored by 2 scores against, does this mean Somerset is the best team in Pulaski County once again? With the addition of Doon, I believe one would have to think so.
just because you have the right to get married does not mean you have the right to post this foolishness. So you can:gtfo:
ColtPride Wrote:Trinity is the defending 6a champs.

You're right. Scott County won the state championship in 2013.
Somerset is 3rd in the county of Pulaski. Mason is a far down as they ever been, Williamsburg is back to were they were 10 years ago. Beechwood is not as strong as they have been so you really dont know but better than Pulaski or Southwestern no way. Pulaski may put a running clock on them if they played and Southwestern 2 TDS better than Somerset. Sorry
With regards to the best in Pulaski County argument, the question people are failing to ask is does it even matter? Somerset doesn't play Pulaski or Southwestern nor are they in the same class. Is Somerset the best team in the county? No. Are they second best? No. Do they have a shot at making some noise in 2A? Time will tell.
RoShamBo Wrote:With regards to the best in Pulaski County argument, the question people are failing to ask is does it even matter? Somerset doesn't play Pulaski or Southwestern nor are they in the same class. Is Somerset the best team in the county? No. Are they second best? No. Do they have a shot at making some noise in 2A? Time will tell.

Well put. The BEST teams' adversary is always the same. It's the guy in the mirror.
Somerset is a year away from having this conversation but we will never know because politics reared its ugly head in that town and will deny the chance for those teams to settle anything with the Jumpers on the football field. Another example of adults ruining things for the kids.
Frozen Tundra Wrote:Somerset is a year away from having this conversation but we will never know because politics reared its ugly head in that town and will deny the chance for those teams to settle anything with the Jumpers on the football field. Another example of adults ruining things for the kids.

It has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with Somerset. Pulaski and Southwestern have always said they would play Somerset on a home-and-home basis. In fact they are begging for it. The only one stopping this from happening is Somerset.
Santa Monica Wrote:It has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with Somerset. Pulaski and Southwestern have always said they would play Somerset on a home-and-home basis. In fact they are begging for it. The only one stopping this from happening is Somerset.

This fight again? Somerset pulled out of the Don Marshall Bowl, Pulaski and SW pulled out of the RCB in retaliation. Venue size alone it makes sense to play at Somerset, and ALL THREE TEAMS MADE A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY in the RCB. Saying that it has everything to do with Somerset is a farce. Why would Somerset want to play a program that wants nothing more than to squeeze them out of business. Somerset owes the county schools absolutely nothing, and vice versa. They can be good independently of each other, and often are. Begging to play a home and home with a 2a program is classic Pulaski, not so much SW, I won't lump them into that mess honestly.
Santa Monica Wrote:It has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with Somerset. Pulaski and Southwestern have always said they would play Somerset on a home-and-home basis. In fact they are begging for it. The only one stopping this from happening is Somerset.

You probably need to revise you statement, PC maybe be begging to play Somerset but I assure you South Western couldn't care less if they ever played Somerset again. There is nothing to gain by beating Somerset. It's fine to play down 1 class, but being an ex-football coach I would never play down 2 classes. If you're 5A and get beat by2 or 3A it's on your teams resume the rest of the season.