Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 2016 recruiting
Currently stand at 10th in the nation per 24/7. Very early, but this class is already shaping up well.
8 commitments. 3 are four stars. 5 are three stars.
Now, we compare that to last years class (which finished ranked 38th with only 3 stars out of 21 commits) and it looks very good to begin.

http://kentucky.247sports.com/Season/201...ll/Commits
There is a list of Kentucky's current commit list.
Two new commitments since this morning, moving the class up to 4th in the nation. 2 more three stars. Ben Snell, RB out of Westerville, Ohio. And AJ Rose from Cleveland. The class now has 10 commits.
Good start to 2016. Hopefully, there will be some more four stars and maybe even a five star.
Axel Foley Wrote:Good start to 2016. Hopefully, there will be some more four stars and maybe even a five star.

There will definitely be several more four stars. For a fact. Whether we get a five star or not will probably depend on the on the field success this coming season. Most five stars don't decide till near National Signing Day.
Need one or two 5 stars to this class.
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:There will definitely be several more four stars. For a fact. Whether we get a five star or not will probably depend on the on the field success this coming season. Most five stars don't decide till near National Signing Day.

You are correct. Most of the five stars don't decide until near National Signing Day. I would like to land one or two.
Key will be keeping them. As we saw, a class can unravel quickly. The 2015 class was very strong at one point. Then the mass exodus began. Kids these days seem to be committing to "hold a spot", then they begin to look around.
Axel Foley Wrote:You are correct. Most of the five stars don't decide until near National Signing Day. I would like to land one or two.

We need a five star coach instead of the two star guy we have now!
Give it a break.. go root for UL.
UKisN1 Wrote:Give it a break.. go root for UL.

Basketball only fan? smh.
[Image:

]
UKisN1 Wrote:Give it a break.. go root for UL.

If Kentucky hired a basketball coach that had no head coaching experience at the college level the fans would be throwing a fit! Some of you guys on here will except POOP just so long as the media tells you it is Apple butter! Last season the SEC East was terrible it was clearly the weakest SEC East since the league went to 2 divisions and Stoops still can't do anything! Bud Dupree ran a 4.5 with a 42 inch vertical, his measurable jumps were better than Javon Clowney! D. Smith also has a great shot at being a first round draft pick also! In other Words Stoops had two NFL first round draft picks combined with supposedly the best 2 recruiting classes in UK football history, playing in the weakest SEC east in history and he has to get lucky to beat a DOWN South Carolina and a weak Vandy team! Stoops had a veteran O-Line and a QB that was 4 Star recruit who had some game experience. What's is going to take, the 85' Bears defense combined with the rest of the SEC East on probation????
Comparing apples to oranges.
I swear I don't think half of the people on here that say they're UK fans through and through but yet are ready to jump ship when they don't have a good season and are already wanting a new head coach just in year 3 of the current head coach. I know how true blue their blood is....smh....Wouldn't be happy/satisfied with whoever was coaching UK

ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY!
Amen SK!
Strikeout King Wrote:I swear I don't think half of the people on here that say they're UK fans through and through but yet are ready to jump ship when they don't have a good season and are already wanting a new head coach just in year 3 of the current head coach. I know how true blue their blood is....smh....Wouldn't be happy/satisfied with whoever was coaching UK

ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY!

Dude they gave Stoops a big raise last year and he hadn't done anything! UK football had a great coach when they had Rich brooks a coach that was putting a respectable team on the field. Did Brooks get a new recruiting room or any stadium upgrades??? Hell no that's the reason he retired! Brooks stated on more than one occasion that he never got what he needed to take UK football to the next level! I know the history of UK football. I know how great a coach Jerry Claiborne was! I know what a offensive genius Hal Mumme was! The UK football job is a tough job and it requires a coach with some head coaching experience! Even the great Paul Bear Bryant had coached at Maryland before coaching at Kentucky!! Now with that said how about asking the Arizona fans about the Stoop's coaching family? Arizona fans heard the same song and dance that Kentucky fans are hearing now!
You do realize, that the players that Stoops had to work with were Jokers right? These next two recruiting classes are Stoops. Stoops was given raises for SEC Wins (which most coaches across the nation to get raises for conference wins), he's put Kentucky on the map when it comes to recruiting, better than Joker and better than Brooks. Brooks did get some great recruits but nothing like Stoops.

Like I said, Rome Wasn't Built in a Day....Now if Stoops doesn't get to a bowl game within the next couple of years then I will say that something needs to be done but as for right now, no way...He's doing stuff that no other coach at Kentucky could do...
Strikeout King Wrote:You do realize, that the players that Stoops had to work with were Jokers right? These next two recruiting classes are Stoops. Stoops was given raises for SEC Wins (which most coaches across the nation to get raises for conference wins), he's put Kentucky on the map when it comes to recruiting, better than Joker and better than Brooks. Brooks did get some great recruits but nothing like Stoops.

Like I said, Rome Wasn't Built in a Day....Now if Stoops doesn't get to a bowl game within the next couple of years then I will say that something needs to be done but as for right now, no way...He's doing stuff that no other coach at Kentucky could do...

About 75% of last years starters were Joker recruits. Keep in mind that at the start of last football season Stoops had 2 of his own full recruiting classes to work with! The fact is that Stoop's recruits couldn't beat the Joker recruits out at most positions! The best player on offense last season was Pat Towles a Joker recruit. The best player on defense was Bud Dupree another Joker recruit, 4 out of 5 offensive linemen were Joker recruits! IMO next season will tell the tale! SC will be much better, Florida will score points on anybody next year. It will take a miracle for Stoops to win more than 4 games next year! He will beat the 3 cupcakes and Vandy and that's about it! UK fans need to strike while the iron is hot and push Stoops out the door after his 4 win season next year!
Your out of your mind. It's a shame that these so called UK fans whine and complain because of UK football saying they need a new coach, blah blah blah, that's not a true UK fan. Joker got us buried and it's gonna take someone to get us out of it.

Stoops is the man for the job. So far, Stoops has gotten some of the best recruit classes in Kentucky history, he's got UK to re-do Commonwealth stadium, a new indoor practice facility among other things. No other coach has been able to do that yet.

You all wouldn't be happy if the best coach in the nation was coaching UK.

Fair Weathered Fans!!!
Strikeout King Wrote:Your out of your mind. It's a shame that these so called UK fans whine and complain because of UK football saying they need a new coach, blah blah blah, that's not a true UK fan. Joker got us buried and it's gonna take someone to get us out of it.

Stoops is the man for the job. So far, Stoops has gotten some of the best recruit classes in Kentucky history, he's got UK to re-do Commonwealth stadium, a new indoor practice facility among other things. No other coach has been able to do that yet.

You all wouldn't be happy if the best coach in the nation was coaching UK.

Fair Weathered Fans!!!

You are not looking at the facts man! I'm tired of hearing all about how JOKER destroyed the program! If Joker had left the program in as bad a shape as KSR and those clowns claim then tell me why 75% of last years starters were Joker recruits?? What does Darrian Miller, Jordan Swindle, Cole Mosier, Jon Toth, Pat Towles, Demarco Robinson and Dj Warren have in common??? They were ALL Starters last year on the UK offense and all were Joker recruits! What does Javess Blue, Reese Phillips and Joe Kemp have in common?? They were all recruits that committed to Joker that Stoops later signed and all were important on UKs depth chart! ! What does Bud Dupree, Fred Tiller Josh Forrest , Asheley Lowery, Khalid Henderson, Cody Quinn and Jabari Johnson have in common?? They were all Joker recruits that started at least one game on defense last year! Throw in punter Landon Foster and guys like Mike Douglas and Travon Paschal and thats a whole bunch of starters and key player that Stoops' recruits can't jump ahead of on the depth chart! You are not looking at the facts! Those recruiting services like 247 get a commission every time the UK media uses there STAR system results in a published writing! Winning games is what determines if a recruit is good, great or average! The Star system doesn't mean SH#%! Name one of Stoops recruits that has played like a 4 star recruit?? NONE is the answer! Stoops best win is against the worst South Carolina team coach Spurrier has had since his first year there!
Stoops has put UK on the map when it comes to recruiting. If anyone says different then you just need to find a new team to cheer for.

Has any coach before Stoops even had a top 50 recruiting class? Each year stoops has been there he's been in the top 20 even had the #1 class at one point.

Stoops had done great things since he's been there.

He was screwed out of the Florida win. Has any other UK coach went to Florida and came within a point or so of beating the gators? I don't think so much less push them to the limit.

I hate to tell you but I don't think half the kids you mentioned were joker recruits. Never heard of Blue, Kemp nor Phillips until Stoops arrived. Not saying your wrong but I usually keep up with that stuff and never heard of them until stoops got here.

All I'm saying is that this years class and next years class is all Stoops. So let's wait and see how it goes before jumping ship.
Also, Stoops redshirted most of his best recruits from the 2014 class.. thats why they didn't start over Joker's players. You will see their impact in 2015.
[Image:

]
Strikeout King Wrote:Stoops has put UK on the map when it comes to recruiting. If anyone says different then you just need to find a new team to cheer for.

Has any coach before Stoops even had a top 50 recruiting class? Each year stoops has been there he's been in the top 20 even had the #1 class at one point.

Stoops had done great things since he's been there.

He was screwed out of the Florida win. Has any other UK coach went to Florida and came within a point or so of beating the gators? I don't think so much less push them to the limit.

I hate to tell you but I don't think half the kids you mentioned were joker recruits. Never heard of Blue, Kemp nor Phillips until Stoops arrived. Not saying your wrong but I usually keep up with that stuff and never heard of them until stoops got here.

All I'm saying is that this years class and next years class is all Stoops. So let's wait and see how it goes before jumping ship.

Every Kid I listed was a Joker recruit. Joker's last recruiting class included Pat Towles, Landon Foster, Jon Toth, Jordan Swindle , Fred Tiller, Khalid Henderson, Cody Quinn, and Zach Meyers and each and everyone started at least one game last year! Kids like Thomas Chapman, Patrick Gaffree, Langston Newton, Demarcus Sweat, Jalan Whitlow and Dyshawn Mobley were kids in that same class that Stoops forced out of the program. Newton was a starter at Purdue last year, Sweat was being recruited by Auburn and Ole Miss after a couple years of JR college, Dyshawn Mobley was the OVC offensive player of the year last year. Each and everyone of these kids are from ONE recruiting class Joker's 2012 class. Clearly I have shown proof that Joker left the program in better shape than Stoop's and the media claim! IF these kids can't play and don't belong in the SEC then why is Stoop's playing them??? Recruiting rankings may mean a lot too you but they don't mean a heel of beans to me! Marks Stoops has a career record of 7-17 in his 2 seasons as UK football coach Joker was 13-24 so for Stoops to have better record than Joker after 3 season he will need to win 7 games this coming season. IMO Stoops has ZERO chance of winning 7 games this coming year! It will be interesting to hear what his excuse is! If Joker left the program in such awful shape STOP PLAYING HIS RECRUITS AND PLAY THE MARK STOOPS RECRUITS!!!!
honestjchsfan Wrote:Every Kid I listed was a Joker recruit. Joker's last recruiting class included Pat Towles, Landon Foster, Jon Toth, Jordan Swindle , Fred Tiller, Khalid Henderson, Cody Quinn, and Zach Meyers and each and everyone started at least one game last year! Kids like Thomas Chapman, Patrick Gaffree, Langston Newton, Demarcus Sweat, Jalan Whitlow and Dyshawn Mobley were kids in that same class that Stoops forced out of the program. Newton was a starter at Purdue last year, Sweat was being recruited by Auburn and Ole Miss after a couple years of JR college, Dyshawn Mobley was the OVC offensive player of the year last year. Each and everyone of these kids are from ONE recruiting class Joker's 2012 class. Clearly I have shown proof that Joker left the program in better shape than Stoop's and the media claim! IF these kids can't play and don't belong in the SEC then why is Stoop's playing them??? Recruiting rankings may mean a lot too you but they don't mean a heel of beans to me! Marks Stoops has a career record of 7-17 in his 2 seasons as UK football coach Joker was 13-24 so for Stoops to have better record than Joker after 3 season he will need to win 7 games this coming season. IMO Stoops has ZERO chance of winning 7 games this coming year! It will be interesting to hear what his excuse is! If Joker left the program in such awful shape STOP PLAYING HIS RECRUITS AND PLAY THE MARK STOOPS RECRUITS!!!!

So your really going to sit upperclassmen and playing freshmen. Those kids played because they have experience and the stoops kids don't as of just yet. I don't every member Joker getting JO JO kemp to come to Kentucky. He became because of Stoops. He is doing a marverous job and excellent recruiting. I hope he offers the Daniel kid from Paintsville. He is just as fast as Micah Johnson. and he played MLB for Kentucky. Kentucky should have a good defense this year. I think Forrest is senior this year. And he was excellent at Linebacker.
bac2369 Wrote:So your really going to sit upperclassmen and playing freshmen. Those kids played because they have experience and the stoops kids don't as of just yet. I don't every member Joker getting JO JO kemp to come to Kentucky. He became because of Stoops. He is doing a marverous job and excellent recruiting. I hope he offers the Daniel kid from Paintsville. He is just as fast as Micah Johnson. and he played MLB for Kentucky. Kentucky should have a good defense this year. I think Forrest is senior this year. And he was excellent at Linebacker.

If you remember Joe Kemp played a HS game on national TV on ESPN he was committed to UK long before Stoops was ever hired so was Reese Phillips. There is some logic in the point that you make but IMO if Stoop's recruits were as good as so many claim MORE would have started last year! 75% of the starters last year were JOKER recruits Stoops was 2 recruiting classes in last year. My point is the Media exaggerates how bad the UK program really was when Stoop's took over! Joker's second year at UK he went 5-7 and he beat UT 10-7 and lost to SEC East Champ UGA 19 to 10 Stoop's second year he loses to UT 50-16 and loses to UGA 63 to 31. Stoop's Defense gave up a average of 56.5 points a game compared to Joker's 8.5 points per game. Please explain to me how Stoops 5-7 is better than Joker's????? Come on UK football fans don't fall for the media BS!
Kentucky might land Austin Kendall. He's the #3 pro style quarterback on Rivals. I've watched his film, and he would be awesome to have. He recently de-committed from Tennessee.
Already 15 commits in this class. Ranked #5 on 24/7.
[Image:

]