Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who played on Thanksgiving in the past?
Sometime, somewhere, in the past year, I read about a Thanksgiving Day game - I think it was a state semi-final game - possibly Bell hosting a Lex. area team (my guess is the M'boro paper had it).
Anyway, does anyone know when the last turkey-day game was, and who played?

I think the one your thinking of was Bell making Highlands come to log mountain. At least it seems that was the case but its been awhile.
CatDawg Wrote:I think the one your thinking of was Bell making Highlands come to log mountain. At least it seems that was the case but its been awhile.

That is the last time it happened and I believe it was 1991. I don't think the KHSAA allows games on Thanksgiving anymore.
Watched a game this morning on one of the ESPN chanels,,, High school game betweeen Pennsylvania team and a New Jersey team, The high schools are across the small river from each other and they play on Thanksgiving morning no matter what the are doing in the regular season.. One team was playing in the state playoofs Saturday morning, 2 days after playing their cross river rivals.. this was the 100th game between the schools
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I seen about that game on the cover of the USTODAY newspaper but did not get the chance to read about it. THen I seen that ESPN was covering it for there weekly prep game of the week. Just wondering who was winning or who won the game.