Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All district team for class A district 8
Who gets your vote for 1st and 2nd team performers.
Is this list composed of seniors only? Or players from every class?
Whoever should make in your guys opinion.
Daniel Harmon at TB
Pugh and Olinger at QB
The Honaker twins at LB
olinger - qb
Johnathon Taylor LB
Hazard: Tyler Olinger, Colby Hoskins, Michael Campbell, Joey Meehan, Jared Meehan, the kicker, and #65
Pikeville: Daniel Harmon, Casey Rowe, Max Paufunda, Ted Honaker, Tim Honaker, Brad Bryant and Jacob Sword
Paintsville: Daniel Pugh, Kyle Sublett, J.J. Hensley, Corey Humphrey, and Casey Brown
Jenkins: Chris Puckett, Jonathan Taylor, and Richardson
Phelps: Robert Gannon, Russell Johnson and Steven Sullivan
South Floyd: Anthony Barker
Allen Central: Chris Stumbo and Alex Hammonds

Coach of the Year: Hazard's Mark Dixon

They didn't do it by positions last year, just teams. So this is just my guess as to what it could look like. I appologize to Hazard's kicker and #65 I couldn't remember their names and didn't have time to pull out the game film.
[QUOTE=The Blue Blur]Hazard:
Coach of the Year: Hazard's Mark DixonQUOTE]

I'll give Hazard's coach prop's for what he did this past season, but I don't think he should get the coach of the year award, Matney from JCHS deff. deserve's it for what he's done with the program in three short years
Panther#42 Wrote:[QUOTE=The Blue Blur]Hazard:
Coach of the Year: Hazard's Mark DixonQUOTE]

I'll give Hazard's coach prop's for what he did this past season, but I don't think he should get the coach of the year award, Matney from JCHS deff. deserve's it for what he's done with the program in three short years

I wasn't talking about for the state, area, or even the 15th region. JC's in a different class, I was just talking specifically for Class A District 8 since that is what this thread was about. Matney is definitely deserving for their district, region, area and even possibly state.
The Blue Blur Wrote:[QUOTE=Panther#42]

I wasn't talking about for the state, area, or even the 15th region. JC's in a different class, I was just talking specifically for Class A District 8 since that is what this thread was about. Matney is definitely deserving for their district, region, area and even possibly state.

Oh, I wasn't sure what you meant, sorry. Well in that case yes Hazard's coach would proably get it
The Blue Blur Wrote:Hazard: Tyler Olinger, Colby Hoskins, Michael Campbell, Joey Meehan, Jared Meehan, the kicker, and #65
Pikeville: Daniel Harmon, Casey Rowe, Max Paufunda, Ted Honaker, Tim Honaker, Brad Bryant and Jacob Sword
Paintsville: Daniel Pugh, Kyle Sublett, J.J. Hensley, Corey Humphrey, and Casey Brown

They didn't do it by positions last year, just teams. So this is just my guess as to what it could look like. I appologize to Hazard's kicker and #65 I couldn't remember their names and didn't have time to pull out the game film.

Okay so was Gannon on Phelps' team this year, I think I had him confused with Robinette. If that is so, I'd say just Sullivan and Johnson for Phelps then.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Hazard: Tyler Olinger, Colby Hoskins, Michael Campbell, Joey Meehan, Jared Meehan, the kicker, and #65

Gannon didnt play this year
mcharles3 Wrote:Gannon didnt play this year

Thanks for the info, I didn't think so. I remember Gannon from last year but didn't get to catch the game this year so I didn't know.
Okay is this topic that boring that no one has anything else to add or did I kill the thread?? I mean I figured I'd at least get some yay's or nay's, there's no way everyone agrees with me.
I don't know if I would put the Hensley boy in there or Casey Brown for Paintsville. Sublett and Pugh are definates, Humphries is a maybe.
BIGBLACK Wrote:I don't know if I would put the Hensley boy in there or Casey Brown for Paintsville. Sublett and Pugh are definates, Humphries is a maybe.
I agree.
Lineman: Ryan Shurtleff, #75 from Phelps, a kid from Hazard, Brad Bryant, Clay Elliott. You guys name the rest, then I'll make a voting sheet then I'll compile the info and give you 1st and 2nd team selections BGR style.
I thought Shurtleff had graduated last year. #75 from Phelps, there is no way. He was just a big kid and they put him in the backfield, all I seen him do this year was fall forwards. #65 from Hazard was their best lineman, and I watched them play 4 or 5 times this year. I agree with Brad Bryant and who is Clay Elliott?? Here is the list from last year, you count the lineman from it, both offensive and defensive. There are only 4 or 5, maybe 6 and 7 if you count Andrew Brown (DE/OLB) and Jeff Collett who made it as a punter.

Paintsville: Daniel Pugh, Wes Ward, Hans Doderer, T.J. Freno, Johnny Porter, Andrew Brown and Jeff Collett
Pikeville: Will Lockhart, Tim Champlin, Weston Robinson, John Michael Mayo and Ryan Erlanger
Hazard: Durrell Olinger, Chucky O'Steen, Matt Turner, Preston Smith, Justin Wallace and Jimmy Miller
Phelps: Russell Johnson, Cody Salyer and Robert Gannon
Jenkins: Jake Johnson and Chris Puckett
South Floyd: Justin Slone and Ryan Johnson
Allen Central: Robbie Vanderpool and Gordon Lafferty
BIGBLACK Wrote:I don't know if I would put the Hensley boy in there or Casey Brown for Paintsville. Sublett and Pugh are definates, Humphries is a maybe.

J.J. Hensley is a really good lineman, I have to say about the only offensive lineman the Tigers had. Casey Brown led the team in sacks. Humphrey had around 40 catches and 500 yards receiving not to mention around 200 yards rushing, 100 passing along with around 10 total TD's. Had to drag an Eagle fan into to it, to get a discussion going. Thanks for getting us started BIGBLACK, you all should have quite a few on the all-district and all-area teams.
The Blue Blur Wrote:J.J. Hensley is a really good lineman, I have to say about the only offensive lineman the Tigers had. Casey Brown led the team in sacks. Humphrey had around 40 catches and 500 yards receiving not to mention around 200 yards rushing, 100 passing along with around 10 total TD's. Had to drag an Eagle fan into to it, to get a discussion going. Thanks for getting us started BIGBLACK, you all should have quite a few on the all-district and all-area teams.

Not a problem Blur. I did not know Humphrey had those kind of stats. I only watched the Tigers one game this season, that being the Apple Bowl. So I would include him then. During the Apple Bowl, I thought the only two Paintsville players that were focused was Sublett and Pugh. Pugh didn't do much on either side of the ball, but his attitude and play from last season should have been a great indicator on how he did this past season. I know JC didn't get much when they ran it to Sublett's side during the game, until they broke it outside the tackles. Anything else he made a stop for normally a 2-3 yard gain. I honestly think Sublett is under rated, and may have been the best player on that Paintsville team from what I saw. I agree we should have quite a few players on that All-District team. I am thinking maybe 9-10, and we should have the Regional POY in Grim.
Blue Blur, clean out your inbox so I can respond to your private message. Thanks
anybody know this season's team yet.
The Blue Blur Wrote:I thought Shurtleff had graduated last year. #75 from Phelps, there is no way. He was just a big kid and they put him in the backfield, all I seen him do this year was fall forwards. #65 from Hazard was their best lineman, and I watched them play 4 or 5 times this year. I agree with Brad Bryant and who is Clay Elliott?? Here is the list from last year, you count the lineman from it, both offensive and defensive. There are only 4 or 5, maybe 6 and 7 if you count Andrew Brown (DE/OLB) and Jeff Collett who made it as a punter.

Paintsville: Daniel Pugh, Wes Ward, Hans Doderer, T.J. Freno, Johnny Porter, Andrew Brown and Jeff Collett
Pikeville: Will Lockhart, Tim Champlin, Weston Robinson, John Michael Mayo and Ryan Erlanger
Hazard: Durrell Olinger, Chucky O'Steen, Matt Turner, Preston Smith, Justin Wallace and Jimmy Miller

all the hazard players in this list are from last year, they have already graduated.
Daniel Harmon
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:all the hazard players in this list are from last year, they have already graduated.

He was posting last years All-District team as for comparison to this years team.
BIGBLACK Wrote:He was posting last years All-District team as for comparison to this years team.
my bad
The Blue Blur Wrote:I thought Shurtleff had graduated last year. #75 from Phelps, there is no way. He was just a big kid and they put him in the backfield, all I seen him do this year was fall forwards. #65 from Hazard was their best lineman, and I watched them play 4 or 5 times this year. I agree with Brad Bryant and who is Clay Elliott?? Here is the list from last year, you count the lineman from it, both offensive and defensive. There are only 4 or 5, maybe 6 and 7 if you count Andrew Brown (DE/OLB) and Jeff Collett who made it as a punter.

who the heck is Ryan Erlanger?
No kidding. Who is Ryan Erlanger?
TRAIN85 Wrote:No kidding. Who is Ryan Erlanger?

How about Ryan Shurtleff?
Shurtleff was a big part of Pikeville's D this year... Great player and a great guy