Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wants a JC vs. Belfry meeting when this is over??
That game whould be awomse, It could be a good scrimage next year.
As everyone knows, I am not like the biggest JCHS fan at all. But I can tell you this with the utmost positively conclusive without a doubt answer in that Belfry absolutely doesn'ts want thisa matchup.
Belfry has a good team and great program. But in this particular year....JCHS is by far the best team east of lexington....maybe even a little farther!
Belfry would have no chance at all to contend with JC.
Well, it takes place, last game of the season next year. Already been set and scheduled.
Anyone who thinks that a pre-season game with Belfry has any substance is blatantly mislead.

That being said, from watching the two teams I think JC would beat Belfry by a couple TD's. I think Belfry would definately stand toe to toe,,, but JC is just a better all around team IMO this season.
Rocky Wrote:I think Belfry can stand toe to toe with JC!!
you are joking right?there is no way they can even compete with Jc.....No way, belfry is a good AA team but JC is one of the top AAA teams in the state
LUMBERJACK'06 Wrote:you are joking right?there is no way they can even compete with Jc.....No way, belfry is a good AA team but JC is one of the top AAA teams in the state

Exactly, I think 9 outta 10 times JC would beat Belfry.... I have the utmost respect for Belfrys football program, but JC is just to good this year... To much for the Pirates to handle, but as they say.... Anythign can happen any given Friday! That's why we play the games and don't judge by what's on paper
You will all be happy to know that it is already on the schedule JC will head to CAM to close out the regular season in '07
brotherinarms Wrote:You will all be happy to know that it is already on the schedule JC will head to CAM to close out the regular season in '07

But that has zero bearing on these two teams this season.
JC by far.
fox sports Wrote:Sportster,
Johnson Central is AAA not 4A.

I knew that, my bad! Doesn't change the point of the post though, JC is still a class above Belfry and much stronger this season!
If you're not careful, it may be Russell not Belfry that would want JC? lol
I want a great offseason that see May gain a step and gain 10 lbs of muscle (to 230). I want to see Ivan Lee rush for 1000 yards from FB next season. I want to see Elkins gain 20 lbs and come in next year as a muture and physically strong stud. I want to see Phillip Hickman, Heath Varney, and Timmy Lovern battle like animals after prey for that final TB spot.

I want to see Sutherland come in 20 lbs heavier and be the beast that opposing teams, CANNOT block! I want to see players like Corey Coleman and Charlie Dotson gain weight, get faster, and get stronger and become men that will lead this team next season. I want to see Matt Totten hit the weights like his life depends on it and come in next year at 6'4 285 in the best shape of his life.

I want to see Ryan Preston work his tail off at WR and become a weapon at that position, AND become a shutdown DB. I want to see Bowens fill his body out and come back next year in the mold of Aarron Chapman and be able to laugh at the guy who lines up next to him because he knows he is better.

I want to see Devil Webb's young man grow and be a BEAST at OG and DT next season. I want to see Jimbo Smith make the most of this, live and die Pirate Football, and come out and lead his OL to a championship.

Lastly, I want to see the Great Pirate fans, and all of those who care, to come out and get PUMPED about another championship caliber team next season!
LovetheBucs Wrote:I want a great offseason that see May gain a step and gain 10 lbs of muscle (to 230). I want to see Ivan Lee rush for 1000 yards from FB next season. I want to see Elkins gain 20 lbs and come in next year as a muture and physically strong stud. I want to see Phillip Hickman, Heath Varney, and Timmy Lovern battle like animals after prey for that final TB spot.

I want to see Sutherland come in 20 lbs heavier and be the beast that opposing teams, CANNOT block! I want to see players like Corey Coleman and Charlie Dotson gain weight, get faster, and get stronger and become men that will lead this team next season. I want to see Matt Totten hit the weights like his life depends on it and come in next year at 6'4 285 in the best shape of his life.

I want to see Ryan Preston work his tail off at WR and become a weapon at that position, AND become a shutdown DB. I want to see Bowens fill his body out and come back next year in the mold of Aarron Chapman and be able to laugh at the guy who lines up next to him because he knows he is better.

I want to see Devil Webb's young man grow and be a BEAST at OG and DT next season. I want to see Jimbo Smith make the most of this, live and die Pirate Football, and come out and lead his OL to a championship.

Lastly, I want to see the Great Pirate fans, and all of those who care, to come out and get PUMPED about another championship caliber team next season!
And if you are a good 'lil boy, eat all youand mind Mommy and Daddy, Santa might grant your wishes!
Perhaps..

Beflry will make the final 4..

Who is your team? Bet they dont!
No disrespect to JC, but any team that plays a Phillip Haywood coached team late in the year is in trouble. Coach Matney is a great coach and if I am not mistaken, didn't he coach under Haywood? I would like the Bucs in this match up. But it is not going to happen, so let's all be like the sportster and ban together and watch both of them in Louisville!!!!TongueirateSho :Thumbs:
Belfry is a good team no doubt about it but, they are not even on the same LEVEL as Johnson Central
I would have to go with Johnson Central in this one. Would be a fun game though..
LovetheBucs Wrote:I want a great offseason that see May gain a step and gain 10 lbs of muscle (to 230). I want to see Ivan Lee rush for 1000 yards from FB next season. I want to see Elkins gain 20 lbs and come in next year as a muture and physically strong stud. I want to see Phillip Hickman, Heath Varney, and Timmy Lovern battle like animals after prey for that final TB spot.

And I want the Clevland Browns to win the super bowl lol
Good one Panther
Has it been confirmed that Belfry and Johnson Central will play next year? Or is this a rumor?
I think Belfry should play Logan, WV.. but we know they it wouldn't be a game... Logan has always been horrible.. always will be :thumpsup:

aint that right joethegreek?.. lol:Clap:
Why would you want to play a team that wasn't any good? Belfry and JC I'd like to see next year. Not sure if it would ever happen. I think most teams already have their schedules done for next year anyway.
I would love to see Logan play Belfry. Belfry would win. But Logan is trying to build a program. To do that you have to play the best. They have played Johnson Central the last two years. The Wildcats competed in both games until the trird quarter. The Pirates are also one of the finest teams around. Logan fans know the tradition of Belfry football. Plus Haywood is a gentleman and if the score was getting out of hand , he would call off the dogs
Belfry has played Logan before, but not sure how many times! I remember sitting in the rain and watching Belfry beat a Logan team pretty good! I would much rather see them play Johnson Central. It would be better for Belfry in the long run!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Logan and Belfry not going to happen. I do know that logan has been in negotiations with Paintsville. I would love to see belfy and JC go at it. Matney vs Haywood. Excellant coaching matchup. Belfry leads series 23-0 over the Golden Eagles.
Some Belfry fans told me that the Pirates and Man use to have some good games. Too bad Man can't compete at Belfry's level anymore
How about Belfry/ Hoover Alabama in a Pike Co Bowl game. The Pirates vs the Bucs
joethegreek Wrote:How about Belfry/ Hoover Alabama in a Pike Co Bowl game. The Pirates vs the Bucs

That would be the Buc Bowl..
my predicitions

Belfry 0
Hoover 63
Bring on the Hoover Bucs lol.