Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 81 Clay County 77
Big win for the panthers
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Knox hands Clay first lose in the region..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Congrats Panthers!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Great win. Keep it rolling, now.
Congrats to Knox on the win. Clay had way too many turnovers and missed free throws. Clay has got to get back on defense as this is 2 teams that have beat them by beating them back down floor.
Congrats to KC on getting the win. I will agree with dunk about the turnovers and free throws. And the run outs. Knox cannot beat Clay in a half court game . Marcum should just send players back every trip. I also don't think Clay can beat knox in a shootout. Thought Smith looked really good tonight. Also was impressed with Marsee and how KC makes the right pass almost all the time. Hope Farmer is ok. And I agree these up and down games kill him in the 2nd half. Still this was a great game and fun to watch.
Nice win Panthers
I think I just watched the regionals final tonight. Confusederiously:
Is Farmer ok?
Wasn't there but sounded like Knox had a ton of run out points. Big games by Smith, Barger, and Marsee. I had Knox #1 in the preseason rankings with Clay #2. The Tigers have struggled with this club for 3 years, more so than any other team. Maybe the two can meet up in the regional tournament for once. What is the severity of Farmer? I assumed that he was gassed because it was such an up and down game. Clay had some life before Smith and Trey both went out. Nevertheless, Clay has to regroup for a tough match-up with Lexington Catholic before closing out the season at home against Estill. Would be happy if they could go 1 and 1. This season began with a lot of promise as far as an overall record but a trip to Rupp would suffice.
Knee injury of some sort
Congratulations Panthers on your victory!!!

Prayers for Farmer!! I hate injuries!!
If Smith and Farmer can ever click TOGETHER......instead of Farmer playing ball one half and Smith playing ball the other half........No one in the 13th can beat Clay.....with that said if all 5 guys doesn't start playing defense there are 4-5 teams that could very well knock us out come tourny time.
This was a nice win for Knox though......now if only they can get over the hump in the region....this could very well be the regional finals.
I would love to see Knox with their normal first five. Haven't been on the floor for 1 second together all year
I haven't seen Clay play very much this year; only 3 games, BUT Smith played every second of those games! Defense; however, may very well be Clay's Achilles heel!!
Granny Bear Wrote:I haven't seen Clay play very much this year; only 3 games, BUT Smith played every second of those games! Defense; however, may very well be Clay's Achilles heel!!

It just seems in the last 2 months that only one of them shows up per half....Smith will have 3 points in one half and 23 the next.....and Farmer will have 20 points in one half and 3 in the next.........It seems to be a trend....but I still think Smith overall (offense and defense) is the best player in the region...
Is there a New sheriff in town? Is Knox Central the favorite in 13th.
No new sheriff yet. Home court winter that could have went either way. Until someone beats Clay at the arena they are the favorite. ........and as far as Smith and Farmer both having big halfs, Smith assisted on 4 out of 5 farmers baskets in the 1st half. And I pretty sure at this point in the season Trey is not gonna get in any better shape so that's a lot of the reason he has poor second halfs. I think Smith is the one constant on this team. You know your gonna get 20pts a night and stellar defense. But IMO Wes Wolfe is the determining factor as how far this team goes. When Wes comes to play with energy and gets on the boards this is a whole different team. The blueprint is out there as to how to beat us. We have lost 3 games due to the fact of getting beat down the floor. Marcum corrects this and we walk through the region again.
Good win for the Panthers.
Clay just will not play defense like they are capable of.Step it up Clay and Knox just played great.I still think Clay comes out of our region.
Marcum needs to get all the guys in shape
Wreakit Wrote:Marcum needs to get all the guys in shape

I don't think many team run anymore at the end of practice like it was when I pkayed we run after every practice win or lose. The last week of the regular season we usually cut back and when District started we only had walk threws.
most teams today just go full court in practice and call that conditioning. We thought we was getting a day off if we got to go full court for half of a practice.
insideinfo Wrote:I don't think many team run anymore at the end of practice like it was when I pkayed we run after every practice win or lose. The last week of the regular season we usually cut back and when District started we only had walk threws.
most teams today just go full court in practice and call that conditioning. We thought we was getting a day off if we got to go full court for half of a practice.

You'd think after 26 games and all the practices these teenagers would be in some kind of shape, even without conditioning. The most successful coach in 13th region history and one of the most successful coaches in the state didn't even have a conditioning program and started backing practices off about this time every year. I'm not so sure they're out of shape as bad as some think.
I know one player in the starting 5 looks like he is about to die come 4th quarter every game. The thick beard and long hair probably don't help the cause.
If CC only had a big man, some guards that could score and play defense, some kids that were in shape and a desent coach we could have a twenty win season and back to back regional titles...If only...Tongueuke:
Lol
Clay is still the team to beat, but playing the region in the arena where the floor is bigger you better be in shape. Teams that push the ball may have an advantage Knox, Clay, Williamsburg, Whitley and Corbin would favor that bigger floor. South Laurel and North Laurel which depend on their bigs will have to keep the pace down and run 1/2 court offense or they may get gassed.
I have never seen it so evenly matched in the region, if you have an off night you will go home!
SKINNYPIG Wrote:You'd think after 26 games and all the practices these teenagers would be in some kind of shape, even without conditioning. The most successful coach in 13th region history and one of the most successful coaches in the state didn't even have a conditioning program and started backing practices off about this time every year. I'm not so sure they're out of shape as bad as some think.

I wasn't singling Clay out. I see a lot of teams that look out of shape to me.
1/4bak Wrote:Clay is still the team to beat, but playing the region in the arena where the floor is bigger you better be in shape. Teams that push the ball may have an advantage Knox, Clay, Williamsburg, Whitley and Corbin would favor that bigger floor. South Laurel and North Laurel which depend on their bigs will have to keep the pace down and run 1/2 court offense or they may get gassed.
I have never seen it so evenly matched in the region, if you have an off night you will go home!

Williamsburg, Whitley, South Laurel, and Corbin........only 2 of those will make region and if North doesn't get their act together Jackson County could very well knock them out in district.....so no worries Clay will be fine.