Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slone at Pike Central
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:[QUOTE=Mohawk]

Recruiting players is just wrong in so many ways...QUOTE]

sounds like some one was pointing fingers to me

And yet Butcher's name wasn't mentioned; was it?
How many players has Pike Central had transfer to their school in Basketball and Football that started their career at other schools????????
Hawksfan Wrote:In my opinion the fact that she is a transfer does not matter! If she goes out and out performs these other girls in practice and games, then she deserves the playing time! The game is played to be won, so if Slone gives PC a better chance of winning then she should be playing. To all the other girls who have been there longer, go to practice and work twice as hard as her, prove that you want and deserve the playing time. I'm sure Coach Butcher will recognize your hard work and reward you with PT, if he thinks it give's the team the best shot to win!!
Now as far as Slone leaving the team and going to another school next year, well that is next year, worry about that next year! Right now she is part of your team, so use it to the team's advantage for this year! Obviously she must have some talent, or else we wouldn't be discussing this right now, so just find where she fits in the puzzle and use her for all she is worth this season and let next year be next year!!!

great post and couldnt agree more
Tricky Wrote:How many players has Pike Central had transfer to their school in Basketball and Football that started their career at other schools????????

Slone the two girls from Pikeville for basketball...

football about 3 or 4...

but see tricky you are trying to make statements as to where you are pointing fingers...while in all acuality you are saying Pike Central recruits just in a beating around the bush way...I have been around Pike Central sports for years and years now and trust me if anyone would know about recruiting up at that school it would be me...i can adjust you assured that 2 years ago one player not on girls basketball or football was being begged to come play but im not going to throw out any names...but with the Hamilton girl she had always wanted to play for Pike Central it just took her some time to convince her parents...the other girl i do not know her that well but id say when Hamilton transfered or vise versa that is why the other jumped on the bandwagon as well...With AD she is so unpredictable its hard to tell where she will be from year to year...but enough about this...lets just watch the season play out and if she leaves after the season then she leave if not well then she will help the team out tremendously...
Anyone and everyone can see that Slone is extremly happy at Pike Central. Sure, she and Lowe were "rivals" when she played at Phelps, but that was only on the court. As any player should know, you have NO friends out on that court. But off the floor, Lowe and Slone were close. Today, they still are. And its not just those two. Slone is a close friend to most if not all of the girl players at PC. I'm pretty positive she's going to stay at PC until she graduates.

As for her playing time... I agree with there being many posts at PC, (Lowe, Penningtion, Robinson, Williams, Fields, ect.) and they've all worked hard wether it be in season play, or during the summer... HOWEVER, don't you agree that if one out-works another at practice, or during a game that their playing time will be increased? Some say that they'd be mad if they were Slone, because she isn't getting to play like she did at Phelps. I think she understands why she doesn't and I also believe others should try to realize that too: She just got here folks! Don't you think that it'd be hard just for a coach to stick a player out on the court, not knowing any plays, where to go on offense/defense, ect. ? She's practicing, and working hard at that! That way, as most have probably noticed, her playing time will be and has been gradually, being increased.

Lastly, as for her transfering... No one can really rant and rave on this subject about Slone. So she was a little "iffy" on where she wanted to really play? If you remember, last year, Slone's sister, Sam, played for Phelps. I don't know about most, but I would feel a little awkward playing agaisnt my sister... I'd rather play with her. So thats why I think Slone transfered the first time.
--But Slone decided to do what SHE wanted most this year and go to PC. This is where she'll stay, I'm sure.
STAFF NOTE:The word recruiting does not need to be mentioned again in this thread.
sorry for all this fox sports...

and i couldnt agree for 15th region fan...i talked to her last night at the boys game as to where i was sitting next to her and she said that she has not been happier and that her mother was one of the main reason she left last season also if im not mistaking it states in the KHSAA rules that if a sibling of yours is playing ball some where else and if ur living with the same parent you must play ball at the same school...But good luck to her and the Hawks...oh yeah by the way they beat east carter today in convincing fasion
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:sorry for all this fox sports...

and i couldnt agree for 15th region fan...i talked to her last night at the boys game as to where i was sitting next to her and she said that she has not been happier and that her mother was one of the main reason she left last season also if im not mistaking it states in the KHSAA rules that if a sibling of yours is playing ball some where else and if ur living with the same parent you must play ball at the same school...But good luck to her and the Hawks...oh yeah by the way they beat east carter today in convincing fasion

Oh... Well thanks for clarifying that for me. But still... I do think I'm right when I say that shes very happy now and that she'll be staying at Pike Central.

Slone got some good minutes in today for PC at the East Carter game by the way. She did pretty dag on good too from what my sources say.

Good luck, Slone.
yeahi agree that shes happy...and i thinks she will be staying as well she sure tlaked highly of butcher and the team...

and thats good to hear thanks for that info
Central was well noticed today in the ashland kitten shootout...they played nice ball and i heard about 5 or 6 other coaches asking butcher how the heck the lady hawks lost 6 games ....part of this had to do with the rotation of lowe and slone so we had alot of energy in the post wore the east carter gurls out.....slone and lowe big advantage in the paint
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:Central was well noticed today in the ashland kitten shootout...they played nice ball and i heard about 5 or 6 other coaches asking butcher how the heck the lady hawks lost 6 games ....part of this had to do with the rotation of lowe and slone so we had alot of energy in the post wore the east carter gurls out.....slone and lowe big advantage in the paint

THAT and not to mention having Haley Ratliff, Holly Harris, and Hannah Thompson at the gaurds. Its a good question to ask who beat PC.
15th.Region.Fan Wrote:THAT and not to mention having Haley Ratliff, Holly Harris, and Hannah Thompson at the gaurds. Its a good question to ask who beat PC.
i can name 6 off the top of my head
Looks like it worked-out pretty well for all involved.
So in 2007, do all 3 transferred girls get to play? They all have great talent and I know will take the team far. Hopefully as far as we went last year!!

Good luck Hawks!
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:So in 2007, do all 3 transferred girls get to play? They all have great talent and I know will take the team far. Hopefully as far as we went last year!!

Good luck Hawks!

yes CCC all will be able to play this season if they choose to play.