Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will PC's football be replaced with Soccer?
Will Powell co.'s football team be replaced with a soccer team?
id highly doubt that.
doubtful
here is the way i look at it...if a school admin is thinking about this it is stupied...if the kids do not truly want the program then it shouldnt happen...at my high school a few friends and I got the team started...we faught and battled until we got our team...at first we got zero funding and payed for everything...in out second season first as a true team we made it to regional semis where we were only down by one to future Elite 8 state team South Laurel the next season the budget was made and we were getting jsut as much money as other sports...So if the kids want it bad enough they need to fight for it rather then waiting for the admin to make a decision...if their is not want for the soccer team keep the football team...no need to take one kids love for a sport that no kid is intrested in...
lmao!
Why can they not have both? Let the less than physical guys have a chance to play a sport other than basketball.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Go get them Brahma:thumpsup:
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Why can they not have both? Let the less than physical guys have a chance to play a sport other than basketball.
That would be a very costly change. Most football schedules and contracts are already signed for the next two years. There is a penalty for cancelling these games and most of these fees are from $1500 to $4000. So doing the math if all were $1500, that would be $30,000 for the next two seasons. I don't see it happening!!!
ur_#1_fan Wrote:Will Powell co.'s football team be replaced with a soccer team?
I doubt it because they wasnt that good in soccer..so why replace it with that,should just stay to football
No school in the state of Kentucky should switch football to soccer, the school should not replace any sport for another if the students at the school want a soccer team so bad than they should try to ask the athletic dercitor if they can try to organize a team them self's, not REPLACE another sport, but thats all just my opion
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Why can they not have both? Let the less than physical guys have a chance to play a sport other than basketball.

i agree with having both but making a statement of it being less physical...i have a question hav eu ever really watched a soccer game at points it time it is just as physical as football...for the most part more injuries happen in soccer...i will say that football is more agressive but physical no...and u can argue that statement if you want but until you have played soccer its not a safe comment...and im not trying to start and argument just making a statement :Clap:
i seen how that coach b put the info about the contracts on their .. does powell have a contract to play betsy lane for the next two years .. jw , it was a good game last year .. shoud draw a crowd
Yes, BB we do. We will be at your place in 07 and back at ours in 08. Week eight will be the week, I think right off my head. Yes, it was a great game and I hope to continue the rivalry.
bigbill2 Wrote:i seen how that coach b put the info about the contracts on their .. does powell have a contract to play betsy lane for the next two years .. jw , it was a good game last year .. shoud draw a crowd
No offense here but........Powell absolutely NEVER-EVER wants it to get to the level of Betsylane being a big rivalry game. Morgan and Estill should be the rivalry games, Never a Betsy lane. Morgan isn't in the district but still a good rivalry even though Morgan has owned them as of late. I know coach B is giving his all and doing his best but Powell should crush Betsy lane due to the fact Powell's facilities are better by far and a bigger 2A school(3A now). But Powell wont due to the lack of dedication from the players and 3 or 4 weekly showing up to the weight room just plain and simple wont get it done. I'd say Betsy lane has way more dedication from it's players than that. 1 KID SHOWED UP AT THE WEIGHT ROOM FRIDAY FOR POWELL(WTF)
Im in no way trying to offend coach B, But a (now) 3A school like Powell with as good of football facilities as they have should walk the dog on Betsy lane but they wont cause the kids wont lift weights or have the dedication to work at all in the off season.
They think all you gotta do is show up when school starts. So Betsy lane IMO could easily beat Powell again. YOU CANT BLAME COACH JONES, THE MAN HAS THE WEIGHT ROOM OPEN EVERY DAY! .....But the kicker is this, The ad told the players they didn't have to lift and it was up to them if they wanted to or not.
Plus coach Jones was the only coach in the state who had to pay out his own pocket to go to the clinic and the state championship games. NO SUPPORT OR DEDICATION AT ALL. Coach needs to tell them to stick it and go somewhere where he will be appreciated.
No offense taken CHOPPIN. I am trying to build a quality program at Betsy Layne. We have between 12-16 lifting three days a week, not counting the basketball players. It is not an option. I feel that if they want to play they must pay the price. Had we been stronger this past season, I feel that we could have went better than 500 on the season, instead of 1-9. My school pays for the registration to the clinics, but my boosters or my pocket has to pick up the expenses like hotel and food. I thought that I had it bad.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:No offense here but........Powell absolutely NEVER-EVER wants it to get to the level of Betsylane being a big rivalry game. Morgan and Estill should be the rivalry games, Never a Betsy lane. Morgan isn't in the district but still a good rivalry even though Morgan has owned them as of late. I know coach B is giving his all and doing his best but Powell should crush Betsy lane due to the fact Powell's facilities are better by far and a bigger 2A school(3A now). But Powell wont due to the lack of dedication from the players and 3 or 4 weekly showing up to the weight room just plain and simple wont get it done. I'd say Betsy lane has way more dedication from it's players than that. 1 KID SHOWED UP AT THE WEIGHT ROOM FRIDAY FOR POWELL(WTF)
Im in no way trying to offend coach B, But a (now) 3A school like Powell with as good of football facilities as they have should walk the dog on Betsy lane but they wont cause the kids wont lift weights or have the dedication to work at all in the off season.
They think all you gotta do is show up when school starts. So Betsy lane IMO could easily beat Powell again. YOU CANT BLAME COACH JONES, THE MAN HAS THE WEIGHT ROOM OPEN EVERY DAY! .....But the kicker is this, The ad told the players they didn't have to lift and it was up to them if they wanted to or not.
Plus coach Jones was the only coach in the state who had to pay out his own pocket to go to the clinic and the state championship games. NO SUPPORT OR DEDICATION AT ALL. Coach needs to tell them to stick it and go somewhere where he will be appreciated.
Keep workin' hard coach B, You'll improve it at Betsy lane. People don't realize why Powell is so bad and it's not all due to coaching. There is no support at all for football.
The football gate money is divided up between all sports(?) Football gets nothing from any other sports. Coach B, How would it feel if your AD came out to your weight room and told your team "Now you guys don't have to lift, We can't make you lift"
That's the kind of crap coach Jones has dealt with. They picked Coach Jones ass. coaches, He didn't and the majority knew nothing more than Sunday NFL football.
The man went 4-6 2 years in a row under impossible circumstances. Put coach Jones in the right situation with support and players that are willing to work to get better, He would have winning seasons. Good luck Coach B, No offense to you at all meant.
the same garbage goes on at Jenkins..we actually had our AD close the weight room down for a spell last year before the season without any reason..The basketball programs get basically every penny made at the gates, and there were a couple of games where we couldnt even get concessions..So we here feel your pain,..people need to look beyond the cover of the book to see where the problem lies with the athletic programs..but its no secret that a certain ex girls bball coach who has way too much authority and another certain person has made it very public that they hate the football program (this is exactly what was said), and by the actions they have taken, unfortunately have proven it as well..I hate that your going through that too, but it sounds like you all have it like we do..
Getum-Choppin Wrote:Keep workin' hard coach B, You'll improve it at Betsy lane. People don't realize why Powell is so bad and it's not all due to coaching. There is no support at all for football.
The football gate money is divided up between all sports(?) Football gets nothing from any other sports. Coach B, How would it feel if your AD came out to your weight room and told your team "Now you guys don't have to lift, We can't make you lift"
That's the kind of crap coach Jones has dealt with. They picked Coach Jones ass. coaches, He didn't and the majority knew nothing more than Sunday NFL football.
The man went 4-6 2 years in a row under impossible circumstances. Put coach Jones in the right situation with support and players that are willing to work to get better, He would have winning seasons. Good luck Coach B, No offense to you at all meant.
keep doin what your doin Coach B, your hard work and your boys' hard work will pay off very soon..and your team was much better and much improved than the record showed..again, its one of those "dont judge a book by its cover" deals..but your doing an excellent job at BL..
CoachB Wrote:No offense taken CHOPPIN. I am trying to build a quality program at Betsy Layne. We have between 12-16 lifting three days a week, not counting the basketball players. It is not an option. I feel that if they want to play they must pay the price. Had we been stronger this past season, I feel that we could have went better than 500 on the season, instead of 1-9. My school pays for the registration to the clinics, but my boosters or my pocket has to pick up the expenses like hotel and food. I thought that I had it bad.
WOW! I guess that I am very fortunate. My AD supports me in any decision that I make. He also keeps my butt out of a sling at times also. I also get great support from my principal and asst. principal.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:the same garbage goes on at Jenkins..we actually had our AD close the weight room down for a spell last year before the season without any reason..The basketball programs get basically every penny made at the gates, and there were a couple of games where we couldnt even get concessions..So we here feel your pain,..people need to look beyond the cover of the book to see where the problem lies with the athletic programs..but its no secret that a certain ex girls bball coach who has way too much authority and another certain person has made it very public that they hate the football program (this is exactly what was said), and by the actions they have taken, unfortunately have proven it as well..I hate that your going through that too, but it sounds like you all have it like we do..
Thanks TH32. I hope to be competitive in District play this year. The kids are really fired up about it. I cancelled weightlifting Friday to give them a day off and 6 or 7 of them were mad at me over it. They are truly committing themselves for the most part.

TidesHoss32 Wrote:keep doin what your doin Coach B, your hard work and your boys' hard work will pay off very soon..and your team was much better and much improved than the record showed..again, its one of those "dont judge a book by its cover" deals..but your doing an excellent job at BL..
thats awesome that they are that committed...I believe you all will be more than competetive in district play next year, I believe that you all will be in the playoffs, probably not #1 or 2 seed, because I believe Pikeville and Paintsville will have a hold on those spots, but fighting it out over the #3 and 4..
CoachB Wrote:Thanks TH32. I hope to be competitive in District play this year. The kids are really fired up about it. I cancelled weightlifting Friday to give them a day off and 6 or 7 of them were mad at me over it. They are truly committing themselves for the most part.
It's our AD's fault that everything is screwed up in powell co and thats no joke...
No the football team will stay