Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New KHSAA rule...
Willie Turnover Wrote:Monday jv game 4 six minute quarters = 2 quarters
Thursday frosh. game 4 six minute quarters= 2 quarters
Friday varsity game 4 eight minute quarters= 4 quarters
total = 8 quarters

as long as jv games and frosh. games are six minute quarters then a player could play all three in a week.

now I could see a problem with a varsity game on Friday and the next week a varsity game on Thursday. this would eliminate a player from playing a jv game on Monday.

Agree, just adjust to the rules. I can see where it could hurt small schools or schools with small numbers if a freshman could not play in all 3.
You are right. This serves no purpose other than hurting smaller schools and the KHSAA flexing their muscles. I have lost a great deal of respect for that institution.
8 minute quarters for a varsity football game? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Black Bear Dad Wrote:You are right. This serves no purpose other than hurting smaller schools and the KHSAA flexing their muscles. I have lost a great deal of respect for that institution.

I never did have any respect for them or NCAA Smile
Politics and favoritism is something thats killing certain programs
It is tuff enough for some of the smaller schools to be solvent and even keep a football program available, because they just do not have the numbers. I see this hurting them more than the larger schools who have a lot more kids. Some freshmen teams for some of these small schools will be a thing of the past. I think that rule needed to be though about longer before it was put down on paper & enforced myself.
No way this will be tracked. Stupid rule
Real Badman Wrote:8 minute quarters for a varsity football game? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Nothing has been said about changing the time.
Its the frosh and JV games at 8 minutes.

This is about how many quarters a kid can play threw the week so he isn't playing 3 full football games.