Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia, Where Did You Go????
[Image:

]

Heard Cordia is considering archery and axe throwing this year instead of basketball. Any truth to this? The district will remain at 4 schools this year with my Pats having an easy road to the region. How much longer is Cordia going to be on lockdown? We sure have fun beating them.

More mash taters please!
BufordTJustice isn't going to sit back long and take this crap from you fatpatfan. LOL
They have a basketball team.
They had one last year.

I guess the Pats didn't notice that when making schedules.
zaga_fan Wrote:They have a basketball team.
They had one last year.

I guess the Pats didn't notice that when making schedules.

[Image:

]

We typically stay away from rec league. Thanks for the heads up.

More mash taters please!
They are considering having an archery team this year what is wrong with that lots of schools have them I think they are also talking about golf and a fishing team. And also an elementary football. In case you are wondering yes their basketball team is alive and well. This years team if everything lines up just right this could be the best team they have ever had and according to what Julian Tackett told them at their rules meeting in June he told them to request a meeting before the BOC and they have done everything that has been asked of them. There is a chance to be reinstated. Will it happen I don't know but the cordia seniors are going to speak before the BOC. If cordia gets reinstated it will be slow riding and sad singing for fatpatfan. Let's just put out a hypothetical out there. Cordia gets reinstated to play. Everybody's schedules are made including cordia. No one in the district will play them cordia goes into the district as the number 5 seed. I guarantee people will be throwing game not wanting that number 1 seed. It could get interesting. I can't wait for the season to start. Good luck.
I was told Cordia has 2 kids that are freshmen that both are D1 players. They play Ballard at Ballard this year and played them last year, I dont see any more 14th region teams playing them and was told the Lions would be by far the best team in the All A state wide and will be playing in it.
I was told cordia will get to compete in the 14th All A this year and will get to add more game to there schedules. Hope this is true. Confusedinglepar
Was told the Lotts Creek School was having financial problems. Any truth to this? Seem to remember there being a GoFundMe page a few weeks ago.
The lotts creek community school has always been in financial woes over the last 80 years they rely on donations. Some may want you to believe they are broke but they are in good shape that is how they get by. Cordia has a full slate of teams this year on the schedule and yes they are in the all a they play buckhorn in the opening round. There is an issue with their gym getting fixed. The ins company is not wanting to pay and they are in a bit of a feud. If it is not fixed in time I am hearing they will play the home games at knott co central. If there is a conflict they will play at the old hindman gym there is also a possibility if there is a conflict at both they may have the option to play at the old Carr creek highschool gym if it is ready. There is not a single cupcake on Cordia's schedule. They play Ballard home and away ,male,Lexington catholic ,Madison central,they are in a showcase at south warren, one at Lexington christan, one at Pulaski co southwestern. They play Pulaski southwestern at home. They are also in the 5th 3rd bank classic at Lexington catholic. They are also supposed to play a tournament at Sheldon Clark. They do have a kid that played last year he was a sophomore is a junior his name is Anthony Nelson he has an offical offer from middle Tennessee state. Also has an offer from UNC Asheville and lipscomb. The university of Illinois head coach called him Tuesday and said he wanted to start the recruiting process. He is the real deal.
Maybe Cordia can get some financial support from the United Nations...
I seen everybody in the region play this summer and cordia is heads and shoulders above every other team in the region. It's not even close
With the players that keep transferring in to cordia. They should be heads and shoulders above ever team in the region. Has Cordia pay the fine that khsaa place on them?
I saw Cordia lose a game at Hazard in June. I thought Perry, Knott and Hazard were better.
You didn't see cordia loose a game this summer. You say them lose a half of basketball. The first game they played they played a half against Harlan county. Harlan was ahead at the half then they played. Pike co central then they played Powell county then hazard. All of which the beat by double figures. They beat hazard 26 points. And did not even have a full crew. Now I know you will say hazard did not have a full crew either but all they were missing was smith and wells. You can argue the new kid hazard has is the best player they have. So it evens out. I know what you are trying to do,you are just trying to start an argument. Knott looks like a middle school team with the exception of Caudill. He is good. Perry did look better than I thought they look better without Beverly than with him. Cordia is the only team that has a legit D1 player (Nelson) that gives them the edge right off the bat. Nobody in the 14th can guard him. Very few if any in the state can. You never know knott and perry both are in the 5th 3rd bank classic they may meet up.
Buford T Justice Wrote:The lotts creek community school has always been in financial woes over the last 80 years they rely on donations. Some may want you to believe they are broke but they are in good shape that is how they get by. Cordia has a full slate of teams this year on the schedule and yes they are in the all a they play buckhorn in the opening round. There is an issue with their gym getting fixed. The ins company is not wanting to pay and they are in a bit of a feud. If it is not fixed in time I am hearing they will play the home games at knott co central. If there is a conflict they will play at the old hindman gym there is also a possibility if there is a conflict at both they may have the option to play at the old Carr creek highschool gym if it is ready. There is not a single cupcake on Cordia's schedule. They play Ballard home and away ,male,Lexington catholic ,Madison central,they are in a showcase at south warren, one at Lexington christan, one at Pulaski co southwestern. They play Pulaski southwestern at home. They are also in the 5th 3rd bank classic at Lexington catholic. They are also supposed to play a tournament at Sheldon Clark. They do have a kid that

played last year he was a sophomore is a junior his name is Anthony Nelson he has an offical offer from middle Tennessee state. Also has an offer from UNC Asheville and lipscomb. The university of Illinois head coach called him Tuesday and said he wanted to start the recruiting process. He is the real deal.

Buford T Justice if you want a closer game I think I can hooked you up with south laurel pm me. Let's get it on, Let's make it happen. Scouts will be in laurel county a lot this year. :popcorn:
I refereed most of those games at hazard and watched all of them and nobody came close to them. The closest team to them in the 14th region is perry
Buford T Justice Wrote:You didn't see cordia loose a game this summer. You say them lose a half of basketball. The first game they played they played a half against Harlan county. Harlan was ahead at the half then they played.

I found my notes. Harlan County won 60-51 from what I wrote down. HCHS had played two other scrimmages before that one and didn't look too good against Perry Central, but they played better later in the week and lost to Perry Central in sudden death.
I thought Perry was the best team in the 14th with Buckhorn just ahead of Knott for second. I didn't see Letcher, but I heard they were very competitive.
It seems they played two 20-minute halfs in each scrimmage with a running clock, but I can't swear they played that long against Cordia.
HCS Wrote:I found my notes. Harlan County won 60-51 from what I wrote down. HCHS had played two other scrimmages before that one and didn't look too good against Perry Central, but they played better later in the week and lost to Perry Central in sudden death.
I thought Perry was the best team in the 14th with Buckhorn just ahead of Knott for second. I didn't see Letcher, but I heard they were very competitive.
It seems they played two 20-minute halfs in each scrimmage with a running clock, but I can't swear they played that long against Cordia.

Dang it HCS stating facts to Buford and hitter is uncalled for!!! They do not comprehend!!!
hitter Wrote:I refereed most of those games at hazard and watched all of them and nobody came close to them. The closest team to them in the 14th region is perry

:pondering:
They did play two twenty minute halfs but reset the score at halftime. Harlan county won the first half but lost the second half but the overall score was that cordia beat them. For the teams that are eligible to play in the post season I agree with what you said
Buford T Justice Wrote:They are considering having an archery team this year what is wrong with that lots of schools have them I think they are also talking about golf and a fishing team. And also an elementary football. In case you are wondering yes their basketball team is alive and well. This years team if everything lines up just right this could be the best team they have ever had and according to what Julian Tackett told them at their rules meeting in June he told them to request a meeting before the BOC and they have done everything that has been asked of them. There is a chance to be reinstated. Will it happen I don't know but the cordia seniors are going to speak before the BOC. If cordia gets reinstated it will be slow riding and sad singing for fatpatfan. Let's just put out a hypothetical out there. Cordia gets reinstated to play. Everybody's schedules are made including cordia. No one in the district will play them cordia goes into the district as the number 5 seed. I guarantee people will be throwing game not wanting that number 1 seed. It could get interesting. I can't wait for the season to start. Good luck.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/prk7k.jpg] With Caudill,Combs,the Wonder Twins,the Flying Shrum,and Superman Jones the Pats are flying faster than Fatpat on his tater rocket! More mashed taters please!!!
Hey 64sur cordia just put south laurel and Doss on the schedule today. Just an FYI looks like it worked out. Thanks
Cordia went all over the world to find players and forgot about the ones in their back yards. They use to about the ones from the local areas that wasn't considered good enough but yet they still won to let's find players to win no matter where they are from.
By the way I hope cordia wins every game they play.
Buford T Justice Wrote:Hey 64sur cordia just put south laurel and Doss on the schedule today. Just an FYI looks like it worked out. Thanks

Thank you. :Cheerlead
hitter Wrote:They did play two twenty minute halfs but reset the score at halftime. Harlan county won the first half but lost the second half but the overall score was that cordia beat them. For the teams that are eligible to play in the post season I agree with what you said

What was the overall score then?
I'm sure your guess is better than what was actually published.
Do you figure I made up mine or was in the wrong gym?
^
Confusednicker:
Not sure it matters either way does it?
Fatpatfan isn't your butt still sore from getting bounced first round of sweet 16 by a team that PCC probably could have handled?
I think SW beat knott and put a beat down on pcc so both overrated a little.
All I said was Perry and Knott were two of the top teams in the 14th Region.
The fact that Southwestern beat them doesn't change that. Southwestern is very good. If they were in the 14th, I'd pick them first.