Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impending Coaching Change @ Pikeville?
Rumors were definitely swirling last night after the SV vs Pikeville game. Sounds as though there will be a complete coaching change at Pikeville next year. Could it be that an in house hire will save the program? Does Pikeville allow administrators to coach?
I hope not. I think coach Williams is all class and a great coach. Just my opinion, I'll agree to disagree with anyone that differs
In my opinion it needs to happen, I know Coach Williams is a great man but I just feel as if it's time for a change.
It's probably time for a change for him and Pikeville. Decent coach, but Booher won't put up with a basketball program not even going to region.
Booher will try to get Elisha down there. Don't do it Elisha
Coach Williams is a great guy but Pikeville needs a change, a lot of great talent!
Class is nice, but eventually you gotta win SOMETHING. He was a great player from a great family, but can Pikeville do better...?
I would say it's time for a change. I would have thought Pikeville would have at least won their district hands down this year. A lot of people have told me there's a lot of talent walking the hallways that have either been discarded or just won't come out and play. There has to be a reason for that! Also, a lot of people have pointed out that though they sometimes have a lot of talent on their Freshmen roster, those kids aren't around when they are Juniors? Again, leaves one to wonder. Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. Also, it seems like there is a rumor every year that there will be a change.
Warthog Wrote:Booher will try to get Elisha down there. Don't do it Elisha

This is what I was thinking would happen. If Elisha doesn't get it, then it will probably be Booher.
Bart is a good coach and a good person, I hope they don't let him go.
Bart is a good coach and person but we hear this about coaches every year. If you want rumors I heard Elisha is the next coach at Shelby Valley. I keep hearing their coach is out after this year. Like I said just the talk on the street
sprucepinetiger Wrote:I would say it's time for a change. I would have thought Pikeville would have at least won their district hands down this year.

Eh, I tend to disagree with that. Going into the season, I thought Shelby Valley was the clear favorite to win the 59th district. With their group of seniors (Newsome, Richardson, Hamilton, Fields) combined with the junior Swindall, I felt that this should have been SV's best team since 2010. IMO, they have been a bit of a disappointment, losing games they should have won, and only finishing the regular season with a pedestrian 16-12 record.

Next year, though, Pikeville should be the clear favorite in the 59th. While SV loses the aforementioned senior class, and ER loses their senior trio of Miller, Hylton, and Chaney, the Panthers return a strong junior class that should contend for the regional title. If they give Bart one more year, 2016 could when he finally breaks through and heads to Rupp...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Eh, I tend to disagree with that. Going into the season, I thought Shelby Valley was the clear favorite to win the 59th district. With their group of seniors (Newsome, Richardson, Hamilton, Fields) combined with the junior Swindall, I felt that this should have been SV's best team since 2010. IMO, they have been a bit of a disappointment, losing games they should have won, and only finishing the regular season with a pedestrian 16-12 record.

Next year, though, Pikeville should be the clear favorite in the 59th. While SV loses the aforementioned senior class, and ER loses their senior trio of Miller, Hylton, and Chaney, the Panthers return a strong junior class that should contend for the regional title. If they give Bart one more year, 2016 could when he finally breaks through and heads to Rupp...
Well said Cowbell. You make a good point about Sv probably being the favorite this year. I just thought Pikeville would do a lot better than they did.
EJ will be your next coach at pikeville
Pikeville will eat Elijah alive if he doesn't get a bunch of high quality transfers. June Buchanan had 2, maybe 3 legit small college players on their team

So will Valley.
More Cowbell Wrote:Eh, I tend to disagree with that. Going into the season, I thought Shelby Valley was the clear favorite to win the 59th district. With their group of seniors (Newsome, Richardson, Hamilton, Fields) combined with the junior Swindall, I felt that this should have been SV's best team since 2010. IMO, they have been a bit of a disappointment, losing games they should have won, and only finishing the regular season with a pedestrian 16-12 record.

Fair enough..but I would have to say Pikeville had as much of a chance to win district as Shelby Valley...and maybe if not at SV ..who knows... but 2 years in a row of not finishing strong enough in a 3 team district (no disrespect to Piarist)...it wears a little thin...perhaps a change is needed..
Ever since 2002, things have gotten tougher for the schools. East Ridge has finished 2nd in that district 7 out of the 9 times they've made the tournament. Which mean only 4 times (3 in reality because of the 2009 super-district) only Shelby Valley and Pikeville have both advanced to the region. Pre2002 when Millard and Pike Central weren't very strong Pikeville and Valley had usually automatic tickets to the big dance. It's just increased competition in the district.
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:Fair enough..but I would have to say Pikeville had as much of a chance to win district as Shelby Valley...and maybe if not at SV ..who knows... but 2 years in a row of not finishing strong enough in a 3 team district (no disrespect to Piarist)...it wears a little thin...perhaps a change is needed..

You're probably right. If district had been at Pikeville, they might have won Wednesday night and Valley would be the team sitting at home for regionals. That SV might have very nearly missed the regional, with the talent they have this year, further underscores how much they have underachieved.

But Valley has a chance to make all that go away by winning next week at the Expo.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Real Badman Wrote:Ever since 2002, things have gotten tougher for the schools. East Ridge has finished 2nd in that district 7 out of the 9 times they've made the tournament. Which mean only 4 times (3 in reality because of the 2009 super-district) only Shelby Valley and Pikeville have both advanced to the region. Pre2002 when Millard and Pike Central weren't very strong Pikeville and Valley had usually automatic tickets to the big dance. It's just increased competition in the district.

I agree, the 59th has been very competitive since 2002. Getting that #1 seed has been so important, because you don't want to have to battle SV, ER, or Pikeville with your postseason life hanging in the balance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pikeville has won the District 3 of the past 5 years..... Coach Williams has been the only Coach at Pikeville to win 20 games three straight years....
I don't understand you and Cowbell saying SV was clear favorite starting this year. Pikeville returning starters with the addition of Skeens(defensive nightmare) and Meade made them the favorite. Lets face it Huffman could start on any team in the region. They also had May and Johnson back. The Battale kid is also a good player. To say SV underachieved is nonsense. They fought injuries all year,won the all A and Played well in the state tournament,won another District title. Come on Cowbell,you say you are a SV fan,give the boys and their coach the credit they deserve. I for one believe in giving credit where it is due. Please explain your reasoning.
I am sorry meant to say only Coach to win 20 wins in three straight seasons since John Bill Trivette....
Mjolnir Wrote:I don't understand you and Cowbell saying SV was clear favorite starting this year. Pikeville returning starters with the addition of Skeens(defensive nightmare) and Meade made them the favorite. Lets face it Huffman could start on any team in the region. They also had May and Johnson back. The Battale kid is also a good player. To say SV underachieved is nonsense. They fought injuries all year,won the all A and Played well in the state tournament,won another District title. Come on Cowbell,you say you are a SV fan,give the boys and their coach the credit they deserve. I for one believe in giving credit where it is due. Please explain your reasoning.

We will just have to disagree, but I still say that Valley was the clear favorite this year. I explained why earlier, but...

SV returned 3 strong seniors in Newsome, Richardson, and Hamilton. They also returned Hunter Swindall (who is at least as good if not better than Huffman of Pikeville) and Lamont Wright. Add in the ER transfer Fields, and you have a team should not have just won the 59th with ease, but also have been a top contender for the regional title.

I will give them credit for winning the 15th All-A, although it wasn't exactly a murderers row of opponents. Thanks to Sheldon Clark getting upset in the first round, SV only had to play Phelps, South Floyd, and Betsy Layne to win it. After SC got knocked out, Valley SHOULD have been expected to win, and they did. I suppose you could also give them credit for advancing to the second round of state All-A, but again, Campbellsville is a team that they SHOULD beat.

The reason why I say underachieved is that I look at the talent on that team, and I see a group that should not have had to barely squeak out of the first round of district just to get to regional. I have yet to see SV play to the level I know they are capable of reaching. If anything, I think that's a compliment.

I fully believe that this team is capable of beating Sheldon Clark, Johnson Central, or whoever they play in the Expo next week. They just have to prove it now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't know how this went from a Pikeville coaching change to talking about the Wildcats. Andrew Newsome has played with a broken bone in his leg, a severe sprang to his other ankle and a tendon problem on the bottom of his foot. He has made no excuses about his health and continued to play his ass off. No he is not 100 percent but he will play to the end. If you not like Valley stay your butt at home!!!!!!!
H2O Wrote:I don't know how this went from a Pikeville coaching change to talking about the Wildcats. Andrew Newsome has played with a broken bone in his leg, a severe sprang to his other ankle and a tendon problem on the bottom of his foot. He has made no excuses about his health and continued to play his ass off. No he is not 100 percent but he will play to the end. If you not like Valley stay your butt at home!!!!!!!
I don't know either,people saying the Wildcats Underachieved!! Andrew has played hurt all season,Swindall hurt knee, Hamilton injured. Cowbell must have His/Her Own ax to Grind.
After scounting a few games at Pikeville this year, I noticed that Coach Williams dad has been walking from one side of the gym to other to set with a man before the varsity basketball games at Pikeville. Just found out that the man he sets with is the board chair for Pikeville. Does dad see the writing on the wall? Is he trying to save his sons job?
BlueSky Wrote:Pikeville has won the District 3 of the past 5 years..... Coach Williams has been the only Coach at Pikeville to win 20 games three straight years....

He won district with some of the best talent Pikeville has seen in years. But he is unable to take his team to a region championship.

20 wins has a nice ring to it. But if your at home with the rest of teams at the end of day what does 20 wins really mean?
Diogenes Wrote:Class is nice, but eventually you gotta win SOMETHING. He was a great player from a great family, but can Pikeville do better...?

Pikeville can do better.
Guys, lets face it. Pikeville should have done a lot better than they did. Team morale is down, parent's morale is down. Not a good situation. Case in point...Does anyone remember Coach Williams yelling at a parent in the stands during the Johnson Central game? A Pikeville parent by the way, to be clear. Stuff like that shouldn't be happening. Unless he is being physically threatened or something, why should a coach worry about what a parent is saying in the stands? Remember what I said about better talent walking the halls than what is sitting on the bench? It's like having a gun that holds 15 bullets but saying, ah I'll just put 6 or 7 in here and hope for the best. I think a breath of fresh air might do the program good.
It don't matter spruce, Pikeville better stick to football or baseball. They are not very good at basketball.