Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The team to beat Kentucky?
Kentucky wont win the title. I guarantee that.
sstack Wrote:I was worried about a possible match up with ND, but after watching them play Northeastern today I am not too concerned. UK will eat them alive in the paint.

I hope EVERYONE realizes ND is on of the WORST ranked Def teams in Div. 1 basketball. Yes, ND can shoot, but HAVEN'T seen the length UK brings to the party, and UK WILL score at will against Notre Shame, and win by double digits, NEXT!
andy griffith Wrote:Kentucky wont win the title. I guarantee that.

This is NOT ANDY!!!! This has to be Goober!

[Image: http://wsmv.images.worldnow.com/images/18157477_BG2.jpg]
Our toughest game ill be the winner of Wisky and Zona, and that's stretching it considering Zona hasn't looked as good as some of these experts claim them to be.
I don't consider the elite eight game, or any team on the other side of the bracket much of a challenge. Assuming we play the way were capable of course.
Any team left in the tournament could beat Kentucky on a given night, and Kentucky is capable of beating any team remaining in the tournament. Kentucky's starting guards were a combined 2 of 9 from the field and our fans just want to talk about their "clutch" plays. Maybe if they were better at making entry passes into the post and made opponents respect their play making ability, they would not need to make clutch plays down the stretch.

Wisconsin has a great team, but there is no way that the Badgers have the depth and balance that should allow them to stay within shouting distance of UK. As long as UK's guards can get the ball into the hands of Lyles, Towns, and Cauley-Stein, there should be no outside jumpers taken.

The only way that Wisconsin can beat UK is to keep Kaminsky and Decker on the court for nearly 40 minutes. The 'Cats need to force both of them to play defense on every possession. There is no way that both players should be able to avoid foul trouble against Kentucky's size and depth.
Wisconsin is probably our toughest game all season at this point. It's a 50/50.
If we let Decker and Kaminsky have their shots UK will lose.
Kentucky SHOULD have lost last night...
but they didn't.

You had to think they weren't going to answer the bell and have an off game - and last night was that night.

If they found a way to win that one, they should win out.
Duh, Kentucky cannot be beat. IMPOSSIBLE. I ashamed of anyone who thinks UK could possibly lose!
Idk...
Never thought Notre Dame woulda gave us a game.
All year long though in college basketball it seems I pick them to lose or be a close game then they win by blowout.
Just never know what you're going to get with this bunch seems like. But they win, that's all that matters.
I will be shocked if the winner of the UK-Wisconsin game does not win the title. Gonzaga actually did a great job defensively against Duke and Okafor did not look impressive against Gonzaga's big men. The Zags just missed a lot of open shots that they normally make and they were -10 in turnovers.

If the 'Cats get either Kaminsky or Decker in foul trouble, then they should cruise to the title.
^
Agreed.

Don't get me started on the fact that Mich St. shouldn't be anywhere near the final four in what turned out to be the worst region ive ever seen, but Duke is not UK.
I also don't think Wisconsin is UK either, or anywhere close to it really.

All it takes is for UK to play there game. That is all. That is all they need to do to finish 40-0. Nothing else. The chances of Dekker and the rest of them shooting a ridiculous amount of 3's again is slim to none, but even if they did, teams have played the game of there lives against us all year and weve still won. One thing that can happen is Kaminsky comes out and picks up two early fouls and UK trounces them. Im not worried about our defense. If Wisky tries to play like ND, let them. Most likely they will see the same result ND did. Anything is possible this time of year, but unless KY lays an egg, I do not see them losing.
Ballers Wrote:Idk...
Never thought Notre Dame woulda gave us a game.
All year long though in college basketball it seems I pick them to lose or be a close game then they win by blowout.
Just never know what you're going to get with this bunch seems like. But they win, that's all that matters.
Notre Dame played the game of their season! I didn't watch them a whole lot during regular season, but I saw a couple of their games. I truly believe that they could not have played any better than they played against UK.

Hoot Gibson Wrote:I will be shocked if the winner of the UK-Wisconsin game does not win the title. Gonzaga actually did a great job defensively against Duke and Okafor did not look impressive against Gonzaga's big men. The Zags just missed a lot of open shots that they normally make and they were -10 in turnovers.

If the 'Cats get either Kaminsky or Decker in foul trouble, then they should cruise to the title.
In one of Calipari's exit interviews he said that UK missed 8 shots from 1 foot away... So did Gonzaga. If these two teams played 10 times, Zaga would win 5 out of them.

Somebody needs to play a head game with Kaminsky. I believe he would be an easy target for that. He certainly uses it.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Agreed.

Don't get me started on the fact that Mich St. shouldn't be anywhere near the final four in what turned out to be the worst region ive ever seen, but Duke is not UK.
I also don't think Wisconsin is UK either, or anywhere close to it really.

All it takes is for UK to play there game. That is all. That is all they need to do to finish 40-0. Nothing else. The chances of Dekker and the rest of them shooting a ridiculous amount of 3's again is slim to none, but even if they did, teams have played the game of there lives against us all year and weve still won. One thing that can happen is Kaminsky comes out and picks up two early fouls and UK trounces them. Im not worried about our defense. If Wisky tries to play like ND, let them. Most likely they will see the same result ND did. Anything is possible this time of year, but unless KY lays an egg, I do not see them losing.

I don't know if manipulation is possible in these brackets or not. If it isn't, then Duke is the luckiest team in the field of 68! They have had a cake walk to the Final 4, except for the Gonzaga game.
Michigan State def doesn't belong in the final 4.
But they only lost to Duke by 10 this year so, maybe they pull the upset.
KickPuntPass Wrote:Who could be a threat to kentucky in the tournament?

Wisconsin............."O WAIT" I didn't see the date lol!Confusednicker:
Confusednicker: