Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the best Coach in the 13th
Personaly I go with Robert Marcum. He has brought the Tigers back to its dominates in the 13th winning back to back regional titles and reaching the finals 3 out of his first 5 seasons with the program. Wondering what others think?
Dinky
Dinky?
If you don't understand that statement you are to young to have an opinion.
So your saying on a high school basketball forum its insignificant to talk about who people think are the best coachs. Ok!
Dinky does more with less than anybody in district. You acted incredulous that it was my opinion that Dinky was best coach. If you know anything about the 13th you have to respect Dinky.
I didn't even think about Dinky. I thought you were saying my response was Dinky. Lol
Didn't Barborville go the finals the year South won the State?
Dinky is very good as are Marcum and Pitrowski. Jones is a good young coach following in his daddy's footsteps
Jones jr will have more success in the region than his father minus his Dad's All A success I go with Coach p 2nd. Jones has to prove his self before I put him among the best
I have to go with Marcum as no1. Put CC back on the mountain top. Probably has more pressure to win than anyone else in the region. :flame:
Dinky is a good one also. Big fan of his.
I think in time little Mike will be a great one. :Thumbs:
Tony P. getting owned by the Burg at the moment. :Sad04:

I guess these are my top 4.
I think Robert Marcum is the best offensive coach in the region but the best all around coach goes to Tony P in my opinion.
Correction!!! Marcum is in his fifth season so he's been in the finals every year he's coached Clay with the exception of one!
There's some good coaches in the 13th. Personally I would put Tony Pietrowski number 1. You can never count Corbin out with him at the helm. Last year very few people would have thought Corbin would be in the region championship and he got them there. The last 10 years (I believe these stats are correct) Corbin has been in the 13th region championship game 7 times and won 3 of them.
These guys are making my point. Regional finals 3 out of 4 years, if im not mistaken, with back to back trips to Rupp and ranked in the top 25 in the state this year and CC fans want more. No pressure like this at any other school. Has to be no 1.
Coaches are only as good as their players.....wait no no Brad Sizemore proves that theory wrong. I'll take Marcum, Dinky, and Coach P.
Back to Back
Clay County Coach-Robert Marcum
Roscoe Denney. If you dont beleive me look in his jewelery box.
He made Steve Wright look good. Roscoe has to be a genuis.
Marcum in my opinion is the best coach in the region.......but there are several other good coaches as well.
Last 5 years would be Robert Marcum 100% sure. :truestory:
Best coach in the region is Pietrowski. Dinky is second and then Marcum. Don't forget, Marcum lost to the same team his team beat by 30-plus points in district title game, in the region finals.
Cause Dew said so.
Kayne-W Wrote:Didn't Barborville go the finals the year South won the State?

No. South Laurel won state in 2005. Dinky's boys lost in the region finals to South Laurel by one point in 2006.
Mountaindew Wrote:Best coach in the region is Pietrowski. Dinky is second and then Marcum. Don't forget, Marcum lost to the same team his team beat by 30-plus points in district title game, in the region finals.
Cause Dew said so.

That is true....and he also beat them 2 other times during the season that year to, however Pietrowski has only beaten Marcum 1 time (it was in the 13th region tourny) and that is it. Marcum has owned Corbin and Pietrowski since he became coach at Clay. I think Pietrowski is a heck of a coach and yes he has been at Corbin longer than Marcum has been at Clay but there is no way you can label him the best coach in the 13th region.
Marcum effectively coaches with purpose and drive.He prepares his team as well as any in the region and the players just buy in.So many great coaches that get overlooked.Jones at Harlan will be a good one before it's all said and done.
Kayne-W Wrote:Didn't Barborville go the finals the year South won the State?

South won their State title as a member of the 12th region. Corbin was 13th region champs that year. But, the following year, 05-06, South defeated Barbourville by one point in the championship game, for their first 13 region title.
With out A doubt Dinky 1 Tony P. 2 Marcum 3
He may not have invented the matchup, but he did perfect it. Roscoe Denney is the best coach in the 13th.
Maybe Roscoe should be head coach for north.
Maybe they would start winning
I would go with Pietrowski as the top coach in the region. Marcum has done a fantastic job at Clay but I would still say Tony is a little bit better despite the head to head record. Dinky Phipps is probably #2 on my list though. Just like John D. Wilson over at Red Bird back in the day. Wilson was one of the better coaches around but due to the school being smaller, didn't have the success as some of the "Big Boys". Both Barbourville and Red Bird have both had years when they were legit contenders for the region but overall, just haven't had the horses to be consistent powers despite the coaches.