Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 57 Harlan County 0
I'm surprised no one had this posted
Looks like Southwestern is for real. Cong: to Larry and His Staff. Good Luck on another great year.
Believe it was 56-0. I didn't get back to London until 1:00 am, so we're just now getting up and still not had my coffee. Game was never really in doubt, Harlan played tough on D, but were totally beaten in about every other phase of the game.
Holy smokes. Hopefully Harlan County won't let this bad start destroy their fighting spirit. Hopes seemed high after the scrimmage.
The Warriors have a lot to be proud of mainly the defense and special teams. The defense pitched a shut out, not letting the Bears have a 1st down, in the 1st half unless it was by penalty. Harlan was struggling against the Warrior D all night, going 0-6 through the air in the 1st half. Not much better on the ground as they were held to negative yards also in 1st half, I believe is what the announcer said.
The Warriors looked good on special teams as freshmen JP Vaught, has 100 yards in returns, and a TD the first time he touches the ball in the 1st half. The Bears started kicking away from Vaught, but Gover takes over and nearly takes to the house. Still plenty for the Warriors to work on, O Line was spotty at times and came out flat to start 2nd half. Bears try to make a run but coaches go bezerk and the Warriors snuff out the Bear drive with a fumble return for a TD by Chuck Burton. Game over after that.
Good luck to the Bears the rest of the way.
Can't blame the running game and Coach Larkey for this one.
Knew coach French would have his warriors ready for this one. Congrats!
I was a little surprise by the score but not the outcome congratulations to southwestern. And good luck this season Harlan county. Confusedinglepar
I went to sleep with my laptop in my lap (hence the name) and my cell phone in my hand! LOL Just got my coffee down, too.

Congratulations Southwestern on your impressive victory! Pretty sure you guys could make some noise in post season...maybe even at Bowling Green. Didn't sound like HC had a chance to breath last night. I sure hope they take this as a learning experience, and go forward.

Special thank you to Warrior Grandpa, who provided wonderfully detailed updates and scores along the way. Sorry I tapped out on you Grandpa, but I am not cut out for a 1:00 a.m. ball game! Confusednicker:

I love my Black Bears!!

Again congratulations to the mighty Warriors.
SW is going to pound a bunch of people this year.
Like most a surprised by the score. Give black bears some time I think they will be alright.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
SW is going to be a force this season. As for the bears they will get better, disappointed but not surprised by this game. Everyone knew what SW had returning.
Was hoping Bears could at least be a little competitive. On to Clay Co. Gotta have this one
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth....
I told everyone this game would be a blowout, South Western did the same thing to Garred County in the scrimmage. I did like some things Harlan County was trying to do, but until they get good at the spread offense they are going to lose several games by a bunch of points. By running the spread you get several more offensive possessions but so does the other team. I don't know what the state record is for fewest points allowed in a regular season is but South Western will likely set it this year. They are that good defensively. My top 5 in 5A are #1 South Western #2 Bowling Green #3 Owensboro #4 Highlands #5 Pulaski.
Pulaski will beat you like a dusty rug.
Highlands is not that good at all
I am afraid it is going to be a long year for the Black Bears.
I thought it would be a little closer, but Southwestern is the real deal. Harlan County will get better with time in the new system.
jim rome Wrote:I told everyone this game would be a blowout, South Western did the same thing to Garred County in the scrimmage. I did like some things Harlan County was trying to do, but until they get good at the spread offense they are going to lose several games by a bunch of points. By running the spread you get several more offensive possessions but so does the other team. I don't know what the state record is for fewest points allowed in a regular season is but South Western will likely set it this year. They are that good defensively. My top 5 in 5A are #1 South Western #2 Bowling Green #3 Owensboro #4 Highlands #5 Pulaski.

Which state is Garred County in? never heard of it.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Pulaski will beat you like a dusty rug.

:biglmao:
Everybody else in Region 4 besides Pulaski and SW might as well go ahead and quit this year. Barring massive injuries, nobody else is going to come close.
I still say SWHS is a year away they are still very young team. They have some quality opponents on schedule, Harlan Co. wasn't one of them this year.
After this weekend I think it's safe to say two of the top 3 teams in 5A are in Pulaski County. Throw in Bowling Green wherever you see fit.
Demarcus ware Wrote:SW is going to be a force this season. As for the bears they will get better, disappointed but not surprised by this game. Everyone knew what SW had returning.

You mean that Southwestern didn't just fall down when Harlan County threw the ball? I figured you all had it all figured out.
johnnyd Wrote:You mean that Southwestern didn't just fall down when Harlan County threw the ball? I figured you all had it all figured out.

:lame:
May be a long learning process for Harlan. 15 total yards of offense on the night, SW worked with a short field most of the night. Harlan will get better (imho) after learning the spread a little better. Everyone want bring the defense like SW did on this night.
Hey johnnyd..I do have it all figured out dumbass. Like i said before.the season even started, it's going to take time in this system with a new head coach, and won't be any easier with one of the hardest schedules around. Now stick your head back up larkeys ass and :gtfo:
^^
Calm down.

jim rome Wrote:I told everyone this game would be a blowout, South Western did the same thing to Garred County in the scrimmage. I did like some things Harlan County was trying to do, but until they get good at the spread offense they are going to lose several games by a bunch of points. By running the spread you get several more offensive possessions but so does the other team. I don't know what the state record is for fewest points allowed in a regular season is but South Western will likely set it this year. They are that good defensively. My top 5 in 5A are #1 South Western #2 Bowling Green #3 Owensboro #4 Highlands #5 Pulaski.

I wouldn't be surprised if Southwestern made it to Bowling Green this year.

Paul Crewe Wrote:Pulaski will beat you like a dusty rug.

Either team winning wouldn't surprise me.

Paul Crewe Wrote:Highlands is not that good at all

Now THIS surprised me! Cooper didn't just beat Highlands, they did it decisively.

Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I am afraid it is going to be a long year for the Black Bears.

Yep. We are very young but these kids work hard, and they will learn and get better.

pjdoug Wrote:Which state is Garred County in? never heard of it.

jimrome spells phonetically.
Confusednicker:

RoShamBo Wrote:After this weekend I think it's safe to say two of the top 3 teams in 5A are in Pulaski County. Throw in Bowling Green wherever you see fit.

The only place to throw Bowling Green in, will be the place that they will play at season's end!

Warrior Grandpa Wrote:May be a long learning process for Harlan. 15 total yards of offense on the night, SW worked with a short field most of the night. Harlan will get better (imho) after learning the spread a little better. Everyone want bring the defense like SW did on this night.

I didn't see this game, but from your updates it sounded like SW was literally smothering HC. We will get better. Brand new head coach, brand new offense...and more than half of this team are sophomores or younger.
^^ I am calm Confusednicker: