Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Game to go to next week
phsblackcats Wrote:does anyone know who the big name games are from each school?? Any players getting recruited for big time d1 schools??

sorry.....meant big name players not games!!
Russell @ Belfry...
Showtime_05 Wrote:Mercer was in the east last year..

yeah they was until Russell put it all over them 41-26
In Eastern Kentucky it would be a toss up between the Belfry/Russell and JC/CC game. The most evenly matched should be Belfry and Russell. The higer calibre competition, the JC/CC game. Take your pick!
Belfry vs Russell
phsblackcats Wrote:does anyone know who the big name players are from each school?? Any players getting recruited for big time d1 schools??

Shawn Grimm and Blake Johnson are big name players from JC
Belfry would be Dustin May, uh the Epling dude as well, I can't think of any other particular names
Don't look for many BHS players to go D1. If I am not mistaken, ONLY David Jones and Irv Dotson have recieved division 1 offers during Hawyood's tenure.

IMO, it makes what he has done that much more impressive.
Theres no players from Belfry that will go D1 this year..
May is the only one I see even having a chance...
Who knows what the sophomore class will develope into
Johnson Central vs. Covington Catholic
Panther#42 Wrote:This is true! Teams from the west are really hyped up...and usually when they make it to state and play a EKY team and get poped in the mouth a few times they lay down

Both Championships that Belfry won were close and I didn't see the other teams lay down..
Showtime_05 Wrote:Both Championships that Belfry won were close and I didn't see the other teams lay down..

well considering the west was supposed to be 4+ touchdown favorites.. I would say they layed down compared to what they could have done, "talent wise"..

Either they were all overrated, or they were scared...
mrfootball03 Wrote:well considering the west was supposed to be 4+ touchdown favorites.. I would say they layed down compared to what they could have done, "talent wise"..

Either they were all overrated, or they were scared...

You know. I have read several of your ridiculous posts on here. All I keep hearing is that everyone is or has been or should be scared of Belfry. While i have the utmost respect for Belfry as a team. I doubt that any team out there is scared of them this late into the playoffs. You make it sound as if Belfry is the greatest team to have ever existed. But unlike most Belfry fans you really have no clue. Most Belfry fans out there realize that they have had a tremendous run in the last few years. They went back to back in the state championships. Which are the only 2 that they have.

Take a pill and enjoy the ride. Belfry is an excellent football program but they are not a powerhouse that instills fear into anyone and everyone they face.
Russellvs.Belfry
BurntTires Wrote:Belfry vs Russell

:Thumbs: :letsparty I can't wait!
JC and CC
Johnson Central and Covington Catholic. But hard to stay away from the Russell/Belfry clash of the Titans game once again!
Russell @ Belfry

it will be a close one:rockon:
Panther#42 Wrote:Shawn Grimm and Blake Johnson are big name players from JC
Belfry would be Dustin May, uh the Epling dude as well, I can't think of any other particular names
CLARK,alot of other good seniors like Beekman,Sutton and Frasier to name a few.Have alot of other players stepping it up...having a great next year coming up.
Belfry has been the team to beat in this area for years,they just keep winning every season. Winning a state champinship is hard to do,we are tickled to death to have the two that we have.Hope to have more to come! Keep up the good work Pirates!
Belfry vs Russell
Russell / Belfry game is like having twin boys --but only one can play in the BIG GAME... Pick who is playing and route them on with other one sitting beside you in the stands... This is getting to be like a family affair......
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "