Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon Kenton 52 Bryan Station 35
Dillon Powell with 286 yards 3 tds rushing, Racke with 1 td, Hampton with 2 tds and LB Markie Rider with a interception return for a TD!
Simon Kenton 52, Bryan Station 35:A week after pitching a shutout in a 49-0 season-opening victory over Knox Central, the Defenders failed to solve Simon Kenton's offense in their home debut, allowing the Pioneers to gain 557 total yards.

Most of the damage was done by senior workhorse Dillon Powell, who rushed 40 times for 286 yards and three TDs.

Two Defenders topped the century mark through the air in the losing effort for Station. Senior Rafael Few hauled in ten catches for 110 yards and a score, while fellow senior Devon Key grabbed six receptions for 100 yards and another TD.

Key added two rushing scores as well, the second of which pulled the Defenders to within three points at 38-35 with 2:55 left in the game. But Powell's final TD and a 42-yard pick-six by junior linebacker Markie Rider sealed the win for the Pioneers.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2015/08/28/40096...rylink=cpy
Very impressive for SK.

For years I know people have hassled UK1Fan over his homer post of SK, but if there was ever a year he is going to have fun, I believe its this year.
I haven't looked at the alignment of the 6A playoffs this year and who plays who (if they still rotate regions or districts) but if SK stays away from Trinity, I think they will meet Scott County or Trinity one.
Racke had 17 carries 128 yards 1 td.
SK had 73 carries 502 rushing yards 6 rushing tds!
Bryan Station should beat Cooper this week.
Wow SK sounds like the real deal.
UK1fan Wrote:Simon Kenton 52, Bryan Station 35:A week after pitching a shutout in a 49-0 season-opening victory over Knox Central, the Defenders failed to solve Simon Kenton's offense in their home debut, allowing the Pioneers to gain 557 total yards.

Most of the damage was done by senior workhorse Dillon Powell, who rushed 40 times for 286 yards and three TDs.

Two Defenders topped the century mark through the air in the losing effort for Station. Senior Rafael Few hauled in ten catches for 110 yards and a score, while fellow senior Devon Key grabbed six receptions for 100 yards and another TD.

Key added two rushing scores as well, the second of which pulled the Defenders to within three points at 38-35 with 2:55 left in the game. But Powell's final TD and a 42-yard pick-six by junior linebacker Markie Rider sealed the win for the Pioneers.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2015/08/28/40096...rylink=cpy
Congratulations to Simon Kenton, and this shows Bryan Station ain't as good as they were hyped up to be. They got pounded by The Pioneers just like i said they would Smile
Station has always had a ton of great athletes but poor coaching. Question for those who have seen them play this year, has coaching gotten any better?
[quote=sstack]Station has always had a ton of great athletes but poor coaching. Question for those who have seen them play this year, has coaching gotten any better?[/QUOTE
My sources said there staff was pretty solid.
Good win for the Pioneers on the road. Hard to beat a team that can run the ball like that.
Station going all the way!
insideinfo Wrote:[quote=sstack]Station has always had a ton of great athletes but poor coaching. Question for those who have seen them play this year, has coaching gotten any better?[/QUOTE
My sources said there staff was pretty solid.

bull butter
Station never did anything to try and stop SK from running.