Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deltha O'Neal
Apparantly, he got a D.U.I. last night. I haven't been able to find official news about it, but I just wanted to post it before you know who is like "Yet another Bengal in Trouble."

How stupid can you be? I'm not a millionaire, and even I can afford money for a cab ride home from the bar or wherever, I'll even pay for his cab. Why throw your life away over something stupid like that?? Anybody hear anything??
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Fritz. It looks like it's more common than just the Bengals. Here is a review of a book called Pros and Cons; The criminals that play in the NFL.

Quote:
Startling in its breadth, Benedict and Yaeger's investigation into the off-the-field violence and criminal behavior that pervades the culture of professional football is as eye opening as it is disturbing. That these guys get into trouble is nothing new, but when their offenses are collected in one place--with mug shots, court records, police reports, and interviews with arresting officers--the effect is as surreal as the statistics: 21 percent of the NFL's players have been charged with a serious crime.

How serious? The docket begins with assault, rape, and domestic violence and keeps spiraling out of control. These are not just blind allegations; the authors name names and match felonies to players. Some of the better-known examples: Cornelius Bennett--rape and sexual assault; Cortez Kennedy--domestic violence; Michael Irvin--cocaine and marijuana possession; Nate Newton--sexual assault; Warren Moon--domestic violence; Jake Plummer--sexual abuse; Andre Rison--aggravated assault; Bruce Smith--driving under the influence; and Deion Sanders--aggravated assault, disorderly convict, trespassing, and battery. Yet, as disturbing as the names and numbers are, Benedict and Yaeger's contention, backed by exhaustive research, is even worse: the league pretty much looks away, tacitly condoning the havoc caused by these overpaid, coddled men-children, whose very propensity for unchecked mayhem fills stadiums on Sunday. But, then, in the NFL's view of things, football is the law. Make no mistake about Pros and Cons though; as sensational as much of it is, this is a serious work with serious footnotes compiled by serious journalists, who, in the end, do something the game's establishment has avoided: they offer a detailed "Game Plan" for addressing the issues they raise. It begins with respecting law and imposing order. --Jeff Silverman

From Library Journal
When the authors checked a sample consisting of a third of the players on National Football League teams during the 1996/97 season, they discovered that 21 percent had been arrested or indicted for serious crimes ranging from fraud to homicide. Upon investigating the specific instances behind the statistics, they uncovered a disturbing trend?the NFL continues to employ players with multiple arrests and multiple convictions, just as long as they are capable of playing winning football. About the only thing that drew official sanction was the public revelation of extensive gambling activity because that was perceived as casting doubt on the integrity of the game.
I'm not even surprised Fritz. Who will it be next week?
alfus21 Wrote:I'm not even surprised Fritz. Who will it be next week?

See the post above yours. All NFL teams will have problems, the Bengals have just had more recently. I would say that this will be the end of the major problems, but who knows.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
All NFL teams have had problems, but not like this since the Cowboys of the early/mid 90's.

I would be very surprised if this is the end of the major problems though.

Tell me Fritz. Why do you think the Bengals are so out of control? Seriously.
alfus21 Wrote:All NFL teams have had problems, but not like this since the Cowboys of the early/mid 90's.

Honestly, it's just the immature players who are so new to being good, that they feel like they can do anything. It's not players like Housh, or Chad, or Carson, or Rudi, but it's the players who are getting caught up in finally being good, and they think that it gives them the right to do anything.

It's embarassing as a fan, but I'm not turning my back on them, especially since it's not the players who are the face of the Bengals.
According to Sirius radio today this was the 8th Bengal arrested this calender year.
News today from the NFL: if Cincy makes the playoffs and earns a trip to the Superbowl, the game will be moved to the East side yard at the Ohio State Pen. to accomodate the Bengals and their staff..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:News today from the NFL: if Cincy makes the playoffs and earns a trip to the Superbowl, the game will be moved to the East side yard at the Ohio State Pen. to accomodate the Bengals and their staff..

That's hilarious, cause 8 Bengals make up the entire team right?? Oh, and how many of those 8 weren't the players' fault (like the cop telling the dude to move his car or get tazered, so he goes to move it, and they taser him)?
Really, no suprise at all.
SEKYscout Wrote:Really, no suprise at all.

No surprise, huh? He blew a .1, legal limit is .08..... .02 over.... He's an adult...... and a pretty built one........ he might have been completely fine to drive, but they have to give him a D.U.I. by law.

That's to everyone hating on them...... Maybe he shouldn't have been driving, but maybe they just had to give him a D.U.I. out of procedure..... it doesn't make him a criminal with discipline issues
BFritz Wrote:No surprise, huh? He blew a .1, legal limit is .08..... .02 over.... He's an adult...... and a pretty built one........ he might have been completely fine to drive, but they have to give him a D.U.I. by law.

That's to everyone hating on them...... Maybe he shouldn't have been driving, but maybe they just had to give him a D.U.I. out of procedure..... it doesn't make him a criminal with discipline issues

He was driving drunk Fritz. It's against the law, and anybody who drives drunk no matter how much over the limit needs to be arrested and pulled off the road. You know that.
alfus21 Wrote:He was driving drunk Fritz. It's against the law, and anybody who drives drunk no matter how much over the limit needs to be arrested and pulled off the road. You know that.

My point was like it's not like he blew a .34. He deserved to be pulled over, and he should have known better, but he probly wasn't out of control and not knowing what he was doing....... and because he's legally drunk doesn't mean he's "drunk" as in the common interpration of the word
BFritz Wrote:My point was like it's not like he blew a .34. He deserved to be pulled over, and he should have known better, but he probly wasn't out of control and not knowing what he was doing....... and because he's legally drunk doesn't mean he's "drunk" as in the common interpration of the word

So you think they should have let him go on his merry way because he wasn't extremely wasted? Drunk is drunk, and driving after drinking puts not only his life in danger but everybody on the road as well.
All of these off-field issues not only make the Cincinnati Bengals as a whole look bad, but in my opinion, it reflects Marvin Lewis. It seems as though he could do more on the discipline side of things, because when you constantly have players being publicized for issues involving the same problem (alcohol), something needs to be addressed. It's a shame that the Bengals keep having these issues, especially with key players (Thurman, O'Neil, & Henry). These will eventually take the toll on the team, and unless Lewis takes more intense action on the behavior of his players, I'm forced to believe things will only get worse.
alfus21 Wrote:All NFL teams have had problems, but not like this since the Cowboys of the early/mid 90's.

There are other teams this year that are not that far behind in this stat!

San Diego is second in the league with five player arrests this year. This clearly shows that it is a problem all over the NFL! The Charges are a good team with a good coach and I don't see anyone calling for their coach’s head on here. Is that just because you hate the Bengals?

Confusedhh:
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
yeah your right man, its all the cops' fault..take it like a man and quit whining when somebody jokes with you..im a diehard fan too, of the Steelers, and I get to take crap from you Bengals fans too..so to answer your question, EVERY SINGLE FREAKING ONE OF THEM was their fault. Quit crying...Your Bengals are a bunch of thugs.
BFritz Wrote:That's hilarious, cause 8 Bengals make up the entire team right?? Oh, and how many of those 8 weren't the players' fault (like the cop telling the dude to move his car or get tazered, so he goes to move it, and they taser him)?
:thumpsup: right on
alfus21 Wrote:So you think they should have let him go on his merry way because he wasn't extremely wasted? Drunk is drunk, and driving after drinking puts not only his life in danger but everybody on the road as well.
i bet you wouldnt be taking his side if he hit one of your family members head on and killed them, you know, with him "barely drunk"..your hilarious man. You entertain me with your ridiculous posts..
BFritz Wrote:My point was like it's not like he blew a .34. He deserved to be pulled over, and he should have known better, but he probly wasn't out of control and not knowing what he was doing....... and because he's legally drunk doesn't mean he's "drunk" as in the common interpration of the word
Anyone that violates the law needs to be held accountable. The person that broke the law that is. The Bengals have more discipline on the filed now under Lewis than anytime during the 90’s. Lewis cannot walk with every player on the team and make sure that they make good decisions 24 hours a day. Lewis has made a change in Cincinnati in regards to the level of football that is being played. I do agree that poor decisions off the filed have to be dealt with. Alcohol is the legal drug that destroys life for many. That has been the biggest problem for the Bengals this year. I would adventure to say that most of us here have broken some type of alcohol related law sometime in our life. I am in no way minimizing the situation. I feel as if these players need help and not so much punishment from a team stand point.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Instead of Jail Bird it should be Jail Bengal.
Its a shame this is happened yet once again. All of the off the filed issues is taking over the news rather than there great play on the field as of late.
alfus21 Wrote:So you think they should have let him go on his merry way because he wasn't extremely wasted? Drunk is drunk, and driving after drinking puts not only his life in danger but everybody on the road as well.

Then why don't they have it a no tolerance policy, where you get a D.U.I. if you've even only had a drop of alcohol. Maybe he shouldn't have been driving, but I'll bet that with his size, physical shape, muscle, etc. he could operate completely fine at only .02 over.

TidesHoss32 Wrote:i bet you wouldnt be taking his side if he hit one of your family members head on and killed them, you know, with him "barely drunk"..your hilarious man. You entertain me with your ridiculous posts..

You're a joke....... My posts are rediculous because I won't condemn the Bengals as the anti-Christ group of criminals? Ok

TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah your right man, its all the cops' fault..take it like a man and quit whining when somebody jokes with you..im a diehard fan too, of the Steelers, and I get to take crap from you Bengals fans too..so to answer your question, EVERY SINGLE FREAKING ONE OF THEM was their fault. Quit crying...Your Bengals are a bunch of thugs.

The example I listed was the cops' fault, and I can't think of any of the others, but that one was the cops' fault...... So, you're saying that "EVERY SINGLE FREAKING ONE OF THEM was their fault" just because you hate the Bengals that much and you refuse to look at the facts. Funny you say I can't take things like a man
BFritz Wrote:Then why don't they have it a no tolerance policy, where you get a D.U.I. if you've even only had a drop of alcohol. Maybe he shouldn't have been driving, but I'll bet that with his size, physical shape, muscle, etc. he could operate completely fine at only .02 over.

Size has nothing to do with the actual BAC. Size does determine how much alcohol it takes to attain a certain BAC, but once you reach it, it's the same for everybody.

A .1 is the same for a 100 pound girl or a 250 pound man. Blood-Alcohol Content is BAC, and means that .1 % of your blood contains alcohol. It's the same for everybody despite the fact that it may take differing amounts to get to that point.
alfus21 Wrote:Size has nothing to do with the actual BAC. Size does determine how much alcohol it takes to attain a certain BAC, but once you reach it, it's the same for everybody.

A .1 is the same for a 100 pound girl or a 250 pound man. Blood-Alcohol Content is BAC, and means that .1 % of your blood contains alcohol. It's the same for everybody despite the fact that it may take differing amounts to get to that point.

My point is that some people (professional athletes, heavier people, more muscular people, etc.), can handle themselves better even if their BAC is slightly higher than other people's. Like I said, he probly shouldn't have been driving, but he was only .2 over, and might have been operating the same as if he was at the legal limit.
lol..whatever man, ..i never said one thing about hating the Bengals or putting them in an anti-Christ group..ill keep my mouth shut, because you do a good enough job of making yourself look like an idiot..I admire you for sticking by their side, but when you start making excuses like and blaming the cops for arresting him for BEING DRUNK, then ill drop my opinion. Which is right, by the way.
BFritz Wrote:Then why don't they have it a no tolerance policy, where you get a D.U.I. if you've even only had a drop of alcohol. Maybe he shouldn't have been driving, but I'll bet that with his size, physical shape, muscle, etc. he could operate completely fine at only .02 over.

You're a joke....... My posts are rediculous because I won't condemn the Bengals as the anti-Christ group of criminals? Ok

The example I listed was the cops' fault, and I can't think of any of the others, but that one was the cops' fault...... So, you're saying that "EVERY SINGLE FREAKING ONE OF THEM was their fault" just because you hate the Bengals that much and you refuse to look at the facts. Funny you say I can't take things like a man
There is no justification of driving drunk, and there is a limit for a reason. Heavier people can not handle themselves any better at a certain BAC level than anybody else. BAC is the same everybody if the number is the same.

I can't believe you are trying to justify anyone driving over the limit. That is truly pathetic
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol..whatever man, ..i never said one thing about hating the Bengals or putting them in an anti-Christ group..ill keep my mouth shut, because you do a good enough job of making yourself look like an idiot..I admire you for sticking by their side, but when you start making excuses like and blaming the cops for arresting him for BEING DRUNK, then ill drop my opinion. Which is right, by the way.

You and other posters are saying that they're a bunch of criminals, that's what I was pointing out. Go back, read everything you can find about the incident I pointed out, and you'll find exactly what I posted

alfus21 Wrote:There is no justification of driving drunk, and there is a limit for a reason. Heavier people can not handle themselves any better at a certain BAC level than anybody else. BAC is the same everybody if the number is the same.

I can't believe you are trying to justify anyone driving over the limit. That is truly pathetic

So, if you put everyone who is at a .1 BAC behind the wheel of a car and say "drive home," everyone will drive the exact same way?? That's what you just said. He shouldn't have been driving, I admitted that, but he could have thought he was fine and still might have been fine. It's not an excuse, it's just saying that he's not as much of a criminal as you're saying and didn't go drink til his BAC was a .3 and try to drive home.
BFritz Wrote:So, if you put everyone who is at a .1 BAC behind the wheel of a car and say "drive home," everyone will drive the exact same way?? That's what you just said. He shouldn't have been driving, I admitted that, but he could have thought he was fine and still might have been fine. It's not an excuse, it's just saying that he's not as much of a criminal as you're saying and didn't go drink til his BAC was a .3 and try to drive home.

That's exactly what I'm saying. It's not hard to understand that a .1 for everybody is the same. What I am telling you is that all that weight and size determines is how much alcohol it takes for a person to reach the .1

That's what I just said again, and that's what I'll stick to. I'm a Criminology Major with a large focus on Drugs in society. A .1 is the same. They are all the same. You seem to underestimate how bad in fact a .1 is as well.

.08 is illegal in all 50 states. 0.10 — 0.125 BAC: Significant impairment of motor coordination and loss of good judgment. Speech may be slurred; balance, vision, reaction time and hearing will be impaired. Euphoria. It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle at this level of intoxication in all states.

Got it now bub?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xk5dlaveyUQ

Here's a little something to ease the tension.