Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 35 Whitley County 14
It sounded like Corbin got off to slow start. I remember hearing the score was 14-14 for a long time it seemed.
mysonis55 Wrote:It sounded like Corbin got off to slow start. I remember hearing the score was 14-14 for a long time it seemed.

Mysonis55 it was never 14-14 at one time it was 21-0 Corbin. Confusednicker: you guys stay healtly because Corbin is coming. :popcorn:
OldJacket Wrote:Congrats to the Hounds...Very impressed with Corbins line play and young QB, Whitley was just over powered up front...As E said it seemed the Hounds had the ball the entire game....Luke Woods kept this one from being ugly, congrats to him...I only see one or two losses for the the Hounds coming, things look good in redhound land....

Corbin keeping the ball away from the Whitley offense was huge. Did Corbin even punt? Whitley's lack of numbers will hurt them this year, their defense seemed gassed by the 4th quarter and had no answer for the Redhound running game.
E's Army Wrote:Corbin did a great job keeping Woods off the field by controlling the clock. Woods played well. The first interception was off the receivers hands not a bad pass. The last was a matter of a receiver not making a play on the ball but letting the Dback take it away. Woods will lead Whitley to a bunch of wins this year. Sizemore made two huge plays when Whitley closed the game to 21-14. He had a big run for a first down and then the perfect throw for the touchdown on 4th an goal from the 14. He is a kid who will make big time plays at big time moments.

That TD pass on 4th and 14 may have been the biggest play of the game. What I really liked was that Sizemore threw it before the WR broke open, which tells me that he and his receivers are starting to trust and are getting more comfortable with each other, which bodes well down the road. If he and Moore don't hook up there, all of the momentum swings Whitley's way and it may have been a nail biter to the end.
Big boys up front controlled this game. Corbin had the perfect game plan.
panther nation Wrote:Make sure you get it right Knox Central not Knott Central! !! Guess your still feeling the effects of last night game can keep you teams straight..lol

Knox County.Knott County same thing lol.seriously I did get confused on that one.I know you're a Knox fanConfusednicker:
Someone messed up then. I was kind of shocked when I heard the score was 14-14.
64, we hope they are coming. We sure intend to be there waiting.
E's Army Wrote:Big boys up front controlled this game. Corbin had the perfect game plan.

I admit they were great at it we got stomped pretty bad as much as it pains me to say it
mysonis55 Wrote:Someone messed up then. I was kind of shocked when I heard the score was 14-14.

It was 21 to 14 in the middle of the 3rd until Corbin scored on a 4th and goal from about 15 yards out. That took the air out of Whitley. Ad SEKY said had Whitley got that stop it may have changed the game.
Corbins secondary played well. That int in the 4th qtr when it was 28-14 took the wind out of whitleys sail allowing the redhounds to score on the turnover.
cherokee Wrote::haters:

Who we gonna hate???? Whitley, Letcher, Williamsburg, Corbin!!!!?? Who next year!!!
footballfever Wrote:Who we gonna hate???? Whitley, Letcher, Williamsburg, Corbin!!!!?? Who next year!!!

If I were you I would just HATE being a loser.
After the beat down that your favorite teams had last night I'm surprised that you would be dumb enough to try to talk football on this site.
#4 Old 01-21-2015, 09:06 PM
2nd String
Liked 478 Times in 297 Posts
footballfever is on a distinguished road

1. FTH
2. BG
3. Pulaski
4. SW
5. Whitley

Dang this guy is a genius:hilarious:
under_armour Wrote:Corbins secondary played well. That int in the 4th qtr when it was 28-14 took the wind out of whitleys sail allowing the redhounds to score on the turnover.
The Whitley receiver did a poor job on that throw, he made absolutely no effort to make a play on that ball...Heads up play by the Corbin D -back, it was a big play at that point in the game...
OldJacket Wrote:The Whitley receiver did a poor job on that throw, he made absolutely no effort to make a play on that ball...Heads up play by the Corbin D -back, it was a big play at that point in the game...

From where you and I were standing in that area it definitely seemed like it the receiver didn't even raise his hands and hit the Corbin DB right in the chest.
That play where Corbin scored on that 4th and goal with that TD pass, I looked up right after he threw and all I seen was Whitley's DB laying on the ground. Must have got juked out of his shoes. Easy catch and throw.
If Whitley could have played the game with 3 downs they had a shot. Corbin made big plays over and over on 4th down. Whitley will get on the winning track this week.
cherokee Wrote:#4 Old 01-21-2015, 09:06 PM
2nd String
Liked 478 Times in 297 Posts
footballfever is on a distinguished road

1. FTH
2. BG
3. Pulaski
4. SW
5. Whitley

Dang this guy is a genius:hilarious:

The only person you impress with your stupidity on here is yourself.if anybody else laughs at your posts its because you act like a little spoiled brat. Corbin will be glad to see you gone in the future. .
OldJacket Wrote:The Whitley receiver did a poor job on that throw, he made absolutely no effort to make a play on that ball...Heads up play by the Corbin D -back, it was a big play at that point in the game...

You got that right,it looked like he made no attempt to get the ball,but Whitley County was simply outmanned in this game and ran out of gas.They are a good young team that will bounce back.
Cherokee = Little Man Syndrome
HardToBeat Wrote:Cherokee = Little Man Syndrome

Who's your daddy:hilarious: