Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Cathloic vs. Johnson Central 9/4
Who wins :argue:
It's never good to play a team like Lexington Catholic at home.... but coming off a loss last week LC could be out to make a statement.

However, I see JC getting the W.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
If LC is all healthy. Don't see JC beating them. LC gave Ryle an early Christmas present as they should of won that game. LC was very impressive if they can stop the penalties
Catholic, BIG!
Im going with JC.
Lex Cath by 14
Going to say 21 to 14 Johnson central
But the eagle are young on offense line so could be long night
I don't know how good JC is with their running game early this season, but I did tune into a bit of the Ryle game. Lex Cath looked athletic but smallish on defense. Ryle was pounding the rock in the 4th quarter. Should be a good matchup for JCs offense. That said LC will test JC mightily with their spread and sometimes 5 wide attack.

Can't pick a winner but I'll be very interested in the outcome.
JC by 1 td
With JC's usual schedule, we do not find out what they really have until the deeper in the playoffs. This will be a fun and interesting game to get a chance early in the year to get to see JC play a good team and really see what they are going to have this year. I like LC's spread attack against JC in a close game.
Lexington Catholic 28-14
LC by 3. Good to see Johnson Central playing a big game early in their schedule. It will let them know where they are at and make them better in November.
Lex cath
I hope I'm wrong, but I'll take Lex Cath.
JC wins. Where is this game played at?
T-CATS Wrote:JC wins. Where is this game played at?

The game is in Lexington .could be The Knights in a rout.
Lexington Catholic 35
Johnson Central 17

Bus ride too much for JC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Lex Cath is usually a passing team and this year doesn't seem to be any different. This will be all about which team can establish their game. If Johnson Central can pull off their usual 3-4 yard a carry running offense, they will win. If Lex Cath can stall JC's ground game while making some good throws, they will win.

This is a good series for both teams. Lex Cath couldn't have found a better team to prepare them should they meet Belfry in the playoffs, and JC will benefit from playing a team with an advanced passing game.

Best wishes for a healthy game, and I certainly would love to see Johnson Central pull this out!
pjdoug Wrote:The game is in Lexington .could be The Knights in a rout.
:lmao:
Johnson Central is usually full of the Eastern Kentucky hype at this time of year. But now are playing a quality opponent early. This will look like their usual playoff result, a loss. Lex Cath by 14.
This should be a great game. im going with the mountain team in a nail bitter 28-27
This should be one of JC's best defensive teams ever. Nearly the entire defense returns for the team that limited Covington Catholic to 122 yards passing last season in the playoffs.

The Knights were very weak against the run last season and Johnson Central's pass defense was very solid last season.

If Johnson Central wins the battle of turnovers, the Golden Eagles will roll to a win. JC will not face a better passing offense this season and a solid win over Lexington Catholic will bode well for the Golden Eagles' playoff prospects.
I got to pick Johnson Central on this thread not so sure about my pick'em Confusednicker:
Lexington Catholic
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I already love this series.... and we have never played each other.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
JC by 7.
I'm pulling for Central in this one. I will never pick a team West of 75 over a mountain team. I don't think the LC coaching staff has seen a run game like Johnson Central has in years if ever.
Lexington Catholic.
Historically speaking, I've seen quite a few games that Lex Cath has played mountain schools, and they always turn out the same. Lex Cath gets pushed around all over the field, out physicalled and totally lopsided in terms of time of possession. Only to see them make a big defensive play when they had to, and not get a first down all night other than 3 big plays they took to the house.....which was enough to win.
LexCath by 21