Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dec 11; Pike Central vs Magoffin
A rematch of last years 15th region championship should be another great and classic game...Whats everyone thoughts...It will be played at the Hawks Nest...

Note: AD Slone is eligable to play in this game for the Lady Hawks...
This should show who the best team in the region is.
Magoffin 75
Pike Central 64
Magoffin by 10
Pike Central is a very young team but they are tough and they can play with anybody.

PC 68
Magoffin 60
Central struggles in this one IMO and falls 75-68
Somerset_Football Wrote:Pike Central is a very young team but they are tough and they can play with anybody.

PC 68
Magoffin 60
they are not that young have you ever even seen them play
The Fan Wrote:they are not that young have you ever even seen them play

yes i have... against Leslie they started 3 freshman and 2 sophmores but thats because their 2 best players were suspended.
Somerset_Football Wrote:yes i have... against Leslie they started 3 freshman and 2 sophmores but thats because their 2 best players were suspended.
have you ever seen Magoffin play?
Magoffin will beat Pike Central pretty easily. One question, how in the world has Slone been ruled eligible after all the "moving around" she has done in the past two years?
Phoenix Wrote:Magoffin will beat Pike Central pretty easily. One question, how in the world has Slone been ruled eligible after all the "moving around" she has done in the past two years?
thats a mystery to me
Somerset_Football Wrote:yes i have... against Leslie they started 3 freshman and 2 sophmores but thats because their 2 best players were suspended.

Not a good way to start the year with suspensions..I am assuming it was Ratliff and Lowe.
Are you sure on Slone? Makes me really question the KHSAA..Seems like there is no consistency in regards to transfers..When she has gone back and forth between the two schools there should be some punishment.
ballerhasbeen Wrote:Not a good way to start the year with suspensions..I am assuming it was Ratliff and Lowe.
Are you sure on Slone? Makes me really question the KHSAA..Seems like there is no consistency in regards to transfers..When she has gone back and forth between the two schools there should be some punishment.
not sure on the suspension situation on another thread it said they were caught cheating on a test at school hope i am wrong
I hope they get everything sorted out so the players can battle it out on the court not off the court.
I too am so puzzled as to how Slone could be ruled eligable. The KHSAA is a joke and this only proved they don't enforce thier own rules. If I were the AD at Phelps or any of the schools she has been to I would challenge this because it's becoming the norm now and needs to be stopped. If you start out somewhere you should have to finish there unless there is a move of the family to another part of the state or county.
Well i am the one who posted both Slones and the Lowe and Ratliff part so let me sort all this out...

Slone has been ruled eligable on what terms i have no idea and it kinda bafled me CONSIDERING the two girls from Pikeville were rules INELIGABLE...so yes sounds like KHSAA needs to sort things out up there...by the way this is coming from a Central fan(me)

Ratliff and Lowe were both suspended one game BY BUTCHER...he has a no tolerance rule for cheating on tests...the teacher caught both Ratliff and Lowe cheating on tests in his Physics class...the story on Lowe is actually quite humorous...but the teacher told Butcher not to suspend them...but in my eyes Butcher did the right thing and set a HUGE message to the whole team...Both girls were alowed to practice but on terms of punishment...Both WILL be alowed to play in the up coming games this week...

so i hope this clears everything up somewhat...
I was told by people at Phelps that the principal would not release her or her coach. I will be suprised if she plays!
hootie Wrote:I was told by people at Phelps that the principal would not release her or her coach. I will be suprised if she plays!

I was told by players, and coache that she would be playing...so i guess we will see
I hope everything will work out for her. She has a ton of talent. Good luck to both teams, but I am going to go with PC by 5.
48 hrs till the re-match of last years regional tournament championship...get ready b/c it is going to be a good one...the two best players in the 15th region will match-up and the 2 "best teams" will square off for possibly the most highly anticipated match-up b-4 the christmas break begins...so put on your helmets and get out the popcorn this could be exciting baby...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:48 hrs till the re-match of last years regional tournament championship...get ready b/c it is going to be a good one...the two best players in the 15th region will match-up and the 2 "best teams" will square off for possibly the most highly anticipated match-up b-4 the christmas break begins...so put on your helmets and get out the popcorn this could be exciting baby...
should be a great game
yes it should if i didnt have finals i would be on for attendance
I say magoffin by 10
MC by 5
MC 77
PC 68

Magoffin will be tough to beat. I expect Ashley Hall to guard Ratliff. Hall is one of the best defenders in the 15th and should be able to hold Ratliff at 20 points for the game.
Mr. Sports Wrote:MC 77
PC 68

Magoffin will be tough to beat. I expect Ashley Hall to guard Ratliff. Hall is one of the best defenders in the 15th and should be able to hold Ratliff at 20 points for the game.
i agree
SlammaBamma...Haley did not get caught by the teacher cheating on her test...She was ratted out by a fellow student for taking pics of the test with a cell phone a couple of days before the test. as for Kayla, yes it was quite comical with her getting caught by the teacher.
PC_Fan Wrote:SlammaBamma...Haley did not get caught by the teacher cheating on her test...She was ratted out by a fellow student for taking pics of the test with a cell phone a couple of days before the test. as for Kayla, yes it was quite comical with her getting caught by the teacher.

yes i knew that she had took these pics...but would this not be considered cheating as well...sounds like it to me lol if not what would u call it...but any ways yeah Kayla's little thing was hilarious...even more comical when a teacher asks students if they need help and then he tells them too look at her leg lol...great absolutley great would love to be at her senior banquet b/c U KNOW that will come up haha
The reason why AD Slone will probably be eligible is because when she decided to go to Phelps, Pike Central showed some class by releasing her for her freshman year. She will probably then be able to play at PC because she physically moved out of Phelps into the Pike Central school district.

As far as PC's best players and testing...they handled the situation like mature, young women. They sat out the first game but sat with the coaching staff and cheered on their teammates instead of pouting.

Good luck to the Lady Hawks!
Yes Central showed some great class by releasing her...and yes the girls did show alot of class not only did they sit out the first game and be mature about it but from what i hear they made up for it in Practice and busted their tails to show Butcher that they wanted this team to stick together in the hard times...

Only two hours away
This game will show who the best team in the 15th is, and I'll say MC will come away with the win by 6-12 points