Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County / Johnson Central 15th Region Championship
Tomorrow night at 7. Thoughts / Predictions?
Eagles 4 peat.
I love my dawgs but it would be a hugh upset if the dogs win, they just don't have anybody that can handle kyle down low.
I'm going with the Bulldogs. If they come out and play like they're capable of playing they'll beat JC. Should be a good one.
JC will 4 peat but I believe this will be a good game. Who knows march madness
Johnson Central 80 LC 72.
Central is looking to join some very very select company as a 4 peat champion in the 15th Region. As for Lawrence? They are making their 2nd 15th region championship appearance ever, the first being in 2009.

Two completely different, and contrasting styles in this one. Central has been here before, they have the experience, discipline, and will try and control the pace of the game early on, try and get Lawrence out of rhythm.

LC on the other hand, it's pretty obvious what they want to do, run and gun all the way. Big issue will be keeping the Dalton kid #10 out of early foul trouble, that hindered him against SC, even though he still played a decent game, he will primarily be facing up against Gullett which will be a great match-up. Central is really going to have to hit the boards hard to get second chance opportunities, but mainly to prevent Lawrence on getting out on the fast break which is what they like to do.

Hopefully this is a close game to finish out the 15th region tournament. Best of luck to both teams as they play for Rupp.
For what it's worth....

JC beat Lawrence 81-59 on Jan. 20 @ JC.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
-STAT- Wrote:Central is looking to join some very very select company as a 4 peat champion in the 15th Region. As for Lawrence? They are making their 2nd 15th region championship appearance ever, the first being in 2009.

Two completely different, and contrasting styles in this one. Central has been here before, they have the experience, discipline, and will try and control the pace of the game early on, try and get Lawrence out of rhythm.

LC on the other hand, it's pretty obvious what they want to do, run and gun all the way. Big issue will be keeping the Dalton kid #10 out of early foul trouble, that hindered him against SC, even though he still played a decent game, he will primarily be facing up against Gullett which will be a great match-up. Central is really going to have to hit the boards hard to get second chance opportunities, but mainly to prevent Lawrence on getting out on the fast break which is what they like to do.

Hopefully this is a close game to finish out the 15th region tournament. Best of luck to both teams as they play for Rupp.

1934-1937 - Inez (1935 & 1936 Semi-Finals, 1937 Runners-Up)

1995-1998 - Paintsville (1996 State Champions, 1997 Semi-Finals, 1998 Runners-Up)
JC is playing better than anyone in the region, I look for JC to dominate and put it away early like they did against SV and PCC, they are just too focused and in opinion a better team than last years squad... JC 85 LC 68
Bigbluefanatic Wrote:Yea Parsley would made up the difference he is not if not the best in the 15th he is at least in the top 2, his ability to score and take care of the ball would have been enough to beat LC by double digits....

Previous prediction you made. I'm not saying LC will win, not saying that they will lose. But I absolutely don't believe this is going to be the blowout you predict.
JC should have a lot more titles win their enrollment size.
Pulling for the Dawgs tonight.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:For what it's worth....

JC beat Lawrence 81-59 on Jan. 20 @ JC.

Not worth much on March 10th

Timmy Dalton didn't play. This game was tied right before half and LC had around 7 numerous times in the 2nd half before a late run set the final margin.
It will be tough for Lawrence to come back with a stellar game after last night big come back. I ve seen both play I like Lawrence in a close one tonight but I can see Johnson cent winning also. Its hard to win the region 4 straight years. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH Lawrence 67 Johnson cent 65 OT
Warthog Wrote:JC should have a lot more titles win their enrollment size.
Pulling for the Dawgs tonight.
Dead on with this one... been saying this for years. JC has the largest enrollment of any school in North or South Eastern Kentucky. They are finally doing what they should have been doing for years now with the talent pool they have.
I think this one will be closer than some may think. I'll go with LC in a close one. Good Luck
JC has had a much easier road than LC.. This game all depends on LC's recovery time. JC has been winning games in the first half in the tournament but haven't closed them out well all season. LC has been playing better second half ball. If its close at halftime it's any ones game IMO.
Lc 10+
KyRock Wrote:Lc 10+

Gosh
That would be alright
KyRock Wrote:Lc 10+

I believe you're predicting more with your heart than your head there KyRock. LC can play some awesome ball when they are on their game, which they haven't been save a few times this season. But so can JC. Mason Blair hasn't had a big game in a while and no one can stop Gullett. JC by 7
IF.... JC plays inside out, they beat Lawrence.

JC can run but Lawrence seems to have a team tailor made to run and gun.

JC HAS TO POUND Lawrence INSIDE!!!! Rice, Gullett and Pack needs to take the ball to the rim and finish! If the 3 ball is there, let that be a bonus. Land hard body shots early in the game.

Lawrence will hit some 3's and they will make a run.
And yes, I know this happened last season.... but JC showed they can keep their heads when they beat Campbell County in the last few seconds in the Sweet 16.
JC's Seniors have not lost a Regional Final. That experience and expectation will pay off. I will go with JC by 9.
We're discussing a possible 4peat of which only two other schools in this region (one defunct) have done yet Johnson Central hasn't had enough titles?

...ooookay.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:1934-1937 - Inez (1935 & 1936 Semi-Finals, 1937 Runners-Up)

1995-1998 - Paintsville (1996 State Champions, 1997 Semi-Finals, 1998 Runners-Up)

kaylamoore Wrote:We're discussing a possible 4peat of which only two other schools in this region (one defunct) have done yet Johnson Central hasn't had enough titles?

...ooookay.

Great minds think alike.
With the AWESOME ticket window at the Expo.... you'd better be in line at 4:30 to get a ticket and make it inside before the game starts.

1 window open and the printers malfunction more than they work. Come on Expo center..... get with it. It's bad enough having to drive to Pikeville, then stand in line for 25-30 minutes trying to get tickets.

It's almost a joke... not too mention the wonderful parking situation.
^ No doubt about that! Also heard there was no pre-sale of tickets so everyone will be in line waiting.
If I wasn't killed out from driving to the Arena every night, I would LOVE to see this game!!
Not to get either fan base riled up here but which of these teams if any have the best chance to compete against Ballard first round at state?
Neither may have to check the 14th region to find someone who could compete with that...
Pulp Fiction Wrote:With the AWESOME ticket window at the Expo.... you'd better be in line at 4:30 to get a ticket and make it inside before the game starts.

1 window open and the printers malfunction more than they work. Come on Expo center..... get with it. It's bad enough having to drive to Pikeville, then stand in line for 25-30 minutes trying to get tickets.

It's almost a joke... not too mention the wonderful parking situation.

Ticket window is slow and parking is not great but still beats any high school parking lot in the region.

There is no other venue in the region that would seat so many people comfortably.