Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 45 - Harrison County 35
Cumberland Valley Bowl. The Mcwhorter brothers, from North Laurel came to play tonight. They were a force to be reckoned with in this game, they were all over the field. MVP's S. Nelson - offense - C. Mcwhorter - defense. Harrison County, is a good team, North Laurel is just better. Good game Jags. :Clap:
Harrison County is a better team than their record indicates. They had a top notch QB in Jenkins & Williams WR & DB is a good solid player. North Laurel's Soph. QB is the total package, he is fun to watch. Nelson RB, tuff to fault. North's Sr. FB McWhorter, is one of the most solid players both ways I can remember in awhile. Like I said before North is loaded with RB's & Receivers. Young Sophomores on this team are going to be hard core. North's line, we liked a lot. Good game North!!
I am surprised North gave up this many points. Congrats to Jags.
I dont know why you people keep trying to pump Harrison County up, They are NOT a good team. looks like North Laurel's defense has a lot of work to do.
Last couple of years Harrison County has had good athletes but were a bad team.
Harrison should have won the game imo. Glad north did win. I love watching that bunch play but truth is Harrison co kept biting themselves in foot with penalties all nite. Several drives Harrison should have scored but either penalties and or turnover killed them inside the 10. North looked tired all nite. Idk what it was. Some sick or just out of shape.
Harrison County was good at the end of the last century,but not since.
pjdoug Wrote:Harrison County was good at the end of the last century,but not since.

Have you seen them?

I watched this one last night. North looked tired for good reason. Harrsion was tough to defend. They spread you and have a couple of nice athletes (one real nice #11) they get the ball to in space. Qb has some nice wheels and can extend the play without his oline dominating.

If I hadn't have been there I would have thought the same thing you did.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Have you seen them?

I watched this one last night. North looked tired for good reason. Harrsion was tough to defend. They spread you and have a couple of nice athletes (one real nice #11) they get the ball to in space. Qb has some nice wheels and can extend the play without his oline dominating.

If I hadn't have been there I would have thought the same thing you did.

I've watched The Thorobreds play several times,and the best thing in Cynthiana is Post-It Notes.. You just described Whitley County:biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:I've watched The Thorobreds play several times,and the best thing in Cynthiana is Post-It Notes.. You just described Whitley County:biggrin:

I don't know when you saw Harrison County play but last night they were a respectable team. Not a push over team at all. Several skilled players on this team. You go in to a game with them thinking you are not going to have to put out, (from their record) from what we saw last night you are beat. That 5:30 game & heat on both teams took a toll....lots of heat fatigue & cramps both ways. Kid hurt bad from Harrison Country - he left in an ambulance.
pjdoug Wrote:I've watched The Thorobreds play several times,and the best thing in Cynthiana is Post-It Notes.. You just described Whitley County:biggrin:

This was week 1. So you haven't seen them play this year I gather. They have not been good but this season they will pose a problem to a team not focused or ill prepared.

I'm no North fan, so I have no motive in building up Harrison.
North looking good, should have easy game next week at West if they come to play.
First of all do remember the young man from Harrison Co in your prayers. Word was he had a back injury last year and speculation was he had reinjured it. Congrats to the Jags on their victory! Harrison has some very good skill kids. Their QB looks a lot like Woods at Whitley, good arm and moves around well. Plus their receivers & RB are all good. Jags O-line looked good again last night and the Nelson / McWhorter show is fun to watch! Some very timely defensive plays by the Jags sealed the deal. Got some work to do though before district play gets started. Go Jags!!
Congratulations North Laurel against a very good Harrison County team. I watched Harrison County play in 2013 at Williamsburg and they was a very young team then. :worthy:
ky playmaker Wrote:Harrison should have won the game imo. Glad north did win. I love watching that bunch play but truth is Harrison co kept biting themselves in foot with penalties all nite. Several drives Harrison should have scored but either penalties and or turnover killed them inside the 10. North looked tired all nite. Idk what it was. Some sick or just out of shape.

One thing I noticed: North had quite a few players going both ways - that will take the sap out of the strongest kid, especially in that heat! Absolutely hate those late afternoon games like that they are pure torture for everyone involved. :devilflam:devilflam:devilflam
Cardfan1 Wrote:This was week 1. So you haven't seen them play this year I gather. They have not been good but this season they will pose a problem to a team not focused or ill prepared.

I'm no North fan, so I have no motive in building up Harrison.

You have got be honest, I always give a team their just rewards too. No matter who they are or who they are playing. Glad others are able to do that as well. Just started following North a couple of years ago due to location change myself.
Does NL seem to be on the same level as SW or Pulaski? They got a pretty easy schedule this year..
North could scare either team if they are not ready and prepared. North woukd have to throw the ball some against those two teams. I don't think they could just line up and run ball every play like first two games
Ninja Wrote:Does NL seem to be on the same level as SW or Pulaski? They got a pretty easy schedule this year..

I just don't see them being close to either SW or Pulaski. A good team for this area but those two teams are ahead of where North is at.
Just looking at the roster of Harrison and seeing their players in person, I was left wondering why they hadn't be more successful. I've seen a lot of physically good looking pieces who I feel like any coach in the state would be willing and happy to welcome in.

I've seen a lot of people on here who are willing to think that coaching wins more games than players, but I've seen a lot of physically gifted teams with average-at-best coaching have a whole whole lot of success.
walterwhite Wrote:I just don't see them being close to either SW or Pulaski. A good team for this area but those two teams are ahead of where North is at.

Who knows? Different year different players. During the season last yr. SW only beat North 2 pts. I really don't think you could gage that until later in the season. See how all of these teams keep doing each game.
Blitzer Wrote:I don't know when you saw Harrison County play but last night they were a respectable team. Not a push over team at all. Several skilled players on this team. You go in to a game with them thinking you are not going to have to put out, (from their record) from what we saw last night you are beat. That 5:30 game & heat on both teams took a toll....lots of heat fatigue & cramps both ways. Kid hurt bad from Harrison Country - he left in an ambulance.

I always hate to see an injury. I hope the kid is ok.
Just some Monday morning ramblings about this game: In looking back over some highlights of this game, still thinking the biggest factor for both teams to over come was the heat, it was just working a number on these guys. Heard from friends in Harrison County, that the boy injured will probably not be back, reinjured like someone mentioned from a back injury, going to be OK, just going to take awhile, & a lot of rehab.
Blitzer Wrote:Who knows? Different year different players. During the season last yr. SW only beat North 2 pts. I really don't think you could gage that until later in the season. See how all of these teams keep doing each game.

You can check this out, but I believe SW only beat North last year by 1 pt and Pulaski County beat them by 2 (regular season)! :welcome:
Harrison Co is much improved....and will make some noise in district play.
Glad to hear he will be ok!!!
ky playmaker Wrote:Harrison should have won the game imo. Glad north did win. I love watching that bunch play but truth is Harrison co kept biting themselves in foot with penalties all nite. Several drives Harrison should have scored but either penalties and or turnover killed them inside the 10. North looked tired all nite. Idk what it was. Some sick or just out of shape.

In looking back over some footage a friend had from Saturday night, those 3 interceptions by North (Nelson & McWhorter Brothers) had, were huge in the outcome of this game. North's O'line gets better every week, there are some kids playing those spots that are improving from week to week, really easy to pick up on that. They are really coming on strong in several areas. I'm like you: I love watching this bunch of kids play, they always seem to be up and I know their coach has to be inspired the way they encourage each other & look out for one another. Several were talking about that Saturday at the game - lots of camaraderie with this team from all appearance! :football:
Harrison has some really talented skill players. They could have folded down 14 and turning the ball over on an interception. Fought back. Could have tied it up if not for amazing goal line interception by Nelson. Solid win for the Jags!!
Briscoe Wrote:Harrison has some really talented skill players. They could have folded down 14 and turning the ball over on an interception. Fought back. Could have tied it up if not for amazing goal line interception by Nelson. Solid win for the Jags!!

Yes they did. A lot of people said they were the best team for their record they had seen in awhile. North probably has the best group of Sophomores coming on in the area. Seniors at North this year are hard core, setting a good example for their younger players.