Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 98 - OBI 33
final
Is Shelby Valley ever gonna play any good competition. Hope they just scheduled these games to build the confidence level in the young guys.
thats the only reason they have a good winnin season they don't play ne one good
Redneck Wrote:Is Shelby Valley ever gonna play any good competition. Hope they just scheduled these games to build the confidence level in the young guys.

I couldnt agree with you more, all it is doing is hurting them in the long run.
CaNtBeStOpPeD23 Wrote:thats the only reason they have a good winnin season they don't play ne one good

I agree that they need to play some competition, but that's definitely not the only reason they have a good winning season. That's obvious to anyone who knows basketball.
Like I said in another thread. The schedule gets tougher.

They play Louisville Shawnee on Saturday, Dunbar in Lexington later in the season, they're in a tourny with North Laurel, Mason County, and JBS, and are also in the WYMT Classic.
No suprise here...Congrats to the wildcats!
alfus21 Wrote:Like I said in another thread. The schedule gets tougher.

They play Louisville Shawnee on Saturday, Dunbar in Lexington later in the season, they're in a tourny with North Laurel, Mason County, and JBS, and are also in the WYMT Classic.

They dont play North Laurel, Mason or JBS in any tourney and Dunbar and Shawnee are at the bottom of the charts in there regions
watchin-u Wrote:They dont play North Laurel, Mason or JBS in any tourney and Dunbar and Shawnee are at the bottom of the charts in there regions

I just said that are in a tournament with them. I don't know if they play them in it or not, I don't know the bracket.

They could also play JBS in the WYMT as well.

And for Shawnee and Dunbar, at least SV is making the effort to play teams from the large cities unlike most other teams in the region.
alfus21 Wrote:..at least SV is making the effort to play teams from the large cities unlike most other teams in the region.

I believe watchin-u will come back about their game tomorrow night against Louisville Brown. Brown was defeated rather easily by Trinity which comes as no suprise. Best of luck to all the region teams facing large inner-city schools.
Is Shelby Valley running the scores up in their last two wins or what, because these scores look bad upon the school.
Disco Stu Wrote:Is Shelby Valley running the scores up in their last two wins or what, because these scores look bad upon the school.

uh not really,considering they played mostly freshman or the Jv team
Congrats to Shelby Valley
BIGBLACK Wrote:I believe watchin-u will come back about their game tomorrow night against Louisville Brown.

Louisville Trinity 78 Louisville Brown 42 (36 point difference)
Louisville Trinity 70 Louisville Shawnee 52 (18 point difference)
The King Wrote:Louisville Trinity 78 Louisville Brown 42 (36 point difference)
Louisville Trinity 70 Louisville Shawnee 52 (18 point difference)

I never said they were good, just that they are making the trip to Louisville today to play an inner-city school.
Don't really see why they would play such a weak team. Yeah, they may have some better competition....but why play a team that you can blow their doors down. Each game should challenge you and you should play to make your team better. Sure you might lose more games than you'd like to in the season, but it will only help come tournament time.
don't get mad at SV boys and girls they can not help it that they are that good.
Sv is a great team
all we hear about is how dominate Valley basketball is if they are so dominate then why play teams such as OBI and teams from WV...Stop beating up on the small schools and take it up with Ballard or someone...I mean the way ppl talk about Valley you would think they would be in contention for a state title...idk maybe im just to harsh but playing OBI is going to hurt them more then it will help them...IMO they get to get a good thumping b-4 they head into tourney time...And even though Shawnee is down i guarantee their expericence playing Trinity and such will help them in their battle against Valley and will keep it in single digits
kysportsguru Wrote:don't get mad at SV boys and girls they can not help it that they are that good.

they freaking played OBI i could take a grade school team there and compete with them...
BIGBLACK Wrote:I never said they were good, just that they are making the trip to Louisville today to play an inner-city school.

And I didn't say anything.... I just posted some scores...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:they freaking played OBI i could take a grade school team there and compete with them...

Who cares if you can take a grade school team and compete with OBI.
WOW!!!! The wildcarts really haven't been showing any mercy on these weaker teams. Not looking good on the school. Congrats again I guess, for beating a team by 50+
OnCeABobcat Wrote:WOW!!!! The wildcarts really haven't been showing any mercy on these weaker teams. Not looking good on the school. Congrats again I guess, for beating a team by 50+

Were you there to see if they took mercy or not? Craig Co was horrible and you could take all the mercy you wanted and still beat them 50 or 60.
Nothing against SV, but next year they need to rework the schedule. Get rid of schools like OBI and David school and play teams like Henry Clay and other strong schools to get a team ready for district play and reigional. SV is to good to be playing these weak schools.
Congrats SV
kysportsguru Wrote:Who cares if you can take a grade school team and compete with OBI.

my point to you kysportsguru is it proves nothing beating such teams as the OBI school and Craig Co...i am impressed how these younger kids play for Valley...but i am HIGHLY unimpressed by the weakness of schedule...Booher may want to look into scheduling teams like Letcher County Central maybe even a team out of TN...They however do play in the WYMT Mt. Classic which is always a tough tournament...but just like their football program as well...
for the basketball team playing Haysi, Craig, OBI and the David School is not going to prove anything....That is four Wasted games...Now i will say this they are not the only team scheduling weaker teams...They saying we hear time and time again "To be the best you have to beat the best" and right now Booher is lacking NOT the team...
Mr. Sports Wrote:Nothing against SV, but next year they need to rework the schedule. Get rid of schools like OBI and David school and play teams like Henry Clay and other strong schools to get a team ready for district play and reigional. SV is to good to be playing these weak schools.

They have to play David School at least twice. They're in the same district...Unfortunately.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:for the basketball team playing Haysi, Craig, OBI and the David School is not going to prove anything....That is four Wasted games

Once again, Shelby Valley doesn't want to play David School but they have no choice. Same district. Get your facts straight at least before you bash the schedule.
yeah i was thinking Piarsit was in their distirct my bad all in all 3 wasted games and Buckhorn isnt that much to bark about