Poll: Who ya got??
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
97.22%
Tates Creek
2.78%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tates Creek at Belfry
Big red rolls over Tates creek 56-7
Score is determined by the mistakes that belfry needs to fix from previous scrimmages. The timing will eventually be there. If it's there by Friday night belfry by 4 tds. If not belfry in a close one. Let's get this season going.
Watched the first couple offensive series for Tate's Creek. Looks like they have some big athletic receivers. They get the ball out quick too. Belfry probably won't match up as good as Scott Co. I can see Tates Creek hitting some big plays and scoring some points.

We should march on offense.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Watched the first couple offensive series for Tate's Creek. Looks like they have some big athletic receivers. They get the ball out quick too. Belfry probably won't match up as good as Scott Co. I can see Tates Creek hitting some big plays and scoring some points.

We should march on offense.
TATES CREEK OFFENSE
-The Beerman kid is very good at WR. 6'4 and ball skills. Belfry's corners have a tough matchup with him. Tates Creek's best offense is to go downfield to him.

- The other receivers are not in the same class as Beerman but run crisp routes.

-The QB showed flashes of brilliance. Not the strongest arm but threw some absolutely beautiful deeper passes and some perfect slants. Also took Tates Creek off the field by completely missing some shorter stuff or trying to scramble for very little.

-Tates Creek's run game was non-existent. It's basically as if the staff abandoned the thought of running between tackles. Their run game is dumping flare patterns and trying to make a play outside.

- OLine play is spotty. Belfry could very easily get pressure on the QB but I am a bit afraid they will only rush three and drop everyone.

TATES CREEK DEFENSE
- I actually think Belfry will have some issues that Scott County didn't. Tates Creek has big boys up front that take up space and has two very good LB's. Scott County killed them with misdirection and Tates Creek "over-penetrated". Scott County's yardage came in chunks and the biggest runs came when two Coomodore defenders were deeper in the backfield than the actual handoff. Scott County did a great job of using their elite speed to bounce runs outside when Tates Creek was too agressive.

- The LB's I mentioned are fast, aggressive, and don't miss tackles when they get on you. Belfry has to get their linemen to the 2nd level to be successful. I don't see Belfry being as successful outside as Scott County and if Belfry compacts the offense the lanes may not be there.

- With that said, as long as Belfry is protecting the football I think they will constantly be moving forward and that Tates Creek's big Linemen will wear down. If they can sustain success getting 4 or 5 yards up the middle there will be big play opportunities with mis-direction and the pass.

TATES CREEK SPECIAL TEAMS
- Solid kick returners who seldom got chances. Scott County was hardly ever punting and most of their kickoffs were Touchbacks. They have speed though, so Belfry needs to be ready.

- Belfry has struggled with longsnapping...but Tates Creek had the worst punt longsnapping I have seen in a while. Twice they couldn't even get the punt off because of snaps. Two other times it was actually so bad it was good. Bad snap and Scott County went for the block and missed and got penalties.

- Kickoff and Punt Return are inconclusive. Not enough body of work.

OVERALL:
- Tates Creek was better than I expected from a skill standpoint and from a defense standpoint surprisingly. Scott County was simply a bad matchup for them and whatever momentum they gained they squandered with Punt Disasters and giving up the big play.
- The key to Belfry is not to let Beerman hurt them with 25-30+ yard catches going over top of corners.... they also have to defend the flare well. Those are Tates Creek's two primary forms of offense.
- If Belfry fumbles they lose. I don't think Tates Creek can sustain enough drives to score enough points to beat Belfry..but if Belfry hands them short fields where all it takes is one jump ball to Beerman then this could get scary. I don't see Belfry running wild and free for 30 yard chunks like Scott County, but I think Belfry can brutalize the Commodores and grind them into submission until a couple of big plays open up... once again though..if you fumble all that is for naught

Best case:
35-7 Belfry, No turnovers in their own territory...give up a lone big play for a score

Worst Case:
28-20 Tates Creek, Fumbles and Beerman puts on a show. Tates Creek turns a flare into a long TD or two.
I don't know how Belfry will be on offense being the 1st game of the season but I know they bring their defense 24/7 all year long. Belfry should win this pretty comfortably.34-13.
I'll be surprised if Tates Creek scores more than a TD...
Any idea if WYMT or any one else might stream this game live? I know they have the last few years.
I wonder if Coach Haywood takes away the read on the option. The cause for those came from the QB being late on the read, plain and simple.

That shouldn't happen after a year of being a QB in the system.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Any idea if WYMT or any one else might stream this game live? I know they have the last few years.

From what I have seen WYMT plans to stream all four games of the PCB

Also do not forget ekbtv.com as a resource this season.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:From what I have seen WYMT plans to stream all four games of the PCB

Also do not forget ekbtv.com as a resource this season.

I had heard in the past that Belfry administration doesn't like to stream games due to its impact on ticket sales. Which I understand I just knew that WYMT usually carries the PCB since they sponsor it.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Who becomes Belfry's primary offensive threat. No doubt it will be backfield by committee... but when it is 3rd and 4 who does Haywood trust to get that 4 yards.

It is all about the huge offensive line at belfry, the past few year belfry's skilled position players have not been any better than the skill position players that their opponents have had. That is why belfry had trouble with pikeville last year and johnson central the last few years. When a team can match belfry's size and depth on the offensive and defensive line they can play with belfry, there are just not many 3a teams that can match that size. That being said, behind that line Haywood could run it his self and get 3 or 4 yards 80 percent of the time!

I see belfy with their 3rd stright 3a state title, great program, great coach!
Anyone want to take a stab at Fridays starting lineups?
Long night for Tate's Creek. The Red Army rolls big in this one and Tates Creek gets introduced to football in eastern kentucky, an introduction they won't soon forget. Pirates make em walk the plank.
Belfry: 41

Creek: 8
42-6, The "real creekers" show TC what Pond Creek is all about.
Don't get me wrong, I like the predictions, but the margins are pretty bold for the first game of the season. Yes, Belfry is returning a lot of talent. But some key positions graduated last year, especially on the offensive side. It seems the fumble bug was around in some scrimmages. That will get better, but too many will easily affect the game.
I'd take a W, and a big margin would be nice. But I'd be happy with consistent improvement throughout the season.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Anyone want to take a stab at Fridays starting lineups?

My stab:
DEFENSE
NG Bentley
DT Horton
DT Dove
DE Hall
DE Dotson

LB Wellman
LB Sanger

CB Willis
CB Varney
S Catron
S Adkins

OFFENSE
QB Corbett
FB Fletcher
HB Willis
HB Catron

SE Woolum
TE Bentley

T Scott
G Gibbs
C Preece
G Wolford
T Dotson
EKUAlum05 Wrote:My stab:
DEFENSE
NG Bentley
DT Horton
DT Dove
DE Hall
DE Dotson

LB Wellman
LB Sanger

CB Willis
CB Varney
S Catron
S Adkins

OFFENSE
QB Corbett
FB Fletcher
HB Willis
HB Catron

SE Woolum
TE Bentley

T Scott
G Gibbs
C Preece
G Wolford
T Dotson

Defense is right. The offense off a little
T Dotson
G Scott
C Preece
G Whitt
T Gibbs
And fullback is a toss up between wellman and fletcher.
This will be the EKBTV game of the Week.

For those that want to watch the live stream but listen to Bobby Norman and Steve Mickey instead of WYMT you can do so online at http://www.ekbtv.com

For those like me who are out of the state let me give you an awesome tip.

Buy a Google Chromecast (Around 39.99 at Target or Wal-Mart).

Download the FREE chomecast extension on your laptop or desktop and use Google Chrome as your web browser.

EKBTV uses livestream and livestream is compatible for streaming on the Chromecast.

Now I can have the game streaming on my big screen television with Audio while freeing up my laptop for surfing the web and checking scores.