Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry Clay 88-Paintsville 78
From the sounds of things on the radio Paintsville had a tough time handling the ball tonight. If I remember correctly they had 24 turnovers. Very good effort against two high calliber teams from Lexington. Playing these games will only help the Tigers come March.
Rough start for Paintsville. But like you said, they were playing two ranked teams in the state. Best of luck next time. Anyone have any stats on the game? Any Paintsville fans go to the game?
What is Henry Clay's ranking in the state?
Henry Clay is 14 in one poll, another poll has them at 16 or 18. Not bad for a 15th region team going toe to toe to two top 15 teams in the state on back to back nights. I think they made us all proud to be from the 15, and I honestly think that this years regional winner whether it be Johnson Central, Shelby Valley, Paintsville or someone else could possibly get out of the 1st round at state.
Slone led all scorers with 34 pts while Ferguson had 10. The anouncers on WKLW kept saying Paintsville was playing scared. Not sure what them meant, they never elaborated. Too me this was a great experience for the team and it show them what they have to work on not only to win the 15th but make a run at state.
congrats HC
Congrats Blue Devils, Tigers you did a nice job representing Eastern Kentucky.
Slone proved he could play against this level of compentition and still put up huge numbers, he does need to get a win or two....Grimm only had 2pts in this game and Vanhoose only had 9.
I seen Henry Clay play 1 time this year and that was against HH and they looked like a very good ball team. So for a team around here to play with them that is a good thing
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Slone actually had 38 points in this one and he was really the only player that provided anything on the offensive side. Although Paintsville did get beat by these 2 top 10-15 teams in the state, they still put on a very impressive showing down lexington and represented the 15th region well. This will give them alot of confidence as they come back home and start playing in there district and the region of course.
Henry Clay is an awesome team any team hanging that close with them should hold their heads high.
-STAT- Wrote:Slone actually had 38 points in this one and he was really the only player that provided anything on the offensive side. Although Paintsville did get beat by these 2 top 10-15 teams in the state, they still put on a very impressive showing down lexington and represented the 15th region well. This will give them alot of confidence as they come back home and start playing in there district and the region of course.
I thought he had 38pts also but I didn't post it because I thought I may have been wrong..But anyway thanks, Landon is proving that he is one of the Elight players in the state and proving to everyone that he was underrated in alot of those state polls(HL,CJ..ETC), and should start getting alot more attention with a few W's and more games like this against steller competition. I can't wait untill the 1st JC-PVille game this year it will be crazy...McCarty and Slone will put on a show.:redboxer:
eaglehoops Wrote:Slone led all scorers with 34 pts while Ferguson had 10. The anouncers on WKLW kept saying Paintsville was playing scared. Not sure what them meant, they never elaborated. Too me this was a great experience for the team and it show them what they have to work on not only to win the 15th but make a run at state.

Slone did not score 38, he had 34 and Henry Clay is ranked 18 in the state
I also heard they played scared.
What schools are showing interest in Slone?
Congrats HC. Good try Paintsville
watchin-u Wrote:Slone did not score 38, he had 34 and Henry Clay is ranked 18 in the state

Regaurdless, he scored 34 points against Henry Clay, much more impressive then McCarty scoring 38 against South Floyd. Even if they did play scared, they only got beat by 10 against the #18 team in the state who was much bigger and athletic. Would have liked to have seen the outcome of this game had they not have played scared.
watchin-u Wrote:Slone did not score 38, he had 34 and Henry Clay is ranked 18 in the state

Two different polls, two different rankings. I saw one where HC was 14, and another poll has them 18. Take it for what its worth, they need to be congratulated on playing good ball, not their best, but they done well.
I think Paintsville may have suprised a few people with their play in Lexington over the weekend even though they lost both games, they showed that they can play with the better teams in the state. If they continue to play like in the first two games they should be the favorite to win the 15th region.
Redneck Wrote:Regaurdless, he scored 34 points against Henry Clay, much more impressive then McCarty scoring 38 against South Floyd. Even if they did play scared, they only got beat by 10 against the #18 team in the state who was much bigger and athletic. Would have liked to have seen the outcome of this game had they not have played scared.

What did i say that had to do with McCarty, and i didnt say it was bad or anything just stating the fact, oh and 38 points is 38 points anyway you look at it and McCarty's team got the win, so maybe slone should have passed the ball more.
watchin-u Wrote:What did i say that had to do with McCarty, and i didnt say it was bad or anything just stating the fact, oh and 38 points is 38 points anyway you look at it and McCarty's team got the win, so maybe slone should have passed the ball more.

I hope we are not starting the Slone being a ball hog that was said last season. The night before the Tigers were led in scoring by Shane Grim. 4 of their 5 starters were in double figures, Ferguson being the only one that wasn't. Sure they didn't get the win, but hopefully with you being a basketball player realize, when a player is on let him keep shooting.
BIGBLACK Wrote:I hope we are not starting the Slone being a ball hog that was said last season. The night before the Tigers were led in scoring by Shane Grim. 4 of their 5 starters were in double figures, Ferguson being the only one that wasn't. Sure they didn't get the win, but hopefully with you being a basketball player realize, when a player is on let him keep shooting.

I am not a player and i do understand tha if someone is on there on.
watchin-u Wrote:I am not a player and i do understand tha if someone is on there on.

I thought you were a player, the way you keep telling people to come out for the basketball team, and criticized a Prestonsburg player made me wonder.
Well kids should go out and play, i wish i was athletic enough to play to be honest with you, and Patton does suck.
watchin-u Wrote:Well kids should go out and play, i wish i was athletic enough to play to be honest with you, and Patton does suck.

Well for someone not being athletic, you sure have a lot of room to talk.Rolleyes
BIGBLACK Wrote:Well for someone not being athletic, you sure have a lot of room to talk.Rolleyes

Just have my opionion
watchin-u Wrote:Well kids should go out and play, i wish i was athletic enough to play to be honest with you, and Patton does suck.

All kids should play except Tommy Taylor, right. Seeing that "noone wants him to come out anyways". Make up your mind.