•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 2015
He will not be that good without a line in front of him, he will not find one there. What is the schedule. #1 you are in the know with everything else.
HCS Wrote:Scary good seems quite a stretch.
How good was the middle school team last fall? They were pretty good in the fall of 2013 and pretty bad for a couple of years before that.

They may have had the worse middle school teams in the state . We killed them. The last two years decent teams, not at all SCARY GOOD. They beat Williamsburg one year and lost to them last year I think. That was probably their toughest game.
Middle school is just that! Middle school and that doesn't guarantee nothing .. Coaches better develop kids or we will be in trouble for years to come..
TheBoz Wrote:He will not be that good without a line in front of him, he will not find one there. What is the schedule. #1 you are in the know with everything else.
I know no more than anyone else. I don't understand why you are so worried about their schedule...Pineville will be on there I am sure. And just maybe you can actually Win this year. Our QB is better as a freshman than most are in higher grades. He earned his place. I am worried about their line just as you are. But if you have a smart coach and you know where the weakness are, there is plenty of time to fix it. You will see a different attitude when Middlesboro takes the field in 2015, it's going take a couple of years to rebuild. So, Boyz...only worry about what you all need to do as a team and lets see what happens.
The last two years they have been very good in middle school ball. This past fall they went 9-2, losing to Williamsburg in the championship. They beat Bell, Whitley, and Cumberland to name a few. The year before, they won their conference, beating Williamsburg in the championship. For whatever that's worth.

The Williams kid was the best player on the field every game. He will truly be special.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:The last two years they have been very good in middle school ball. This past fall they went 9-2, losing to Williamsburg in the championship. They beat Bell, Whitley, and Cumberland to name a few. The year before, they won their conference, beating Williamsburg in the championship. For whatever that's worth.

The Williams kid was the best player on the field every game. He will truly be special.
I think you are exactly right. This kid needs this and he needs support from what I here. I hope he blows that field up. I wasn't sure about middle school, I never watch them. But I thought they were good, just didn't want to say anything out of turn. I did hear talk about the Williams kid and the Carroll kid being really good. Like I said, Middlesboro will be back and I don't think things will be as bad as what everyone assumes. Give Massengill time, get players disciplined and demand they respect and play for each other.

Above all else build character in these young men. There is a time and a season for everything. Play ball Jackets and keep your heads held high...You are a tradition no matter what you win or lose and you will be remembered.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:The last two years they have been very good in middle school ball. This past fall they went 9-2, losing to Williamsburg in the championship. They beat Bell, Whitley, and Cumberland to name a few. The year before, they won their conference, beating Williamsburg in the championship. For whatever that's worth.

I've actually spoken to a few people who said that MMS actually played the 7th grade team. They said that the Whitley coach double scheduled on that day and had to take his 8th grade team to Bell but offered to leave his 7th grade team to play so Coach Powell just took him up on it. So even though they did win big, it wasn't as meaningful. However, wins over Bell and Cumberland are solid.
Neither Bell nor Cumberland were very good this past season, not saying Middlesboro wasn't. I saw the Middlesboro team two years ago and it was very good offensively, but pretty average defensively.
So, it sounds like Middlesboro will have good sophomore and freshmen classes next year and not so good in the upper two grades.
That's a fair statement.
HCS Wrote:Neither Bell nor Cumberland were very good this past season, not saying Middlesboro wasn't. I saw the Middlesboro team two years ago and it was very good offensively, but pretty average defensively.
So, it sounds like Middlesboro will have good sophomore and freshmen classes next year and not so good in the upper two grades.
2015 season, I only know of three seniors that will be pretty solid players. But, in the next couple of years, Middlesboro will be back. Where are all these kids? It seems like Middlesboro can't get anyone to come out and play. I said this all along, seems like kids that could really make a difference, won't play. I know what causes a lot of it, but it would be great if they would get both girls and boys to play something. This has been a bad season for sports all the way around.
Hey #1 I talked to a couple players last night and they said Middlesboro had to returning lineman that told the coach they were done and not going to play next year. Your son needs to keep you more informed. The other poster was right, things can get worse. I hope Middlesboro doesn't drop us from schedule next year. Can not wait to play you.
Number One Fan Wrote:Where are all these kids? It seems like Middlesboro can't get anyone to come out and play.

All sports are challenging, but football is a very physically demanding sport. For many, 5-6 years of that grind is plenty. And more recently, lots of kids get that much of it by the time they're 12. More ain't always better.

Of course, that's just one suggestion. There are as many factors as there are individuals.
TheBoz Wrote:Hey #1 I talked to a couple players last night and they said Middlesboro had to returning lineman that told the coach they were done and not going to play next year. Your son needs to keep you more informed. The other poster was right, things can get worse. I hope Middlesboro doesn't drop us from schedule next year. Can not wait to play you.
First of all, I guess if I had a son on that football team, I would know more. What linemen are you talking about? Middlesboro drop you? Are you freaking serious. I don't give a damn if they win or lose, they won't drop you. Everyone can always get worse, but they can also get better. So keep running your mouth, it will just give teams more incentive to beat you down. What a joke. If I had a son and I found out who you were, cause it is obvious your a smart mouth Pineville football player, I would tell him to take you down first.
Linemen want to quit?? Quit...an don't let that locker room door hit you on your way out...I think you have been misinformed. But, one of the freshman will probably take you out:biglmao:
I think they just dropped Corbin??? So yes they will drop you.
Middlesboro will not drop Pineville. You've got a bunch of kids on here talking smack. If they dropped Corbin, first of it I have heard. Like I said, I have no idea what their schedule will be, but Pineville will be one of the first teams the Jackets play.
I doubt that pineville is going anywhere. Kids quitting happens every year at this time even at Bell High (Jenkins& Cox) last year. This team will be young but make open some eyes.. That's why they play the game
I think that deion cloud kid will be an outstanding player next year. Idk about the Williams kid and Thompson boy they will both be freshman and needs time to grow. but watch for cloud to stand out.
Is there any truth to the rumor about trevor hoskins helping middlesboro? I have asked around but haven't heard anything for sure. As a Bell County person i don't think were will have any trouble with middlesboro this year they are way down and have lost a lot. As a football fan its great for the area if Hoskins is coaching. He was one of the best QBs i have ever seen in this area and will for sure make middlesboro a better team. Is there any truth to this?
Trevor Hoskins is back coaching at Middlesboro! Middlesboro maybe faster team overall speed then last year! Very young but very fast! Lost 5 starters O-Line and 2 starters D-Line! But I hear kids are working really hard and you never know what can happen on Friday nights!!! I think this team will have a better record then last year! As far as Pineville they will be very good in 1A football but not good enough to beat the Jackets!
Just a reminder for #1 fan, Pineville 27-7 over the faster Middlesboro team in 2015.
Must develope some OL/DL and we will be fine
TheBoz Wrote:Just a reminder for #1 fan, Pineville 27-7 over the faster Middlesboro team in 2015.
Little boyz will be little boyz...keep talking so you can convince yourself. I see Middlesboro being very hard for you to handle, I mean you guys have played some not so good teams and they beat you. You have a complete schedule to look forward to, don't single out Middlesboro, there are plenty of other teams that you and Middlesboro need to worry about. Concentrate on them as well, best of luck to you. And whether is it basketball, baseball, or football, I'll say it again: 27-1 Dammmmmnnnnnn! You boyz are all over football and basketball threads...I don't see you saying anything on baseball. Back your smack up and I promise I will personally congratulate you. Let us come together my boyz. After all, we are in the same county and we both hate Bell.
With a full year to acclimate the kids to their program, Middlesboro's staff will put a better-coached product on the field this fall, especially if they keep asst. coach Neal Pucciarelli around.

They'll be young in some key spots, so they might struggle early, but no doubt they'll get better every week.
They has a good season last year
the doc Wrote:They has a good season last year
"They has a good season last year"????? Who are you referring to???? :lame:
just because MHS parent likes to mislead people. Spring Ball 18 strong for the Jackets, we have more. Most have not played and not a lineman on the field. If the skill guys are eligible , they are young ,very young. Internet not friendly to a couple of them, sodas all around. strong discipline #1 fan.

Middlesboro will be back to 500 in a couple years, if they stay eligible .
You cannot fix stupid. I don't understand half of what I read. That's what happens when you have a bunch of kids posting on here.
What has happened in Middlesboro? I remember when Breathitt played them in the late 90s early 2000s and they were tough. Are the kids going to Bell or what's happened? Used to be a solid football program.
We've beaten Bell the past two seasons! Not losing kids to Bell, just set our goal to beat Bell and our kids think that there season is complete.. Didn't show up last half of season.. Really believe that will change with new staff in a couple of years..
Middlesboro wasted the most talent that they will have in the next 10 years. All you Middlesboro people want to blame the kids for last season, this same staff was in charge. If they can not handle them, nope hope for what is coming. Middlesboro sports program is in major trouble in years to come.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next