Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps and Coach Clay Campbell
These boys seem to always put it together during the regular season and then they blow it during the dist. tourney...theres a reason for it...Coach campbell never scedules an actual GOOD team! Sure he plays PC and Belfry, but any team that actually wants to contend for a title would never put the teams he puts in on his schedule...WHY? I've never really understood this myself, and i'd liek to know... Sure he has a winning record, but a winning record also translates into NO DISTRICT WINS DURING HIS STAY AT PHELPS...
What is your problem? Are you saying that the "kids" who play the sport don't have what it takes to get a district win? Maybe you need to let the season get started before you start criticizing anyone's tactics! Are you a coach? It would be my guess that ......... NO! Your not! You shouldn't judge anyone until you walk a mile in their shoes!
I actualy think Phelps will be the big suprise of the seaon in the 15th. A large reason in drop off last year was due to Hunt's injury in the accident. This team has potential to upset Belfry or Pike Central. They have 2 of the best atheletes in the region and if they played on another team were people saw them more theyd be on top of any list. I know Id love to have them at Belfry.
`Yeah every one tlks abuot phelps but look at shelby valley winning by 60? i mean really
Horentfan24 Wrote:`Yeah every one tlks abuot phelps but look at shelby valley winning by 60? i mean really

AND.... don't forget going throughout the entire region to obtain players...... AT LEAST Phelps plays with what is "homegrown" and not "hand picked"!!
Quote:AND.... don't forget going throughout the entire region to obtain players...... AT LEAST Phelps plays with what is "homegrown" and not "hand picked"!!

I thought they only had one person from out of the area(Phelps< Hatfield) the rest are from that area, am I correct????
Theres other teams in the region besides Phelps Isnt there?
phs1986 Wrote:AND.... don't forget going throughout the entire region to obtain players...... AT LEAST Phelps plays with what is "homegrown" and not "hand picked"!!

Absolutely ridiculous post with no merit whatsoever. SVHS probably plays with as many "homegrown" players as any team in the region. I know that 9 of the 16 are from Dorton, 6 are from Virgie, and 1 is originally from Phelps. Ashley Hatfield is the only player to my knowledge that has ever played at another school besides Dorton or Virgie.

You might want to aim your comments at one of the other schools who actually "hand pick" their players because Valley definitely isn't nor has never been one of them. Where did you get that information.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Absolutely ridiculous post with no merit whatsoever. SVHS probably plays with as many "homegrown" players as any team in the region. I know that 9 of the 16 are from Dorton, 6 are from Virgie, and 1 is originally from Phelps. Ashley Hatfield is the only player to my knowledge that has ever played at another school besides Dorton or Virgie.

You might want to aim your comments at one of the other schools who actually "hand pick" their players because Valley definitely isn't nor has never been one of them. Where did you get that information.

AAHHHH..... NOW the comments are flying.... BUT.... it was fine when the "Phelps" bashing was going on wasn't it (from a SV resident may I add)..... LOLOL.... and FYI.... Hatfield is related to me... wonderful kid....
phs1986 Wrote:AAHHHH..... NOW the comments are flying.... BUT.... it was fine when the "Phelps" bashing was going on wasn't it (from a SV resident may I add)..... LOLOL.... and FYI.... Hatfield is related to me... wonderful kid....

So did you just post that to get someone to respond? If not, it still makes no sense. I know Ashley well, and he is a great kid and very likeable. Who is the SV resident who did the bashing? SV gets bashed on almost every thread--some deserved, some not. They even get brought into ones like this that have nothing to do with them.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:So did you just post that to get someone to respond? If not, it still makes no sense. I know Ashley well, and he is a great kid and very likeable. Who is the SV resident who did the bashing? SV gets bashed on almost every thread--some deserved, some not. They even get brought into ones like this that have nothing to do with them.

REFER to post #1- (Hint Hint: check out the location)

Seems like Phelps is one of SV's favorite pasttimes to bash. As for Ash, no one should have even mentioned his name!! I appreciate my little cuz being likeable... it runs in the family! NOW... we can leave him outta this as he has nothing to do with it!! ....... and NO the post wasn't just to get someone to respond...... Give me one good reason, just because the initial poster was from SV, that Phelps fans should just sit back and take what they have to say and not be able to post their opinion or response back? I personally am VERY vocal and will ALWAYS take up for the RIGHT thing! The season isn't even into full swing and already a SV fan is bashing not only the team but the coach as well!!! I stated my opinion and you have yours! I guess you could say....... ENOUGH SAID!!!!
I agree that you should post your opinion, but make it one that has some merit. You know Valley has almost all homegrown players so why make up something like what you said? I could care less what goes on at Phelps. I know Coach Campbell well also and he does a great job. Not many schools that small can compete with the much larger schools like Phelps can. You take up for your school as most people will, but SV fans also aren't going to sit back and listen to things said about them that are absolutely not true.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I agree that you should post your opinion, but make it one that has some merit. You know Valley has almost all homegrown players so why make up something like what you said? I could care less what goes on at Phelps. I know Coach Campbell well also and he does a great job. Not many schools that small can compete with the much larger schools like Phelps can. You take up for your school as most people will, but SV fans also aren't going to sit back and listen to things said about them that are absolutely not true.

As I stated.... post #1 has NO merit! Basically started to see if some type of "irritating" itch could be spread! Well, when it comes to these kids... you bet it spreads... Same as with you I am assuming! As for SV fans sitting back and listening to things that aren't true....... some of what gets said comes from SV fans.....maybe some who aren't really die hard fans and just want to spread some gossip but....

I have been around for a while... I can remember when Dorton was who we played when Dorton was on the schedule and Virgie was who we played when Virgie was on the schedule, and Johns Creek, Mullins, Millard, and Feds Creek... THOSE are the good ol' days... they were small schools like Phelps .... They were equal... NOT now though! BUT everyone is quick to condem Phelps because of what?? We may not have 65 football players or a million dollar facility but... we got the kids (and they have talent!!!) and they are what matters... they are what is important.
phs1986 Wrote:As I stated.... post #1 has NO merit! Basically started to see if some type of "irritating" itch could be spread! Well, when it comes to these kids... you bet it spreads... Same as with you I am assuming! As for SV fans sitting back and listening to things that aren't true....... some of what gets said comes from SV fans.....maybe some who aren't really die hard fans and just want to spread some gossip but....

I have been around for a while... I can remember when Dorton was who we played when Dorton was on the schedule and Virgie was who we played when Virgie was on the schedule, and Johns Creek, Mullins, Millard, and Feds Creek... THOSE are the good ol' days... they were small schools like Phelps .... They were equal... NOT now though! BUT everyone is quick to condem Phelps because of what?? We may not have 65 football players or a million dollar facility but... we got the kids (and they have talent!!!) and they are what matters... they are what is important.

I agree totally with everything you have said except for the statement about the "hand picked" kids. Just because someone says something with no merit isn't an excuse to make a post back with even less merit. Dorton is a small school and they still compete with the large schools who have ten times the students and those kids work their butts off to be good. Basketball is a passion around there just as it is around Phelps.