Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 94 South Floyd 92 OT
Final
SF lead 45 to 40 at the half and lead by 18 points at the end of the 3rd qrt. JC came back and tied the game at 89 at the end of the 4th qrt. and out scored SF 5 to 3 in OT.

Jamie McCarty lead all scorers with 38 pts.
Lyle Johnson lead SF with 28 pts.
E. Johnson had 25 pts.
So this is the Johnson Central that was ranked Preseason #2 in the 15th and, by what many people have told me, have the ebst athletes in the region. Hmm..guess they forgot they had a game tonight.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:So this is the Johnson Central that was ranked Preseason #2 in the 15th and, by what many people have told me, have the ebst athletes in the region. Hmm..guess they forgot they had a game tonight.

Very possible. The way that everyone picked them to win by a very large amount tonight, may have got to their heads if they had read anything that was posted on here. Good job tonight guys, way to show heart and not quit when you were down.
wowwww congrats Central....what a comeback...and very surprising to
WOW! VERY suprising score here... I expected JC to roll in this one! Congrats to both team's on a hard fought game!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:So this is the Johnson Central that was ranked Preseason #2 in the 15th and, by what many people have told me, have the ebst athletes in the region. Hmm..guess they forgot they had a game tonight.

I'm not sure who is giving you this info., but JC lost 4 starters and another who is not playing this season from last years team. Personally I don't know how anyone could place a team at the top of the region when you loose 80% of your starting lineup. I think they will struggle early this season, hopefully they will be playing their best ball when the districts roll around.
I think the 15th region will again be a toss-up, there are 4 or 5 teams that have a very good shot at playing in Rupp this year.
You have to think that it's hard to beat teams when they are 17-34 from the 3 point line
Big_Ben#7 Wrote:You have to think that it's hard to beat teams when they are 17-34 from the 3 point line

Very good point, 51 points from behind the arc normally means you win convincingly. JC turned it on when it counted the most, and came away with a win. 1-0 is all that matters.
sounded like a tough one
This was a very good game to watch it was a real nail bitter....
This game was an awesome game Im glad to have watched it. Jc's bench is deep just needs a lil time to get use to everything. The team has great chemistry but it took them a while to get their games together. Jarrod Crum is an excellent addition to this JC team. SF looked good, #23 not sure of his name was on fire with the 3's. There was some calls that could have went either way. But over all both teams played with alot of heart.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
Old School Wrote:I'm not sure who is giving you this info., but JC lost 4 starters and another who is not playing this season from last years team. Personally I don't know how anyone could place a team at the top of the region when you loose 80% of your starting lineup. I think they will struggle early this season, hopefully they will be playing their best ball when the districts roll around.
I think the 15th region will again be a toss-up, there are 4 or 5 teams that have a very good shot at playing in Rupp this year.
Not sure where you got your info, but McCarty has started for the Eagles for years and is still on the team I believe.
McCarty is the best player in the 15th region. You mean who can come in the last 3 mins of the game and hit 4 strait 3's, then hit the game winning shot. Not many
eaglepride Wrote:mccarty is the best player in the 15th region u mean who can come in at the last 3 mins of the game and hit 4 strait 3 then hit the game winne not many
This doesn't make the first bit of sense.
Big_Ben#7 Wrote:You have to think that it's hard to beat teams when they are 17-34 from the 3 point line
Maybe someone needs to try to play a little defense.
rooster Wrote:Maybe someone needs to try to play defense.

I agree, maybe extending the zone out or locking on instead of sitting back and giving them open looks hoping they would miss. Its still early and hopefully the defense will tighten up.
rooster Wrote:Maybe someone needs to try to play a little defense.

Were you even at the game? JC was in the their faces for most of the shots. Some shots were uncontested and thats gonna happen. It doesn't a W is a W anyway you can take it. BTW Rooster, why do you always get on here and bash JC basketball but praise JC football like they are the best in the school all-time? Maybe you need to look and see that you should support everything your school does. It's called not jealous.
Big_Ben#7 Wrote:BTW Rooster, why do you always get on here and bash JC basketball but praise JC football like they are the best in the school all-time? Maybe you need to look and see that you should support everything your school does. It's called not jealous.

This JC football team was the best of all time. I'm sure he supports the Eagles, in whatever they do, maybe more so in one than the other, but we all have our favorites.
Big_Ben#7 Wrote:Were you even at the game? JC was in the their faces for most of the shots. Some shots were uncontested and thats gonna happen. It doesn't a W is a W anyway you can take it. BTW Rooster, why do you always get on here and bash JC basketball but praise JC football like they are the best in the school all-time? Maybe you need to look and see that you should support everything your school does. It's called not jealous.

(A) When have I ever bashed JC basketball? I just said someone might need to try to play a little defense.

(B) The football team is the best all time at the school.

© Jealous of what?
Lyle Johnson - 25 points
Ethan Johnson - 25 points
Wes Akers- 23 points
Adam Slone- 14 points, 10 assists
A) You bash Jamie McCarty and Jesse Meek both any chance you get
B) I wasn't just talking about the football. I was including all sports.(Baseball final 4 of the whole state not class). If you compare the success of the basketball team to football, there is no comparison, basketball has 5 regional titles to football's 1. I support the football with all my heart and it sucked when they had the chance to go to the state championship but quite frankly I just got tired of hearing them talk about their success. They made it as far as the basketball team did(top 16 teams left in the entire state).
C) Jealousy seems to run through your veins when you talk about the basketball team, McCarty, and Meek.

Might of misread your post but that's how I interpretated them. Correct me if I am and I will apologize.
I don't think he directly pointed the finger to McCarty and Meek when it comes to defense. Just talking about the team in general. Speaking of Meek, any idea why he shoved a kid in the back to get the techincal? Was something said to him by that particular individual, or did he do something different?
thespectator Wrote:Lyle Johnson - 25 points
Ethan Johnson - 25 points
Wes Akers- 23 points
Adam Slone- 14 points, 10 assists
Looks like Ethan Johnson and Company are better than some of us anticipated. These new guys at SF can play.
Big_Ben#7 Wrote:A) You bash Jamie McCarty and Jesse Meek both any chance you get
B) I wasn't just talking about the football. I was including all sports.(Baseball final 4 of the whole state not class). If you compare the success of the basketball team to football, there is no comparison, basketball has 5 regional titles to football's 1. I support the football with all my heart and it sucked when they had the chance to go to the state championship but quite frankly I just got tired of hearing them talk about their success. They made it as far as the basketball team did(top 16 teams left in the entire state).
C) Jealousy seems to run through your veins when you talk about the basketball team, McCarty, and Meek.

Might of misread your post but that's how I interpretated them. Correct me if I am and I will apologize.

(A) Jamie McCarty and Jesse Meeks played just as I described, but I have never , ever at any time bashed the JC basketball team. McCarty shot everything he touched tonight (how many air balls was that tonight?) and Meek was ejected from the game (again) tonight as well wasn't he?

(B) Sounds to me like I support all JC sports then doesn't it.

© Yes, I am due an apology.
BIGBLACK Wrote:I don't think he directly pointed the finger to McCarty and Meek when it comes to defense. Just talking about the team in general. Speaking of Meek, any idea why he shoved a kid in the back to get the techincal? Was something said to him by that particular individual, or did he do something different?
You are right, I did not mention the first name.
rooster Wrote:and Meek was ejected from the game (again) tonight as well wasn't he?

Any idea what quarter it was? If it was before the 4th, then wouldn't you agree that this team played better without him tonight since they came back then and ended up winning the game?
Is Meek a hot-head?
Justin Credible Wrote:Is Meek a hot-head?

Last year he was quick to react to certain situations wrong. Competitive spirit in an individual can get the best of us all. I'm not sure what happend tonight, but as I was listening to the game on the radio it was said that he pushed a kid in the back and received a technical for it.
Man this sounded like a great game
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS