Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 76 Clay County 73
Final.
Didn't get to go, and radio was so bad I turned it off. Actually a little closer than I thought. Nobody in the 13th would roll in to John C. Combs arena and get a win, so pretty good effort by the Tigers. Again, another good game to prepare for the post season. And thanks, 64SUR for the updates.
Crap
walterwhite Wrote:Didn't get to go, and radio was so bad I turned it off. Actually a little closer than I thought. Nobody in the 13th would roll in to John C. Combs arena and get a win, so pretty good effort by the Tigers. Again, another good game to prepare for the post season. And thanks, 64SUR for the updates.

Man I was struggling trying to keep up. :joystick::joystick::joystick:
Sports "people" are known to be superstitious and that radio didn't help me any. Tigers made a great late run but fell just short. Want to hear from someone at the game, either side, whether Sexton's 5th foul was legitimate. Nevertheless, Combs Arena is a tough place to play. We all know that Bobby Keith is about as tough as they come anywhere. Farmer put together a nice game. This wasn't a region game but it would have been awesome to get the win against a pretty good team. I still have plenty of faith in this team, especially with a healthy Ryan House. What can't happen is letting a trip to Paintsville become a trap game. On to the next one.
I was there and sexton 4th and 5th fouls where horrible. But it wasn't the fouls it was the no calls that beat us. Clay had the ball with little over a minute to go and was holding it and perry s player might as well have put a saddle on smith. He fouled him at least 4 times and no call. And next trip down the floor he trips him Going to a pass and no call. But here's the deal Smith was sick the whole game ryan house injured wrist limited his play them they foul sexton out and Clay still has a chance. Clay beats this team by double figures easy on a neutral floor. Farmer packed them offensively but man his defense is non existent.
BrokenArrow Wrote:I was there and sexton 4th and 5th fouls where horrible. But it wasn't the fouls it was the no calls that beat us. Clay had the ball with little over a minute to go and was holding it and perry s player might as well have put a saddle on smith. He fouled him at least 4 times and no call. And next trip down the floor he trips him Going to a pass and no call. But here's the deal Smith was sick the whole game ryan house injured wrist limited his play them they foul sexton out and Clay still has a chance. Clay beats this team by double figures easy on a neutral floor. Farmer packed them offensively but man his defense is non existent.

You always keep it real.
I just tell the truth about it. Clay is a way better team than Perry . The little skinny blond headed ref that looks like he is 12 years old is the worst I have ever seen anywhere. They knew what they wherr doing they would call a foul on perry 40 feet from basket when it didn't matter but would not call one on a shot unless it was a mugging and just the opposite for clay. I will always keep it real. SMITH had an off night and probably shouldn't have played. Sexton had bad calls against him all night and Farmer either can't or won't guard a light pole
Buy on a positive note CC is really really good when they are healthy and buckle down on defense.
I didn't have the greatest expectation of winning coming into this game. I still feel the same way I did before the game, Clay County is the best team in the 13th region and when healthy the second best in the mountains.
Guys, I was at the game and the crying over the refs is weak. PCC should have beat them 15. They were up double digits and missed multiple lay ups. Here's the bottom line. Neither team could guard me and I am short and fat. Beverly ran wild on Clay and Farmer could have kicked one in. If this Clay team would play defense the sky is the limit.
Farmer packed CC tonight on offense. The kid can flat score the ball.
I think Smiths tank finally hit rock bottom tonight. Id say questionable at best for Thursday night. Been fighting this illness since the MTN Classic.
Sugar Bear had a great game tonight. Getting better every game.
Sexton must have had some type of sign on him. It was crazy.
Perry's kids did what they had to do. Pretty good team.
Marcum was fighting a loosing battle. Handled it much better than I did. Good Job coach.
The TIGERS will rest and reload.
clay co I agree is the favorite to win the 13th but not alot of diff in several teams. north and south had clay beat. obi gave them all they wanted beat corbin by 6 and harlan co by 9. so most those games are one or two calls or one bucket or stop from going the other way. clay finding a way to win though. props to clay co.
As for the 12 year old official. He is one of the top officials in the state. He calls the state tourney every year. Clay got multiple calls after Marcum got his technical. Including a foul on a farmer 3 that was all an acting job in front of the Clay bench. I'm Quite sure That I stated before this game that if Clay ran with PCC they would lose. They tried and we're getting blown out and finally slowed it down.
Yeah ur right paparazzi that's the reason Shannon was apologizing to Marcum after the game about the officials. You guys couldn't play within 15 of Cal on a neutral floor
I really believe that if this Clay team came to play every night like they did against Knott they would be hard to beat. Nice group of kids for real. Lots of old fashioned basketball sense on this team as far as offense but the standing on defense is something Bobby Keith would have flipped over.
I can't argue with that paparazzi but I think a lot of CCs defense relies on Smith flying around and House locking down on someone and we just didnt have that tonight. But we will. They will heal and get well soon.
I watched the game. Fouls count and free throws had nothing to do w/ this games outcome. Sexton's 5th foul was a good call. He had the kid by the arm. What about the foul that gave Farmer 3 free throws at the end of the 3rd when PCC had pretty much put it away. It goes both ways. CC out rebound PCC 38-20. Both teams played terrible on D. Farmer shot open shots all night and so did Beverly. I truly thought PCC was a 10-15 pt better team. I thought they were a couple plays away from blowing it open 2 times tonight. Good luck to both teams he rest of the way but both teams will have to learn how to guard if they have a chance at winning their regions.
UKCC Wrote:I didn't have the greatest expectation of winning coming into this game. I still feel the same way I did before the game, Clay County is the best team in the 13th region and when healthy the second best in the mountains.

J don't understand where you get that.
Ballstar, you watched the same game that I did. There's no reason for me to say anymore, you totally gave a perfect review of exactly what happened in this game and for both teams future. No defense no region title. Simple!
topnotch Wrote:J don't understand where you get that.

Perry would beat Williamsburg by 15 or more at Perry.....that is where he is getting it at.
BrokenArrow Wrote:Yeah ur right paparazzi that's the reason Shannon was apologizing to Marcum after the game about the officials. You guys couldn't play within 15 of Cal on a neutral floor

That's funny because this perry team beat Taylor county at Taylor county a couple weeks ago
The free throws weren't that different. Perry shot 32, but 8 of them were at the end of the game when clay was fouling. And clay shot 21
Good win for Perry. This game will help Clay get ready for regional tournament.
Congrats to Perry.
BrokenArrow Wrote:I just tell the truth about it. Clay is a way better team than Perry . The little skinny blond headed ref that looks like he is 12 years old is the worst I have ever seen anywhere. They knew what they wherr doing they would call a foul on perry 40 feet from basket when it didn't matter but would not call one on a shot unless it was a mugging and just the opposite for clay. I will always keep it real. SMITH had an off night and probably shouldn't have played. Sexton had bad calls against him all night and Farmer either can't or won't guard a light pole

I think 2 of the 3 ref's graduated from pcc. If they didn't graduate from pcc, I know their younger brothers did!
No team is beating perry at PCC with Brian Napier, Kyle Maggard, and Snake Fugate calling the game. FACT.
Any win is a good win. I agree with a couple of our posters about our lack of defensive commitment. Within the big picture, this game means nothing. Perry has got to commit to defense, plain and simple. If not, they will be a quick out. This includes Tobler learning to play and not get into foul trouble, especially against a team like Knott. We have some very good athletes, but, in order for us to compete for a regional championship, we must accept that we have to play both sides of the ball.

Congrats to my Dores on the win last night. Don't settle for where you are at. You need to understand how to get to where you need to be.
After that I feel it is going to be rough for about 6 teams to get out of the 13th. And they will compete.
Well I'd like to congratulate the Commodores on the win and kudos to Clay County for a hard-fought LOSS.

Blah-refs-blah-blah-no-call-blah-blah