Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 82 Sheldon Clark 71 Final
Final from Johnsonville......

Sheldon Clark hit sixteen (16) 3 pointers in this game.

These are the two best teams in the 15th region.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Fun game to watch in Paintsville tonight.

JC picks up a Big win against ONE of the 15th's better teams tonight, In a wide open 15th Region.

No easy games on the road in the 57th District.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Johnson Central 82
Braxton Blair 16 points, 3 steals
Mason Blair 15 points
Kyle Gullett 14 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks
Dalton Adkins 13 points
Josh Hitchcock 10 points
Patrick Rice 8 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists
Tyler Pack 6 points, 7 rebounds

Sheldon Clark 71
Dylan James 33 points (8 of 11 from 3), 6 rebounds, 4 blocks
Kaleb Sturgill 20points (6 of 12 from 3)
Chase Parsley 12 points, 9 assists
Marvin Albrecht 6 points

Johnson Central shoots 29 of 33 FT's

There were 60 three points shot by both teams combined.
FIVE guys in doubles!!!!

WOW!!!

How bout Rice with two tres tonight!!!!! Nothing but nylon baby...lol!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Johnson Central outrebounds Sheldon Clark 44-23

Johnson Central hits 29 FT's to Sheldon Clark's 9

Team effort by Johnson Central

James and Sturgill hit 14 threes between them. If they have any average night then Johnson Central probably wins by 25
If you leave those two open. That pretty much is an average night...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Well JC establishes they are still king of the 15th until someone can knock them off. Hate that I missed this game
16 three pointers? good game
Both these teams have shown that they are the top 2 teams in the 15th. JC will be tough to beat but you can bet Coach Smith will make adjustments and be ready for a rematch.
GREAT game on both ends.
THOMCAT Wrote:Johnson Central outrebounds Sheldon Clark 44-23

Johnson Central hits 29 FT's to Sheldon Clark's 9

Team effort by Johnson Central

James and Sturgill hit 14 threes between them. If they have any average night then Johnson Central probably wins by 25

SC hit 9 of 9 FT's. JC hit 29 of 33.
Great all around game in the 15th region, these are two of the top 3 or 4 teams within the region
coachfan Wrote:SC hit 9 of 9 FT's. JC hit 29 of 33.

WOW!!!

That's almost 91% combined for the whole game...I don't know if they keep records on that, but if they do, it would have to rank right up there at the top. That's unreal.
I'm not trying to stir in it but how on earth did SC only have 9 attempts and JC had 33?

Lord knows I'm thankful for the JC win!!!!!!
16 three pointers, an don't win ?? Don't know about that.
The game was called very well.

So don't even try to stir the "Home Cooking" pot.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I was going by numbers alone. I wasn't able to attend. Like I said, I'm glad for the win. I've made it pretty well known I'm an Eagle fan.
JC attacked the basket and got to the line. Clark settled for taking jumpers and 3 pointers. Not sure I can count more then a few times SC attacked the basket in the half court set. No need to really attack the basket though when your shooting lights out. Good game to watch!
SC had only 9 FT to JC 33? Sounds like a game at Central. The district is going to be exciting that's for sure.
Great game to watch. Sheldon clark shot the ball very well from 3 but having been shooting like that all year, and jc shot the ball well to. Patrick rice had 2 3s in the game. rebounding and turnovers was the difference in the game. Cards will bounce back. These are the best 2 teams in the region....... congrats to jc they played better. the officials did a good job.
Red Bird Wrote:SC had only 9 FT to JC 33? Sounds like a game at Central. The district is going to be exciting that's for sure.

Johnson Central attacked the goal and Sheldon Clark settled for outside shots which will lead to one team shooting more free throws than the other IRREGARDLESS of where the game is played.
Nice win
I think the best won as they should have.
The three pointer is fool's gold. Not attacking the middle puts 0 pressure on
the opposition's bigs to defend. Not having to defend saves the bigs' wind
and also keeps them out of foul trouble. JC attacks the middle, hits its free
throws and wins easily even though SC is on fire from the three. End of strategy
debate.

I've raved about Gullett in all my posts. Double double every night, defends and
is the go to guy if needed. He is the best in the 15th. Justice, Hall and Gullett
will be all state. Smith but not Farmer (one trick) has an outside shot
at all state in the 13th. Too bad Gullett didn't get a chance to measure himself
against Hall in the regular season. Maybe it will happen in the state finals.
James was 8/11 from 3. If that's fools gold I want some of it. Parsley had a rare off shooting night and it was 47-45 going to the 4th. These teams are very close matchup wise. Gullett very good player but the 2 for sc are as good if not better and james is a sophomore. Jc made free throws and out rebounded the cards big time is why they won. No matter how many 3s they shot.