Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 76 Jackson County 58
Not as close as the final score indicates. Clay subbed and Jackson cut into what was right at a 30 point lead.
Great win for the tigers. Best they have looked on defense. And probably the most unselfish they have played all year.
Congrats to Tigers
Congrats Clay. I think Clay walks to a region title. (Unless they feel the same way.) I think Williamsburg is their biggest threat. They match up really well with Clay, and are anchored by seniors.
If we play defense...... There isn't a threat in the region....tonight was a good defensive effort and a great display of unselfish basketball....I believe just like last year Marcum has flipped that switch again and teams will see it next week.
Not worried about any team in the region. However, I do respect the opponents. The only way Knox Central beats Clay County is by running. Robert will be ready if they were to meet up again. Remember, although Knox Central has had Clay's number, 2 of the 3 games have been on the road. This year was also done without Blake Smith and Trey Farmer playing the last few minutes, losing by 4. I would be lying if I said I didn't want Barbourville in the first round. Should be another exciting regional tournament. I'm sure all of Clay County will be there.
Congratulations Clay County Tigers. :worthy:
Great job by the Tigers!
Congrats to Coach Marcum and the Clay County Tigers!
Go Big Clay!
Congrats to Clay county. If they play the way they did tonight. I think they not only win the region but will win a game or 2 at Rupp
UKCC Wrote:Not worried about any team in the region. However, I do respect the opponents. The only way Knox Central beats Clay County is by running. Robert will be ready if they were to meet up again. Remember, although Knox Central has had Clay's number, 2 of the 3 games have been on the road. This year was also done without Blake Smith and Trey Farmer playing the last few minutes, losing by 4. I would be lying if I said I didn't want Barbourville in the first round. Should be another exciting regional tournament. I'm sure all of Clay County will be there.
Don't forget KC has played all year with one and two starters OUT all year ... When we get healthy for region CC won't be a factor farmer didn't play the last minutes because he couldn't keep up !!!!
Throwitdown Wrote:Don't forget KC has played all year with one and two starters OUT all year ... When we get healthy for region CC won't be a factor farmer didn't play the last minutes because he couldn't keep up !!!!

You have about 5 days to "get healthy". What are you going to do when the game is slowed down and those 3's from your role players aren't falling in the Arena like they do at home?
Dominating performance for the Tigers. Good luck to JC at the arena next week. Hope they knock someone off. I figured North would be there super bowl though. Hope for a good draw. But if we play the way we did tonight I don't think it matters
UKCC Wrote:You have about 5 days to "get healthy". What are you going to do when the game is slowed down and those 3's from your role players aren't falling in the Arena like they do at home?

That's an easy answer .. We loose lol !!!!
Throwitdown Wrote:That's an easy answer .. We loose lol !!!!

Okay, I did not expect that response. Haha Honesty is the best policy.
Only way Knox plays Clay is if they draw in the same bracket.....if they are in different brackets..... Knox will not make it.....JMO
Unless Knox flames out to Barbourville. I would hate to be the Tigers if they drew Knox for game 1.
No worries
CraigEhlo Wrote:Unless Knox flames out to Barbourville. I would hate to be the Tigers if they drew Knox for game 1.

I think I would hate to be Knox if they draw Clay.......when was the last time Knox made it past the 2nd round???? Answer 2004..... On a neutral floor Clay is an 8-10 point better team.